Start by marking “Finding Audrey” as Want to Read:
Finding Audrey

Finding Audrey

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  61,429 ratings  ·  8,507 reviews
Audrey can't leave the house. she can't even take off her dark glasses inside the house.

Then her brother's friend Linus stumbles into her life. With his friendly, orange-slice smile and his funny notes, he starts to entice Audrey out again - well, Starbucks is a start. And with Linus at her side, Audrey feels like she can do the things she'd thought were too sc
Published June 9th 2015 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Finding Audrey, please sign up.
Emily May Hi Emily - I know exactly what you mean and I HATE those kind of books (and there's been so many lately!) but I was relieved to find that it wasn't…moreHi Emily - I know exactly what you mean and I HATE those kind of books (and there's been so many lately!) but I was relieved to find that it wasn't the case here. Linus provides support for Audrey, but it takes a lot of effort on her part, the input of her family, and seeing her therapist for her to start getting better. Even by the end of the book, she hasn't made a miraculous recovery and she acknowledges that getting better will be full of ups and downs, as all life generally is.(less)
Shaya
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  61,429 ratings  ·  8,507 reviews

Start your review of Finding Audrey
Emily May
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sophie Kinsella used to be such a guilty pleasure author for me. I haven't read one of her books in years but I always enjoyed reading about the hilarious, ridiculous and unfortunate situations her shopaholic protagonist found herself in.

Finding Audrey, though, could be Kinsella's strongest work to date. It's funny, sweet, heartwarming but also - I felt - an honest
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
THIS WAS SUCH A GOOD BOOK. I appreciated the fact that it was a light hearted book that still dealt with a serious topic like mental illness and did it in a respectful way! BLESS YOU SOPHIE KINSELLA.
C.G. Drews
*** EDIT**** If you don't agree with my opinions on this review, you don't have to comment and tell me I'm wrong. JUST SAYIN'. My opinion isn't going to change.

I want to be very clear about something, though: I didn't finish this book because of ME. It's a book that makes me uncomfortable and unhappy. But that's just me. It's totally a case of "it's you, not me." So YEAH. I don't believe in reading books that make me awfully unhappy. I DNF'd this at 100-pages.

This is a book about soci/>This
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
Update: I reviewed/finished this a few days ago after having read it all in one day but as I sit here and plan the review and think about it more I realize it's not a 3 star read, but more of a 2 star read for me so I have lowered my rating accordingly.

***
This was okay. I found it didn't really get going for a while and that sometimes the focus was more so on the brother than on Audrey. But overall the writing was good, the characters were alright, so it was just an average rea
Emma Giordano
I did enjoy my time with this book, but I feel I did not enjoy it as much as my peers. I have had Finding Audrey on my radar for an immensely long time due to it being one of the only YA books I've found to deal with social anxiety, specifically, and while I was pleased with the mental health rep, I found the majority of the rest of the book to be lacking.

The glowing element of this story is absolutely the representation for social anxiety. Audrey is diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder
Lola
Sophie Kinsella did it again.

Earlier this week, I read and disliked ELIZA AND HER MONSTERS. I thought it was because the main character was lethargic, which was mostly due to her social anxiety, but so is Audrey. She’s an observer also—very calm, stays inside, interacts little—and I loved the hell out of her voice.

Something bad happened to Audrey at her last school, so now she wanders around the house aimlessly. Her doctor tells her to make a video documenting her life, family, recovery, which help
Natalie Monroe

"Life is all about climbing up, slipping down, and picking yourself up again. And it doesn't matter if you slip down. As long as you're kind of heading more or less upwards. That's all you can hope for. More or less upward."

Sophie Kinsella is on my auto-buy list. Her books are like literary sunshine. They're sweet, heartwarming, and never fail to coax a laugh out of me.

Finding Audrey is no exception—with a twist.

The critical readerstars
Lindsey Rey
Sophie Kinsella does it again! If you want a great mental health book, THIS. IS. IT. So therapy and medication positive, along with being positive in general, I love it!
Ryan
"The trouble is, depression doesn't come with handy symptoms like spots and a temperature, so you don't realize it at first. You keep saying "I'm fine" to people when you're not fine. You think you should be fine. You keep saying to yourself: "Why aren't I fine?"

This is going to be one long-ass review, everyone.

