Start by marking “Roses are Red... Violet is Dead” as Want to Read:
Roses are Red... Violet is Dead

Roses are Red... Violet is Dead

Violet Sumner has a stalker.
Between her largely dysfunctional family of two and the friends she doesn’t feel particularly close to, Violet thinks he’s the least of her problems. What she fails to understand is that the guy is no prankster and soon people turn up dead or missing. Because of her.
Things change when Violet’s best friend disappears and realization sinks in tha
Published March 12th 2015 by Booktrope Publishing (first published March 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Roses are Red... Violet is Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roses are Red... Violet is Dead

Patrice Hodge
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
(Read this as an ARC)

Really good read, especially if you like thrilling mysteries. Definitely have coffee nearby. Violet would approve. The pace is great and the characters are gradually introduced and fleshed out at a nice pace along with the story. Read it in one afternoon because I couldn't put it down.
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
3 stars for this YA mystery-thriller that kept me entertained and interested as I read.

Violet Sumer's father was killed in a car accident that has left her mother barely able to cope with life, addicted to alcohol and totally reliant on Violet.

Add to that a self-absorbed boyfriend, a best friend who has fallen in love and out of life, a shy retiring male admirer whom she has relegated to 'friend only' status and you can see that Violet has a lot to cope with.

Then a teacher who seems to pick on h
Janet Money
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Suspense, mystery and murder this book has it all! Read it in two days, had to know what happened next. The characters and plot are cleverly thought out. They draw you right in!
Paula  Phillips
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it

One morning is heading to school; Violet gets a strange text telling her to dump her boyfriend, Blake or Else. She shrugs it off as a prank, that is until she gets more text messages. Is it one of her friends or someone who wants Blake for themselves? Violet doesn't think anything more of the text messages until her English teacher is killed with an arrow right in front of her and a text arrives telling Violet that they killed him for her. With someone dead, Violet now realizes that she has a fu
Julie
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, mystery-shelf
Roses are Red... Violet is Dead by Monica-Marie Vincent is a March 2015 Booktrope publication. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is one of those super edgy YA novels, but instead of the usual dystopian and paranormal vampire tropes, this one is a mystery suspense thriller.

The story is told in first person narrative by Violet, a seventeen year old girl trying to cope with the aftermath of a car accident that took her father's life and left her mother with
Stephenie Kay
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome reading! I really enjoyed going along with the characters and trying to figure out the plot as it unfolded. I could relate with the characters and envision myself in the book. It was definitely a page turner. I couldn't stop reading it once I started. If you like suspense, this is the book for you.
Margie Hollomon
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I did not want to put this book down! Extremely well written, with current teen-age dialogue. Keep a triple shot latte nearby because you will not want to miss a minute of Violet's story. Just because she is being stalked doesn't mean that she turns into a drama queen, just the opposite.
Jennifer Scott
Jun 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received a copy of this story from Net Galley. Yay books!

Spoilers possible ahead...

Roses are red
Violets are blue
This book was crazy
You may think so too

Well, maybe not exactly crazy. I was trying to do something that rhymed. I'm not really good at it.

Anyway. I really liked the first half of this book. The second part seemed to go by really, really fast. If the second part had been more spaced out, I would have loved it!

Especially if there was more to the part with her and Danny. It's was like
Maranda  @ Melange of Reviews
Jun 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star, reviewed
1/5 stars
You can find all my reviews here
*Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

