Start by marking “Wild Cards (Twisted #3)” as Want to Read:
Wild Cards (Twisted #3)

Wild Cards

(Twisted #3)

Dark Romance (Standalone)

She grew up with love but tragedy took everything away from her.

He was forced into a life that he hated and was drowning in darkness.

They both lost hope...

They both looked for ways to numb the pain...

To him, she was unpredictable and alluring. To her, he was a dark knight with a shady past. What happened next was unexpected. Their chance encoun
310 pages
Published October 7th 2015 (first published October 6th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Cards, please sign up.

Dilushani Jayalath
*I kindly received an ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

I didn't even finish the book. I really did not like this book at all. This is my style of books I normally read (contemporary adult) but still everything about the book was bad for me. I'm not in any way against the style of writing either. It's just I did not like the characters in the book. They were all annoying and not slightly likeable at all.
First let me begin by saying about the main character Vicky. She annoyed m
Renee
Oct 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Having read the entire series, I know Luc. Yes I didn't know if there could be any redemption for him. While I understood being brought up in the mob couldn't have been easy, I struggled for a little with his character. I was wrong. the author flipped the entire character and made me fall for him. What happened with the mob family in the past makes me conflicted with hating Luc.
The story of Vicky was DARK. OMG I loved it. Yes it was a bit edgy and that is why I enjoyed reading it. What a messed
Drue DePompei-Hoffman
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
While it is not necessary to read the first 2 books, I am glad I did. I gave me a more indepth feel for everything that Luc went through and how far his journey was.

Vicky is the perfect woman for Luc they are both battered souls and able to connect with each other on a much deeper level. But the demons of their pasts keep resurfacing.

The only thing I would have liked would have been more of Vicky's best friend Nessa, after a certain point in the book she seemed to kind of get lost in the story a
Lauren
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Even after the changes to this book I still loved it! The feels! This book has it all! Where do I start? This is the first 'dark' romance that I've ever read and if I'm honest, after reading the prologue I was unsure wether or not to carry on. (I say dark romance but it is only one scene that this applies too. This scene is completely necessary to their epic love story.) All I can say is I'm so glad I did! Luc has definitely joined my list of alpha males! Love this book!
XxTainaxX
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Luc and Vicky are two broken people trying to find their way in the world. They find eachother and though they resist at first, end up surpassing their problems into a deeper connection. This is an emotional read. They are very flawed characters but what they have with eachother is what the universe determined they needed to heal. Good plot twists and development not to mention sexy as hell scenes.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
Melissa Mendoza
Page Count: 310
Heat Level: 4 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

She grew up with love but tragedy took everything away from her.

He was forced into a life that he hated and was drowning in darkness.

They both lost hope...

They both looked for ways to numb the pain...

R.C. Stephens
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I loved writing this story. To me these characters represent the reality of the difficult road to falling in love especially for those who have been burned in the past. When writing this story I felt every ounce of their despair and hope. Their need to find that special someone that they know they can depend on no matter what. I think deep down we all need that reassurance that if we fall there will be someone to catch us and love us unconditionally.
Itsy Bitsy Book Bits
When a bad decision at a sex party sends her to the hospital Vicky Molina realizes the error in her way and she just wants to go home. What awaits for her there is not something she ever could have expected. The death of her mother hit her hard but the two years after have treated her unkind and been harder than ever. Finally working up the nerve to go to New York City and meet someone she takes off and doesn't look back. Old habit die hard though as they say. Her first night in the city and she ...more
Caro
Oct 29, 2015 rated it did not like it
“Wild Cards” is the story of Vicky and Luc. Both have endured very cruel things and cross each other’s paths continuesly.

Unfortunately this was a DNF for me. There were a lot of things that didn’t work. First, the beginning of the book. Sure, there’s this warning from the author and I can say I’ve already read a lot of “dark” stuff in books. But this was just too much. And I feel the need to warn here myself, too – BE AWARE, there’s a very violent and disturbing rape-scene at the beginning of
Bobbi
Let me start off by letting you know that there is sexual abuse in this book, so if reading about this topic will be an issue for you, do not read this book.

I thought the storyline for this book was great! It was well thought out and well written. The characters were well developed with enough history to understand them and why they do what they do.

I could have given this book a higher rating, but what held me back was the conversations between characters. They were too proper and not real enou
Amy
Sep 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Wild Cards
RC Stephens

Wild Cards is Luc’s story a few years later however you don’t need to read them to know what is going on. Luc is leaving the world that is mob run after a brutal past and losing too much. He is seeking comfort in a new life and therapy. Luc considers himself a monster. He hasn’t engaged in physical contact, drugs or alcohol in over two years but the parties; he hosts them and watches.

