Start by marking “A Healing Man (Men of Manhattan, #5)” as Want to Read:
A Healing Man (Men of Manhattan, #5)

A Healing Man

(Men of Manhattan #5)

Dario Ramos thought he’d left the fighting behind in the war zone when a life-threatening injury sent him home. But a certain Irishman crossing his path everywhere he went convinced him that his biggest battle might be ahead. Tiernan Callahan is a bigoted jerk. Ramos finds himself constantly in the man’s orbit, even in a city as big as New York. The wounded warrior knows a ...more
Published January 21st 2015 by Wilde City

To ask other readers questions about A Healing Man, please sign up.
Sandrine Wilde will send it over to Amazon about a week after it's published there. Hope that helps!

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~

This book was hilarious and exactly what I wanted: sweet, romantic fluff with a heavy dose of smex. DELICIOUS.

“Just tell me one thing. Is he exaggerating about his dick?”

I rubbed my jaw and then stretched my mouth wide open, rubbing my chin. “Damn, I’m sore.”

“Oh, fuck off!”

I’ve liked every book in this series, but this one might be my favorite.

I dig the enemies-to-lovers trope, and Dario Ramos and Tiernan Callahan are the ultimate I-hate-you-so-much-I want-to-fuck-you couple. Sin
.Lili.
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
 photo imagejpg1_zpsbd583520.jpg

This book-

I loved everything about it! It had it all.

-Humor ✔
-Endearing moments. There's a passage in the book I really want to post but I won't because I think it's important to experience while reading the book- it was so touching and sweet. ✔
-Sexy times ✔
-AWESOME characters ✔
-Character growth ✔
-Great story flow ✔
-Low angst ✔
-Feel good ✔

There's nothing I would change about this story. Loved it to bits. 5 Stars!
Now I'll impatiently wait for Michael & Ryan's and Danny & Bobby's books. ♥
Denise H.
*** Neither Ramos, wounded warrior who lost his lower leg,

nor Tiernan, a cop/hockey player,

has been with a man, but they "get" each other, and they are interested in discovering more. (almost Double GFY, they've each imagined). Teirnan's Irish blood gave him deeply red hair and a desire to protect and serve. After his brother, Mason, died overseas, they learned he had been in love with Casper and gay.
Now four years have past and Casper and Slater are together. Slater served with Ramos, whose
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
I totally loved the hell outta this book. I want more! I want Danny's story and maybe Michaels? I loved Ramos mama.
Gigi
This ended up being a really nice sweet, hot book. Recommended, and check out the shelves I put it on! Cops and military and healing/comfort. Warm and fuzzy too!

On to #6!
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.25 Stars***

I think I have a new favorite in this series!

I may not have gotten as much of the enemies to lovers as I wanted, but you know what....

Tiernan Callahan, who we first met in A Fighting Man, is the NYPD homophobic brother of Casper's deceased fiance. In this book we discover that he's not actually homophobic at all, but a man struggling with betrayal, confusion and grief. He's dealing with a lot of misplaced anger regarding his brother's death and the deep pain he feels that his br
Arch Bala
"I'm an asshole. I'm bi and I was a complete and utter jerk to Casper. My brother was too afraid to tell me who he really was and now I'll never get to tell him that I wouldn't have cared. I loved him no matter what or who he was."

Wow. Who would’ve thought that a “hated*” character from this series would be able to redeem himself 360 degrees and be one of the most adorable and charming characters ever to come out from said series!?! I didn’t think it’s possible to like the bigoted Tiernan Callah
Victoria  love books
Overall book rating: 4 Stars
Audio book: n/a
Book cover: 3.8
MC1: Dario Ramos
MC2: Tiernan Callahan

I was just bitching about the characters to my bestie the other day. I was like " How in the fucking hell must I like this bigot ashat after what he did to Casper?"

And then:

description

I really enjoyed this book it was funny, sweet and full of awesomeness. I had a soft spot for Dario Ramos and I was so scared this book was going to be mess, but well done I loved it so much.
Adrianamae
These books are like crack, completely addictive.