I saw this book on Netgalley and thought it sounded interesting. After looking into it a little it was really high rated and all the reviewers were raving about how well written and enjoyable it was. I think we must have read different books because my experience was much different. I didn’t like the book at all and I actually took to doing anything and everything
Elena Delgado
Jul 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: netgalley, dropped
Urg. I do not like dropping books half read, so it's a shame I stumbled upon this on Netgalley.
The basic reason why I could not go through with this book is that I have already spent so much time on watching Pretty Little Liars, and I believe books with teenagers, death threats, alarming texts and all that comes with it is pretty much exausted thanks to the Liars.
So when I read the two (three?) first chapters and saw that I was in for a bumpy ride, I decided life is too short for this.
The wri
Ariiana Crabtree
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: great-books
This is a great thriller ! I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole book anticipating what was going to happen next. I love the incorporation of texting and driving killing Violets parents that will definitely bring awareness and seriousness about the subject to all readers of this book. I also love that every time it seemed it couldn't get more twisted and crazy - the story took another turn! most definitely a good read, 2 thumbs wayyy up Moni!!!
Mandy Saial
Roses are Red ...Violet is Dead -Monica - Marie Vincent (4 Stars)

Psychotic Admirer !!!

Violet is a teenager who's had her fair share of Tragedy in her life...But , now she has an admirer...who would do anything ...Including getting rid of her .

This was a really great Young adult /New Adult Horror - Thriller. It was fast paced , had lots of really good twists that kept me turning the pages and you will never guess who is actually doing these awful things .
Stacy Crotty
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book! awesome read, easy to follow and excellent characters! I couldn't put it down! Now I cannot wait for the next part to come out! Going to kill me to wait! Going to buy my daughter a copy too!
Kelly Hudson
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: to everyone
Recommended to Kelly by: Monica marie Vincent
Wonderful, fast read, funny Violet reminds me of someone I know. I am ready for the second book. I want to know where the money came from and will Danny and Violet get together. Monica you did an outstanding job I need more LOL
Carolyn Willingham
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is wonderful! I started reading it, and couldn't put it down till I finished it.. Recommend it to anyone! Can't wait till the next book come out!!
Susan
May 07, 2015 added it
Couldn't finish it , I just couldn't take any more of the awful students. I will leave it on my Kindle for a couple of weeks to see whether I will go back and try again.
Amanda Johnson
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most awesome books I have read it keeps you glued to it so that you don't want to put it down and I would recommend it to anyone that likes to read suspense. It is a great read.
S.J. Cairns
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Violet's life was turned upside down at a young age by tragedy, but with ample caffeine and amusing snark she manages better than most. When odd things start happening, she fluffs it off as the lesser of problems in her life, until they become unavoidable and people start paying for her inattention.

Monica-Marie Vincent brings her readers on a journey with Violet as she navigates a cruel world and somehow picks up a stalker. While Violet tries to figure out what's going on, we meet a cast of lova
Carrie
Jul 02, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
All of my reviews for every book I read are posted on bookie-obsessed.blogspot.ca

Roses Are Red... Violet is Dead by Monica-Marie Vincent is a book about murder and thrilling events that are supposed to keep you engaged and right at the edge of your seat and that's what I was expecting going into this book. It seemed so promising but I was extremely let down and I was surprised when I saw the great ratings it had gotten on Goodreads because I felt like me and everyone else weren't reading the sam
F.P. Dyme
Apr 02, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

This review has some spoilers. Sorry, but I have questions.
I always give one star for an author writing a book and another star if I am able to read it to the end. This one book gets a third star for interesting characters and plot. The book does suffer from extra fluff in description and dialogue - it could have been about the third of the length and not have lost any content or meaning. However, a few of the characters stand out in the read
Lucy Delaney
Apr 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
Roses are Red … Violet is Dead by Monica-Marie Vincent reads like a typical teenaged horror story should. First there's the girl who unwittingly becomes the object of obsession. Then there's the family drama that keeps it interesting and gives the lead character, Violet, also known as Six, depth and reader sympathy. Next is the tight-knit but troubled clique of friends, because what teenaged horror story would be complete without a clique? And of course, it wouldn't be scary without a crazed psy ...more
J.N. Sheats
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book was fairly good, it has its highs and lows. Normally on my scale this book would rate three stars but I am giving it four because it did give me nightmares. Any book that can give me nightmares about freaky stalkers gets bonuses points, but to be totally honest there are somethings that could be worked on.
The beginning for one was very random and confusing. I had no idea what the story was or where as a reader. The story just jumped right into something and it wasn't clear what it was.
Tonja Drecker
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Roses are Red. . .Violet is Dead is a mystery/thriller with twists and turns, creeps and chills, and a horror hiding behind the facade of an unknown face. The main character, Violet, is a 17 year old girl, who's been dragged through life's troubles, but she copes as best she can. She's a wonderfully strong character, but not the super-fighting type often seen in today's literature, Violet has an inner-strength, which reveals itself as the story unfolds. I really enjoyed following her as she lear ...more
Seregon
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
*Warning: possible spoilers*