Let me just preface this by saying one reason why I love this book so much is because of how personal the topic is to me. Some of this review will be a ramble-y description of my experiences with anxiety
emma
this was, like, the weirdest ever.

who knew that sophie kinsella would write YA? who knew that sophie kinsella would write YA, and then it would follow a 14-year-old girl suffering from immense social anxiety?

one thing we did know, though, is that if sophie kinsella were to write a YA contemporary it would, of course, have a massive romance. that goes without saying.

i liked the mental health rep in this a lot. it was everything else that was kind of meh for me.
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Mar 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Ricah (vamptimesurfer)

Adorable alert! And I’m not even talking about the romance because although there may be a little romance, it’s not really romance-romance. It’s still more about friendship. You’ll understand what I mean (although I still would have better appreciated it had the main characters been a bit older) when you read the book.

The novel made me laugh so much from the first page till the very end. I enjoyed everything about it which is a wonderful surprise because this is a story about a gir
Whitney Atkinson
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Dec 03, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Watch my video review or read on for the written review :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mD7V...
Thank you so much to Doubleday Children's for sending me this book!
I have a lot of mixed feelings about this book! At first I was so excited for it because it sounded perfect for me because when I was Audrey's age, I had actually gone through something freakishly similar to her in this book! But then again, I had issues with it that I was hoping wouldn't arise but unfortunately I couldn't ignore.
I'll start off by saying that a lot o
Kat Kennedy
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story is about Audrey who suffers from Social Anxiety Disorder. Audrey is convalescing at home after a particularly bad episode brought on by some bullying at school when Linus enters her life and helps to drag her out of her cage.

At least, that’s what the blurb would have you think. But the truth is it’s Audrey, her doctor and a bit of prodding from Linus that really sees Audrey on the path to recovery – and for someone who keeps dark glasses on and can’t stand to speak to anyon
Grace (BURTSBOOKS)
This is the worst book I’ve ever read.

Okay, objectively I know that I’ve read much worse books. The writing and plot of this book are not the worst I’ve ever read and it’s readable unlike some other books I’ve read but I didn’t hate those as much as I hate this. I hate this book. And yes, I know hate is a strong word and I shouldn’t waste my energy on hating a book when that energy could go to reading books that I will end up loving but this book hurt me. This book offended me so deeply and the
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

Okay, first : I love Kinsella's works (thought it was important to say write). Now, her books are the first ones I read in English, so, you know, I might need to reread them some day (I mean duh. I'm not a language snowflake). Anyway : Kinsella? She gets my humor. I mean not me me, but you get it right? Her books make me laugh. They're refreshing. Like candies. Okay, maybe not like candies - Well, let's say that they put me in the Kinsella bubble.

What is it? Just look, it's just like life, but it's fun :

Because what I
Chantal  (Every Word A Doorway)
There are two things I think we can all agree on when it comes to books dealing with mental health:
1) We want more of them because it is such an important issue and isn’t talked about enough
2) Mental health books will ALWAYS be polarizing

There are two reasons for the second point:
a) A book deals with the heavy issue in a very serious manner and appears to be quite “dark”
b) The author decides to take a more humorous approach and pairs a heavy topic such as ment
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3,5-4 STARS

What a sweet, funny and fast paced story! I loved the Shopaholic series,even thought I have read only the first three books I enjoyed all of them and I was excited to see a new book from her which was so different This is a young adult book where she covers sensitive subjects such as anxiety disorder, addiction with computers and bullying.

This story is about Audrey,a fifteen year old girl suffering from anxiety disorder after an experience of school bullying that has led her to going to therapy. Now
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Penguin Random House UK Children’s and NetGalley.)

“To put you out of your misery, here’s the full diagnosis. Social Anxiety Disorder, General Anxiety Disorder and Depressive Episodes. Episodes. Like depression is a sitcom with a fun punchline.”

This was a cute story a girl suffering from an anxiety disorder, and her crazy mother!

I liked Audrey in this story and I felt really sorry for her. What she had been through had obviously beNetGalley.)
emily
Jul 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i'm physically crying because i loved this so much. will 100% have a full review up soon
Mackenzi
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my heart my heart my heart.

This book. My heart.
maram ☂︎
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"But what I've learned is not to fight my lizard brain, but kind of tolerate it. Listen to it and then say, 'Yeah, whatever.' Just like you tolerate a four-year-old."