They are fun and sexy. The characters and dialogue are wonderful, so they are the type of uncomplicated stories to be filed as comfort rereads.

And now I can't wait for Danny's story. Bring it on!
~Kristin~
Dec 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.25 Stars
My Favorite of the series!
Wendy
I really enjoyed this short and sexy little number ;)

I was a bit worried because I haven't read any of the other books....and for some reason I just cant help myself and just jump into to the ones I want to read first (I always do this).

But no worries because after reading a shit ton of reviews I knew what all the other books were about and I had no problems following the storyline ;)

This is a "gay for you"...but both men have been attracted to other men before.....so it also wasn't (hope you ar
T.M. Smith
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Tiernan Callahan comes from a long line of New York’s finest, with family members that have carried both guns and hoses. Tiernan became a cop while his brother Michael became a fireman, and the baby of the family Mason, joined the military in an effort to separate himself from his commanding older brothers. Tiernan’s downward spiral started with the death of his little brother in the line of duty, and was only compounded when his family learned that Mason was gay.

Tiernan has made one bad decisio
Duck
This is definitely the best book of the series so far. It's a fun read that drew me in and had me smiling. I liked Dario and Tiernan together and I feel there is a good balance between the sex scenes and the sweet relationship building scenes.

I'm excited about the new characters introduced in this novel, and it was good to see Casper and Slater still going strong.

I know this is the fictional world of romance but there is one thing about this series that niggles at me a bit. It's just not reali
Makhda
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
My goodness.. I waited until up to 40% just for that first kiss. And I keep calling Ramos as Sgt. Asshole.
But eventually I loved him. Ramos and Tiernan.. *sigh* It's almost Double GFY. Almost! And I loved Ramos mama. She's adorable.

You know what? When the book mentioned about girlfriend of Ramos, I thought for sure I'm gonna see some M/F sex scene in here. Maybe a foreplay. But there's no review about that. So I keep going. And thank god, there's nothing in it. This book ended with HFN, IMO.

And
Taya
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have major issues with the last two books in the series. I was hesitant to read the latest in the series. But I couldn't resist reading Ramos's book. This author is at the "I wish I could quit you" stage with me. Things became too repetitive and fairytale -like. I didn't like how the "good" guys " dealt with the perceived "villains" in the current and past stories. I'm mentioning this because it stated multiple times throughout the book.

Overall I love the book. It was funny and pace in which
Fani *loves angst*
Yep, really enjoyed this one. I can't wait for the next books to come out!
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-challenge
I love this author and these books! I can't wait to see what's next for Michael and even Ryan!
Marcos
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5
Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮
Tiernan Callahan + Dario Ramos

Bacon Lube? I'm already hungry! LOL

REVIEW @Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words

A Healing Man is the fifth book in the Men of Manhattan series by Sandrine Gasq-Dion and so far my favourite. It was sweet funny and sexy. I loved every single word. It’s a beautiful story about loss.

Tiernan is a cop in the NYPD, he lost his brother in war four years ago. Mason was in the closet and when he died Tiernan discovered he was gay and engaged to Casper. He feels betrayed by Mason
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, ebook, m-m, romance
Not all scars are visible. Tiernan Callahan knows that better than most. He lost his baby brother to war. His death let the entire Callahan family know they had lost him before he ever left this country. Mason never told any of his family about his fiance thus his sexuality. Tiernan is having to deal with the anger over the secrets and lack of trust alone. He is angry and has no one to take out his frustrations on but the people around him. This makes him a pain to work with and an ass in genera ...more
JR
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: romantics
Tiernan Callahan is a New York cop, who's devastated by his youngest brother's death. To complicate his feelings, his brother kept his sexuality secret, revealed only at his graveside service.

Dario Ramos came back from war a wounded warrior. He lost a leg, and himself in the bottle till he got his act together. Tiernan and Dario seem to cross paths more times than either likes with antagonizing effects for both men.

