Start by marking “Inheriting Fear” as Want to Read:
Inheriting Fear

Inheriting Fear

Chef Mya Jensen’s plate is already full. She has her job, her motorbike, and her kickboxing and she’s the guardian of her disabled mother. She doesn’t need a man in her life, and she definitely doesn’t need her cocky new neighbor, Detective Luca Patterson, linking her to his latest investigation.

Luca has never crossed a professional line—until he meets Mya. She is sexy, f
Published February 16th 2015 by Crimson Romance

To ask other readers questions about Inheriting Fear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inheriting Fear

Start your review of Inheriting Fear
Rowena Holloway
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Sandy Vaile’s debut Romantic Suspense is droll, sexy and will keep you guessing.

Traumatised by her past, Mya guards her privacy as passionately as she shields her invalid mother. Not even her new neighbour, sexy Detective Luca Patterson, is tempting enough for her to let down her guard. Then someone from her past emerges to stalk and harass her, the neighbourhood goes to hell, and Mya must put her trust in a man who isn’t sure whether she’s a victim or his best suspect in a series of robberies.
Jenny
Inheriting Fear is about revenge, love, and trust. One day Chef Mya Jensen while visiting her disabled mother in the nursing home, realised that her mother's jewellery was stolen and replaced by fakes. When Mya realise that the Police will not help decided to investigate herself. However, this action caused Mya to collied with Detective Luca Patterson investigation into jewellery thefts in nursing homes. The readers of Inheriting Fear will continue to follow Chef Mya Jensen and Detective Luca Pa ...more
Jonel
Mar 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Vaile writes in a very entrancing manner. I found myself pulled into the story from the moment I met the main character. The sense of foreboding emanating from the pages sent a chill down my spine. The plot is intricately thought out, minute details blending with the overarching story to create a suspenseful whole. I was attempting to unravel the mystery just as much as the characters were.

The characters in this novel were quite well developed. The intricacy of Vaile’s writing is very prevalent
Helene Young
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Inheriting Fear is a rollicking good tale with a sassy heroine who’s in need of love, but definitely doesn’t need rescuing. I’ve always be partial to self-sufficient women, capable of looking after themselves and those around them. Mya is an admirable heroine who doesn’t give her trust easily. The delectable hero, Luca, is going to have to work hard if he’s going to earn her approval and along the way he has to decide whose side Mya’s really on. It makes for a compelling conflict between the two ...more
Paige (TheBookVulture)
There were quite a few inconsistencies in this book, a lot of the time it was like a really twisted game of Chinese whispers. For example, As far as I can remember Mya didn't tell Luca her last name, and then somehow he miraculously knew it so he could run a background check on her.

I never really liked Luca. He was apparently still hung up on his wife, who had died 7 years prior. But he ogled every woman that he saw. Seriously. He was thinking all tits and racks, and then oooh but my wife is dea
J Wrin
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mya Jensen ran away from her traumatic past to set up a new life for herself and her invalid mother. Having an abusive father has led her to distrust all men and to keep her life private. She has picked up kick-boxing skills along the way and is more than capable of looking after herself. And then things turn funky...
Despite her predisposition, she is attracted to her newest neighbour, detective Luca Patterson. But soon her past catches up with her as threatening letters appear from nowhere. Tro
Leesa Bow
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mya is the strong heroine I like to read about in books. Sandy's writing is wonderful and she has you hooked from the beginning. I love the relationship between Mya and Luca all while keeping the suspense in the story tight. I also enjoyed the South Australian settings. A great book and I look forward to reading more from Sandy Vaile.
Tanya Hommema
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book. Well developed characters and great story line. Very enjoyable to read, making it difficult to put down once you start. Hope it will lead to a sequel because I loved the characters and story line. Well done Sandy Vaile, I look forward to your next publication!
Carla Caruso
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Feisty heroine, swoon-worthy hero, oodles of suspense... what more could you ask for?
Jes Logan
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed Inheriting Fear and I loved the twist towards the end. I most enjoyed a heroine that wasn't spoiled and pampered - loved her independence and unwavering trust in her instinct. Great read.
Jeannie May
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book! Right from the start it kept me intrigued and absorbed...couldn't put it down! Loved the characters, the drama, suspense and the romance! Looking forward to the next book from Sandy Vaile!
Kathryn
Aug 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Edit 4/9/16: The original review was posted from my phone and for some reason several lines of text disappeared, along with a bright shiny star.

This is a thoroughly enjoyable romantic suspense novel from an Adelaide writer. The novel has been reviewed well on Amazon and Goodreads and it is not difficult to see why. The author delivers a number of clever twists and turns and exciting characters.

Highly recommended.

A longer review appears on my blog, Kathryn's Inbox.
Brendan le Grange
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
A story with a bit of something for everyone - some mystery, some thriller, and some romance - set in a nicely different location. The characters are well sketched and interesting, albeit a little exagerrated in their relative strengths and weaknesses and the plot moves at a decent clip.
InD'tale Magazine
This romantic suspense is deftly written, the plot and pace of the story are a delightful fast pace with no dull moments to be had.

Read full review in the 2015 July/August issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Tessa
McPhaul M.
Oct 30, 2018
Clare Salt
May 11, 2016
I'm a motorbike-riding daredevil who isn’t content with a story unless there’s a courageous heroine and a dead body. Naturally, I'm a voracious reader who loves speed and adventure.

Home is amongst the vineyards in South Australia with my family and a rambunctious Hungarian Vizsla dog. I'm a part-time quality coordinator (read list making word nerd) and in my spare time I enjoy motorbike riding, c