Start by marking “Crushed” as Want to Read:
Crushed

Crushed

3.2  ·  Rating details ·  110 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Once the star of his high school basketball team, Nathan Gayle has played the field for years. Now in his twenties, he's getting tired of one night stands and heated hook-ups with strangers; he wants something more. Was that asking too much? Wes Roberts has had a fierce crush on Nathan since high school. A chance encounter at prom created a memory Wes still cherishes, one ...more
Published November 7th 2007 by Amber Quill Press, LLC (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Crushed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crushed

Silkeeeeee
This did absolutely nothing for me. I didn't like the way the story played out at all. I'm not one of those who gives a book a bad rating because there is cheating so no, it's not because of that. There just weren't any good qualities about any of the characters, even the one that was supposed to be sweet and victim-like. There seems to be an epidemic of no chemistry going around and this book caught it. Sorry. I was really wanting to like it.
Elisa Rolle
Wes has a crush on Nathan since high school. Too shy to make a move on him he has spent years lusting after the guy, seeing him fools around with other guys. Then the very last night of high school, the prom night, he has the chance to spend one night in the parking lot of the school, making out with his dream. Kisses and caresses, but nothing more and then Wes goes to college and have never seen again Nathan.

Years after Nathan is a clerkman who has grown tired of party and one stand night relat
Sara Long
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This may be an older book, but I’m thankful I happened across it. To be truthful, too, after reflecting on some of the reviews, I can’t fathom how someone couldn’t – or wouldn’t – rate this book five stars: it’s one of the best written books I’ve read this year. The storyline was entrenching, and it was refreshing to read about one’s struggle to end a negative relationship – something plausible – instead of contrived angst or petty problems. Author J.M. Snyder did a masterful job of characterizi ...more
Dana
Jan 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I got this book for free through Goodreads First Reads Giveaways.

This was a pretty good book. Definitely fluff with a little side of serious. I liked it. The author dealt with an important issue (emotional abuse) without weighing down the overall happy tone of the book. Nathan and Wes were really sweet together. I loved the plot of them meeting after knowing one another in high school. I also enjoyed how the author made Wes resolve his "issue." I won't spoil you but I am impressed by his emotio
Lexi Ander
Jul 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella
Hrtnsoul28
Oct 01, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
It took forever to finish this. I was bored through the whole thing. I kept finding things to do instead of reading it.
There were many things that could have made it a great book. It was a nice idea to get a couple together after a brief interlude in high school. So many ways to get them together and end the Roger issue.
Just not enough in the book to add up to be good. It was like a puzzle with half the pieces missing.
Amneris Cesare
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
You know, I read this book yesterday and today, when I came to write my review I couldn't remember the story I read. Not the caracters, not the situation and environment, nothing. That speaks volumes about how much I liked this book.
Found it average writing, average story not really enticing nor interesting.
Sorry.
Kim
Apr 10, 2013 rated it liked it
I gave Crushed three stars not for the relationship between Wes and Nathan but because of the relationship between Wes and Roger. I haven't read many m/m books that deal with domestic abuse and it was interesting to read about the physical and mental abuse Wes suffered in his relationship with Roger. Roger's ability to drive Wes into such a panic was downright uncomfortable to read.
Elaine
Sep 16, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good story, I liked the characters. I got loss in some places, but a good story.
J.M.
Sep 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books, keepers, glbt
This is my book so I'm not going to write a review.
Nerine Petros
Jan 16, 2010
Amanda
Jan 23, 2009
Maygirl7
rated it did not like it
Nov 22, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • An Officer and His Gentleman
  • Without Sin
  • Calvin's Cowboy (Calvin's Cowboy #1)
  • Mute Witness
  • Picture Perfect (Lost Boys and Love Letters, #2)
  • A Deadly Game (A Nick Fallon Investigation, #1)
  • Seeking Something Wicked (Utopia X, #2)
  • Sins of Affection (Creatures of Sin, #3)
  • Winter Love (Satyr, #6)
  • Switch
  • Best Gay Romance 2008
  • Oscar's Soul
  • Where I Am Now
  • In Bear Country
  • Jump First
  • Ordinary Champions (Masks #3)
  • The Sound of Your Voice
  • Just Friends
An author of gay erotic/romantic fiction, J.M. Snyder began in self-publishing and worked with Amber Allure, Aspen Mountain, eXcessica, and Torquere Presses.

Snyder's highly erotic short gay fiction has been published online at Amazon Shorts, Eros Monthly, Ruthie's Club, and Tit-Elation, as well as in anthologies by Alyson Books, Aspen Mountain, Cleis Press, eXcessica Publishing, Lethe Press, and R
More about J.M. Snyder...