This is a an enemy to lovers story which I enjoyed a lot. It moved very quick
Elizabeth
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ok so this was by far my favorite in the series. It was funny and sexy and seemingly the most believable of all of them next to the 1st one. The MC's are hot and sexy and they combust together. Its sweet and gushy but sexy at the same time. Loved some of the backstory character too. Danny needs his own book maybe even Ryan, and Michael. I think there is some unresolved stuff there. What do you say Sandy a couple more books for this series?
Sanaa Z.
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, lol-hilarious, 2017
4.5 stars!

So good!!!! Out of all the books in the series this had the best humor. I absolutely loved everything about this book.

Full review to come!
Candice
Here's the deal with this one. If I didn't know Tiernan before this book I would have rated it a 4, but since I know what he did and everything in my eyes this is really a 2. I'll compromise with myself and leave it at a 3.

I really liked Dario Ramos. He is who he is and doesn't care. I loved his mom, too. PFLAG :) HA!

Now, let me get to Tiernan. (view spoiler)
Jewel
I really enjoyed A Healing Man. Tiernan really redeems himself and proves to be a good guy who has just been angry at the world since his little brother Mason was killed in action without having told his brothers that he was gay. Tiernan has especially been a prick to Casper, who was Mason's fiance. In A Healing Man, Tiernan is partnered with Danny, a gay cop who is supposed to help Tiernan see the error of his asshole ways. I liked Danny, quite a lot.

Ramos has been on the mend, too. He is 5 yea
Stephanie
Feb 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish, 2015
DNF @ 35%. I have finally come to the conclusion that author's writing is not for me......20 instances of "winking".....grown men acting like 12 y/o adolescent boys with their name calling/antics which I found not funny, if that was the intended purpose of it. Unrealistic portrayal of police officers and police procedures, which kept pulling me out of the story. I just found it awful all around.
BWT (Belen)
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This series just hits the buttons in my happy place, you know? Sweet over the top romance with humor and not too much angst.

This one's another winner. I can't wait for the next stories...I hope one is Danny and Bobby and another is Michael and Ryan. *fingers crossed*
Marion
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5stars!!
Loved it, loved it loved it!!! Love this series, love all the characters, and Dario and Tiernan's story is my favorite so far!
Now I'm impatiently waiting for Michael and Ryan's story...
Claude
Nov 03, 2016 rated it liked it
I really love it! That was short, but these are just made for each other. They are beautiful together! Ennemies to lovers :) And that's GFY ;)
  • Hold The Line (Inked #1)
  • Gathering Storm (Firsts and Forever, #4)
  • The Trouble With Tony (Sex in Seattle, #1)
  • Special Forces - Veterans (Special Forces, #3)
  • Grey's Hidden Fire (Firehouse Six, #1)
  • Waves Break My Fall
  • The Border
  • Lost Won (Liaisons #3)
  • A Fortunate Blizzard
  • A Little Bit Country
  • A Little Too Broken
  • Compromised
  • Unquiet (Resilient Love #3)
  • Not My Spook! (Spy vs. Spook, #2)
  • A Rookie Move
  • Tequila Mockingbird (Sinners #3)
  • Diversion (Diversion, #1)
I have been blessed in this life to not only have parents that support me, but kids that do as well. I grew up in a loving but "Old School" French household. My parents worked for the airlines (TWA) so I was able to see a lot of Europe as a kid. I moved to Seattle Washington at the age of 22 and stayed there for twelve years before moving to Alaska for a little over two. Fairbanks, AK was one hell ...more

Men of Manhattan (7 books)
  • A Betting Man (Men of Manhattan, #1)
  • A Marrying Man (Men of Manhattan, #2)
  • A Fighting Man (Men of Manhattan, #3)
  • A Working Man (Men of Manhattan, #4)
  • A Selfless Man (Men of Manhattan, #6)
  • An Honorable Man (Men of Manhattan, #7)