This is only my second novel from Sophie Kinsella. I read I've Got Your Number about 3 summers ago and I absolutely loved it!
Finding Audrey is a much shorter contemporary read that's super cute and has the ability to lift your mood. The writing is simple yet it also has a charm appeal to it as I found myself occasionally smiling.
This novel not only centers around Audrey bu/>Finding
Irena
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4,5 stars!

Once again, Sophie Kinsella reminded me why am I still so in love with reading books.
If you didn't know, Kinsella is the one who got me into reading in the first place. With her Shopaholic series she showed me reading can be fun and now, years after reading her first book, I still enjoy spending my free time with a good book in my hands (or on my Kindle).

When I first heard she was about to publish a novel in my favorite genre, I just knew I had to read it immediate
Christina
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars!

"We're just looking and looking at each other. And I can feel something new between us, something even more intimate than anything we've ever done. Eye to eye. It's the most powerful connection in the world."

This book just reminds me about how much I love Sophie Kinsella's standalone novel's. This book is about a 14 year old girl named Audrey, who after an unpleasant incident, develops an anxiety disorder. She's stopped going to her school, rarely leaves her house and wears dark gla/>
Harley
Nov 15, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-and-1-5-stars
1 Star.

This is one of those books that I wish I could erase from my mind.

The only positive from this book is the anxiety representation which was completely ruined as the book continued by the way.

Firstly, the characters were majorly unoriginal and annoying. Audrey's brother Frank was a 'nerdy' teenager whose love was video games, their mum was unnecessarily dramatic and did my head in, their dad was practically non-existent and Linus, oh my, he was the worst. They all got on my nerv
Juhina
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a fun book! I honestly didn't expect any less from Sophie Kinsella but I was a bit hesitant because of two reasons, one being that this is her first try at writing middle grade books, and another being that I never really enjoy middle grade books. The first reason is that I really hoped Kinsella's humor will translate through such a young protagonist (and oh boy, did it ever!) and the other is that I often find MG characters too immature for my taste, but Kinsella's magic did it ag ...more
Daniella
Feb 12, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So this book gives you two main subjects. Anxiety and Video Games. Audrey had anxiety. And her brother Frank (and his friend Linus) were addicted to this one video game. Let me start out by saying that these two concepts are initially extremely well researched. Some of the anxiety lines made me tear up out of accuracy, and Frank's video game obsession mirrored how actual hardcore gamers are. So good on Kinsella right?
Now what I thought this was going to be was a marriage between the two, b
Shannon (leaninglights)
Actual Rating 4.25 stars

I loved this story :) It was just a small snippet into the life of Audrey at a time after some serious drama went down. We find her in a place of isolation and hurt. What Sophie Kinsella is able to do in this charming story is tell a real story about a girl who experiences something all too real, which causes major fallout in her life. But the way Kinsella writes it is the selling point for me.

This story could VERY quickly fall into a depressed and
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a CUTE story! I loved Audrey and her crazy family! Although this book deals with the serious topic of mental ilness, there were also so many laugh out loud moments which I really appreciated. I definitely will be picking up another Sophie Kinsella book in the near future!

• All the Bright Places
  • ستيفن كينج – كتابة ورعب وأشياء أخرى
  • Holding Up the Universe
  • The Sun Is Also a Star
  • كليوباترا: المرأة والملكة والمغوية والمنتحرة
  • P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2)
  • هذه الزرقة البراقة
  • Eliza and Her Monsters
  • Everything, Everything
  • The Upside of Unrequited
  • Fangirl
  • Five Feet Apart
  • A Very Large Expanse of Sea
  • Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3)
  • Tell Me Three Things
  • Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood, #2)
  • One of Us Is Lying (One of Us is Lying, #1)
  • To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)
Sophie Kinsella has sold over 40 million copies of her books in more than 60 countries, and she has been translated into over 40 languages.

Sophie Kinsella first hit the UK bestseller lists in September 2000 with her first novel in the Shopaholic series – The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic (also published as Confessions of a Shopaholic). The book’s heroine, Becky Bloomwood – a fun an
“I think what I’ve realized is, life is all about climbing up, slipping down, and picking yourself up again. And it doesn’t matter if you slip down. As long as you’re kind of heading more or less upwards. That’s all you can hope for. More or less upwards.” 202 likes
“The trouble is, depression doesn't come with handy symptoms like spots and a temperature, so you don't realize it at first. You keep saying 'I'm fine' to people when you're not fine. You think you should be fine. You keep saying to yourself: 'Why aren't I fine?” 142 likes