Start by marking “An Amish Spring (Amish Seasons #1)” as Want to Read:
An Amish Spring (Amish Seasons #1)

An Amish Spring

(Amish Seasons #1)

FREE ON KINDLE UNLIMTED

It’s springtime in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and Drusilla Riehl has just turned eighteen. While she’s attended youth gatherings and singings in the past, something feels just a little bit different now. As the eldest child, she has a lot of responsibilities, especially with her aging grandparents living in the smaller house attached to the Riehls’ far
Published March 21st 2015

To ask other readers questions about An Amish Spring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Amish Spring

Maureen Timerman
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
We begin this book delving into the lives of the Riehl family, and in particular Drusilla. This is an Amish family living in the Lancaster, Pennsylvania area, and we are going to be following this family as they go about their everyday life.
We follow Drusilla as she helps her father with haying, barn chores, and then helping her mother with housework, laundry and baking. We also go with Drusilla while she visits with her cousins and best friends and twins Miriam and Namoi. We go to church servic
Debbie
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An Amish Spring "(Amish Seasons Book 1) by Sarah Price the first short story (only 72 pages ) in the 4 books of the (Amish Season).

It is about Drusilla Riehl in the four seasons of the year. In this book she helps her mother, who is pregnant, take care of her other siblings and meet a young man while she is at a barn raising.

What is it about Caleb that makes Drusilla feel embrassed every time she is around him?

I read this story in one hour and didnt want to close it because I wanted to read mor
Lisabeth Crawford
Apr 23, 2015 rated it liked it
An Amish Spring

Decent book but a little too short for my liking. Good plot and story line. Can't wait to see how Drusilla and Caleb get on
Lauren
It's a good book for the most part, but short.
Tina Watson
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
No she just didn't do that to me???
I'm reading An Amish Spring and the next thing I know I'm reading the glossary.
Sarah Price ended An Amish Spring before I was ready for it to be ended.
Yay, a great author will do that to you, it's the price we pay at being readers at the mercy of authors.

"'Spring is known to be the season of love.'" While Drusilla Riehl, eighteen, has attended youth gatherings and singings in the past, something feels just a little bit different now. Will she figure out what
Sandra Devault
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
As the cold of winter is passing, we see spring bloom in the life of Drusilla (Dru) Riehl. Dru is a sweet, caring girl who genuinely cares for her family as well as others. An Amish Spring follows her life through the spring of the year. We get a glimpse of authentic Amish life through events, such as barn raisings, and we see how a young girl starts thinking differently about life through them.

An Amish Spring is a truly delightful story with real characters. Price’s knowledge of the Amish life
Nancee
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Nancee by: quiltcat26@sbcglobal.net
"An Amish Spring" is a story of renewal and rebirth after the long winter has drifted past. Drusilla Riehl has a lot on her shoulders as the oldest of 6 children, but she feels the draw of fresh air and new growth as the days grow a bit longer with each new dawn. New responsibilities and new relationships are only a portion of Dru's life. What does this particular spring hold for Dru as she awaits the birth of another sibling and grows as a young adult?

Poetic in description, "An Amish Spring" is
Cathy
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish
First I have to say it's a really good book, short but good. Was kind of slow at first but then when other characters started to show up the book got really good, And then when your just starting to get into it , the book ends ! I just did not want to see this story end. Glad it picks back up in the second book !!
Lisa
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes the best kind of happiness is when it comes as a surprise. That kind of happiness brings the same feelings as Spring.

Warmth. Excitement. Promise.

New beginnings.

Experience Spring through Drusilla' s eyes in An Amish Spring.

I was given a PDF version of Amish Spring for my honest review.
Valene
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good book

This book is about the courtship of an Amish boy and girl. They met at a barn raising. They seemed to connect right away. The boy was more certain about the relationship from the start than she was. But she soon came around and realized that she was falling in love with him.
Dianne Wood
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Enjoy the wonderful faith of the Amish

I liked the innocence of young love; the sweet simplicity of the Amish people is very intriguing. I love th a t they live a simple, honest life.
Debbie
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is another amazing book by Sarah Price. Watching Drusilla helping on her family's farm is truly inspiring. When she meets Caleb her life will change. This is a great book that you will read in one setting.
Cheryal
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish
I wanted to give it a 4 because the first 32% was boring for me. I think it was boring because HE wasn't introduced yet, and it was just Amish daily life, which I am familiar with, and laying the foundation.

But when Caleb came into the picture, woohoo! I am preordering the second book.
Denise
Nov 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Ok story. It's a short story, something that I didn't realize until it ended. (I read it on a kindle rather than an actual book so I didn't know it was so short.) Would prefer a longer book with more substance. All 4 season books could be one book. Dru seemed super uptight, even for an amish girl.
Claudia Harrington
Oct 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
A very sweet story
Terrie
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Started out slow but got better. Looking forward to the second one. Love love love Sarah Price books!
Jenni Peters
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sweet budding romance

This book gives a glimpse into the world of the amish. Druscillas story is such a sweet and fresh budding romance
Judy Bullard
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great story - I would like to have it be a little longer! I love to read Sarah Price.
Judith
May 09, 2015 rated it liked it
This was short and sweet! I will look for more in this series. I just wish that the books were longer so they had more substance to them.
Hope Burdette
Feb 28, 2016
BL Crooks
Jun 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
ECPA Christian Fiction Bestseller (June 2014, July 2014)

Amazon Top 100 Author for Books & eBooks (January 2016, September 2013, August 2013, May 2013, April 2013, February 2013, January 2013, December 2012)
-------------------------
The author of over 30 novels, Sarah Price publishes with Realms, an imprint of Charisma House and Waterfall, an imprint of Brilliance Audio.

Her book, An Empty Cup,

Amish Seasons (4 books)
  • An Amish Summer (Amish Seasons #2)
  • An Amish Autumn (Amish Seasons #3)
  • An Amish Winter (Amish Seasons #4)
“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.” 1 likes