I won this in a contest. It in no way influenced my review.

Violet Sumner is recovering from her father's death after someone was careless texting while driving. Seriously- don't fucking do it!! She's also taking care of her alcoholic mom and dealing with a stalker who sends creepy texts and emails. Not to mention a weak little boy who's pissed off he got "put in friend zone". Typical guy. She doesn't like me like that..waaaaaaahhh!! No, dude, you're not getting laid.
Elizabeth Horbaczek
Mar 31, 2015 rated it liked it
I was given this book for an honest review.

3 stars

This book was just okay for me. I really enjoyed what I thought this book would be. A lot of mystery, drama and I bit of romance, but I feel that it felt short. I'm gonna go with the positives of the book first. I liked violet a lot. I felt she stood her ground and she spoke her mind. I really liked the whole theme of the book. Mysteries are are always a good read because I love that not knowing part. I think if the book was more of a sense of a
Kat Evans Hernandez
Shelves: 2015-reads, ya
Barbara Desmond
Jul 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Got ARC from Net Galley.

The friendship between Shelby and Violet made me go up to a 3 star rating from a 2.5 rating. Even though I don't have any guilty pleasures since I don't hide them I think this would fall into the guilty pleasure category. It isn't the best thing ever but it is a fun read. I'd call it a dark fluffy read if that makes any sense at all.

It made me think of Pretty Little Liars and a show from Investigation Discovery. I won't mention the title since that would give a great big
Corrine Pickering
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
***Reviewed for Hooked on Books ***

Roses are Red, Violet is Dead - Monica-Marie Vincent 3.5 Stars

Violet is trying her hardest to make her way through college whilst her partially disabled mum keeps going off the rails. One morning Violet gets a strange text, the texts keep coming, then the stalker ups the ante and Violet need to tell the police. Can Violet hold it together and stay safe until the stalker is caught ?

Hooked On Books
Nov 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Roses are Red, Violet is Dead - Monica-Marie Vincent 3.5 Stars

I really enjoyed this YA thriller, which kept me constantly trying to guess who the stalker is. I connected well wit
« previous 1 3 next »
  • A Neophyte's Tale (Netherwalker, #0.5)
  • Deceptive Outlaw
  • Bucked
  • One Hundred Saints
  • Roc Hard
  • Hard Hats and Doormats
  • Ruthless
  • Belize (Bad Boys on the Beach, #2)
  • Secret Santa (Rebel Wayfarers MC, #9.75)
  • Rematch (Chinese Zodiac Romance, #2)
  • Twelve Nights (Blue Moon Lake, #1.5)
  • Haunted Heart
  • Girl of Myth and Legend (The Chosen Saga #1)
  • Hold Me
  • Once Should Be Enough
  • Climax (Her British Stepbrother #3)
  • Scandalous Intentions (Ladies and Scoundrels #2)
  • Bound For You (Men In Blue, #6)
Monica-Marie Vincent writes Young Adult novels about troubled teens and even more troubled parents. She currently lives in Sacramento, CA although she would rather be in her home town of San Francisco. Thanks to her very put upon husband Monica-Marie is always well stocked with coffee, Diet Coke, and Cheddar Jalapeno Cheetos, so she wouldn't have to move away from her writerly lair to do mundane t ...more