Vicky is damaged by the events in her past. She was on the move to heal and then h
Lauren-marie
Sep 05, 2015 rated it liked it
I wanted to like this. I really did. I didn't know what to expect when I first started this as I hadn't read the first two in the series. After the prologue I was completed engaged and had high hopes for this book. Sadly this didn't live up to my expectations. This book has great potential. I love the idea of the story line. We had two broken souls and a man from a mafia family. Like I said great idea and something that I would usually enjoy. Unfortunately for me the story was pretty slow paced ...more
Darlene Avery
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC review:

Wild Cards by R.C. Stephens

Wild Cards is definitely not for the faint of heart. It is brutal, gritty, and raw. With scenes that will tear your heart and soul apart.

Luc is coming of age in a world run by the mob and lives under the constant brutality of his own father.

Vicky is trying to find a way to bury the emptiness inside of her, and seeks out sex parties and other activities to try to fill the void within her.

Both Luc and Vicky are very flawed characters, however they are both lo
Sharamebeth79
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. The opinions in this review are my own. I enjoyed read R.C. Stephens book Wild Cards. I found it easy to identify with Vicky Molino. I felt that this book was a great way to escape and vicariously try things that I had not heard about before. This book covers some material intended for people eighteen and over as well as being for entertainment purposes. Vicky has a very steamy imagination and a lot of courage to try out steamy sce ...more
Edelmira
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 AMAZING STARS !

I love this story so much. It was beautiful, emotional, and heart-wrenching story. It literally captivated me in so many ways.
This story is about two broken souls experienced a painful past.
Later, they found each other with so much love and second chance with life.
I think Wild Cards will stick with me for a very long time and definitely a great reread for me. :)
R.C is such an amazing author. Her stories are always so incredible to read. I see myself a little bit in every fe
Crystal
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**Received an Arc for an honest review**

This is the third book in the series, it can be read as a standalone. I loved the twists and turns in this book that I finished it all in one sitting. This story is about Luc, and how he's finally starting over his life. He's away from his mafia family, successful in a legal job, and sober but that doesn't stop him from having regrets for things he's done in the past. Vicky is lost and damaged from her past happenings, that she tries to bury her pain by go
JMV
Sep 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: author-review
Received from the author for a honest review. After receiving Wild Card for a review, I decided to go back and read the first two books just in case. While this book goes over what happens in the previous Twisted series, I'm glad I did. This is Luc's story 2 years later. After leaving his families business and moving to NY, Luc still feels like he doesn't deserve love. That is until he meets Vicky. The two both have twisted past and so the story goes. I liked the storyline but again it just wasn ...more
Kim
Oct 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wild Cards can be read as a stand alone but I recommend reading Bittersweet Love and Twisted Love first to fully understand the history and story of the characters. It is a well written suspense/thriller that is definitely for the age 18 and over age group due to the adult content and subjects covered. I liked the first two books, but I truly LOVE Wild Cards. I read this in one sitting. It's emotional, raw and gut-wrenching but well worth it. I highly recommend this entire series. You won't be d ...more
Maria York
Oct 09, 2015 rated it liked it
This book is a slow read until you get 3/4 the way through it! It does have a great story line, sexy male characters, a broken woman and the dark twists that I was looking for! The only thing that I really didn't like was how slow paced it was!
One man who thinks he's a monster because of the things that his mafia boss father made him do, a girl who has been broken to the point that she thinks that she doesn't care what happens to her and a connection that neither one can deny!
Bette Hansen
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one but I do wish I had read the prior books in the series. It does have a very small portion that hits on sexual assault but that isn't the main focus of the book. The focus is more on the incredible love story between two wounded souls and the healing power of that love. After getting over several bumps along the way Luc and Vicky have a love that is strong and enduring. A fascinating story that will remain with me. I recommend this one.
Carrie White
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, what an amazing R.C Stephens first for me!
It was written smoothly & kept ahold of me from the prologue. Definitely Wild Cards!
Broken souls, lost & found love. Fighting for redemption & owning your dreams.
A powerhouse of a read!!
Nancy Metsch
Jul 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing

WOW!!! I loved this story. Luc had my heart rom book 1. The book pulled me in deep and didn't let me go until the very end of the book. Thanks RC. You did it again
Dottie
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Although this book is a third novel in this series, it is a stand-alone. I have not personally read the first two books and was not lost at all with reading of this one. This author asked Jenn if we would please review her book and participate in release of this, her latest book, Wild Cards, and I was the lucky recipient of this ARC (from the author) to read and review. I have to tell you, it pulled me in almost immediately and kept me hooked throughout the entire book.
As you’ve seen i
books are love
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Two broken people. One due to his father and the other due to circumstances that break her. Luc tries to be a good person. Wants to be free of the chains his family and their line of work has shackled him to. Overall he is a great guy what happened in his past was not good but if he was forgiven by those wronged than he should forgive himself. That is easier said that done though and his guilt keeps him company for 2 years. that is until Vicky. Vicky who had just bad things happen to break her a ...more
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
This is the third book in the Twisted series, but can absolutely be read as a standalone with no problem at all since that is how I read this. This is definitely a dark romance story and not for the faint of heart. Luc and Vicky are two tortured souls who have been broken by other people and are drifting through life in a state of constant turmoil always searching desperately for something, anything to ease their pain and make them feel whole again. Vicky has been hurt in the past by those she t ...more
Andie
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
4,5 emotional stars
I could tell from the first pages that Wild Cards indeed will be a wild read, an emotional roller-coaster, and sometimes I need exactly something like that. I haven't read the first two books, but since this is a standalone, I enjoyed it without any knowledge about the other stories in the series.

Despite their issues and bad decisions, I liked Luc and Vicky, and really rooted for them to get through their painful past, and I hoped they will be able to heal each other's wounds.
Cami
Sep 08, 2015 rated it liked it
I won an ARC for this book for a honest review.
First I must say that this wasn't the final draft of the book and things might change when the book is out.

I usually don't read Dark Romance as so many books are now called. I'm a sucker for happy books or light ones where I don't feel much pain, 'cause you know... life. This book was a roller-coaster the prologue was incredible, it was scary but that was ok, it left me wanting.
Then the first chapter was a complete shock (view spoiler)
Tonya Farmer
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Reviewed for 2 Girls Who Love Books blog
I was gifted a copy of Wild Cards in exchange for an honest review.

I love the cover it is sexy and enticing! The prologue was promising and I was really excited to read the story of Luc and Vicky.

The problem was the characters were not likeable. I could not relate with they way they spoke. I feel as though they lacked something. Both Vicky and Luc have dark paths that have lead them down this dreary road and it does lead to a HEA but getting there was a di
Jennifer Pierson
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WOW! One sign of a great author to me, is the ability to make a hated character in a series redeemed in their own story. R.C. Stephens freakin nailed it in Wild Cards.

Luc is finally starting over in a new life. He's away from his mafia family, is successful in a legal job, and sober. This doesn't stop him from drowning in guilt and darkness however. He's done terrible things in the past that he can't take back. Vicki is on the road to self destruction by trying to bury her pain with sex parties.
Robyn
Dec 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Wild Cards is the third book in the Twisted series. Can be read as a stand-alone, but if you want back story on Luc, it wouldn't hurt to read the first two. Also, there is a graphic scene in this book that may cause triggers for sexual abuse survivors. It is extremely tough to read, so please be aware.

My feelings were torn in regards to this book. On one hand, it was extremely difficult to root for Luc after finding out what happened with his ex-wife. I didn't read the first two books before Wil
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Show Stopper (Rock & Release, Act #3)
  • The Waiting Game (American Gypsy, #2)
  • Redemption
  • Stepping Over the Line (Shamed #4)
  • Through The Veil (#1)
  • Liberty At Last (The Liberty Series #2)
  • Down to Business (Business, #1)
  • Branded
  • Erlöst (Colours of Love #2.5)
  • Crushed (Rushed #2)
  • Holding onto Hope: The Complete Hope Trilogy (Hope Trilogy, #1-3)
  • Cherished (Adam & Ella #3)
  • Tempting Fate (Serendipity, #2)
  • Speaking Greek (Foreign Exchange, #1)
  • Bulletproof Weeks (When You're Gone, #2)
  • On the Floor (Second Story, #1)
  • Perfect Betrayal
  • Kissing the Killer (Barone Crime Family #3)
As far back as R.C. Stephens can remember she was a sucker for a good romance. Of course there had to be a prince charming even if he ultimately was a dark knight and there had to be a happy ending.
She watched the movie Dirty Dancing way too many times growing up and Jean Claude Van Damme movies too. Go figure!
After years of saying she would write a book one day, she finally put pen to paper and

Twisted (3 books)
  • Bitter Sweet Love (Twisted, #1)
  • Twisted Love (Twisted, #2)