Start by marking “Eden Undone” as Want to Read:
Eden Undone

Eden Undone

How do you get from paradise to murder in a single generation?

If Genesis were literal... then... what would have happened if Eve had said no? That simple question leads to a magnificent parable of sin and grace, loss and joy, hope and redemption.

When Eve rejects the serpent’s temptation, all of creation breathes a sigh of relief, until another is asked the same question.
Th
Published January 1st 2015 by Instant Apostle

To ask other readers questions about Eden Undone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eden Undone

Start your review of Eden Undone
Sri Nahar
Sep 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
To say that I loved 'Eden Undone' would be an enormous understatement. Anna Lindsay's opus has touched me in a way very few writers have, J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis among them. The former chapters in their portrayal of the relationship of Adam, Eve and the animals with God paint a picture of innocence that humanity has largely lost, and is seen only in the simple trust of mystics and children. Most people who profess belief in God, myself included, see and seek but a shadow of God. The Living ...more
Cassandra Wolf
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like children gone astray Adam and Eve destroyed their connection with God the First Sin. However, if Eve had not disobeyed God, then paradise would have been preserved, if only for a while. Through Eden Undone, Lindsay explores what would have happened if someone else succumbed to evil. Christian themes concerning the importance of honoring God plus the usurping power of His unconditional love foster hope for humanity.

Despite being disobeyed, unappreciated, and disowned, God continues to love H
Sam B
First thing first, I want to thank the author for providing me with a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.

The most important to keep in mind while you read this book is that it is meant to be a work of fiction and not an actually retelling of the book of Genesis.
I really liked the story although I found the first part being a little bit slow. But, as soon as you arrive to the second part it picks up the pace.
It is an interesting story. It's the author's theory as to what if Eve h
Sally
Aug 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015-books-read
The author has captured a very creative view of what it would have been like in the early days of being in the garden of Eden. It was more extensive than I thought than when I began the book and I must admit how I loved the relationship between the animals and humans. Very heartwarming indeed. Thank you for letting me read this interesting book.
Annie
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book for free through goodreads giveaways. I really enjoyed this book. It's such a beautiful, moving, fictional story about the innocence and wonderment at the start of the garden of eden. It was a pleasure to read.
Fiona Lloyd
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love reading fiction that explores the stories behind the Biblical narrative, and I also enjoy books based on a "what if?" premise, so I was instantly drawn to Anna Lindsay's novel. In Eden Undone, Lindsay revisits the creation story as told in the early chapters of Genesis, and asks what would have happened if Eve had refused the apple. She gives a captivating insight into what a close relationship with God could look like if it were untarnished by the Fall. This is then contrasted with later ...more
K. Appah
Jun 05, 2020
Sri Nahar
Sep 20, 2015
Anna
Mar 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Selene
Oct 29, 2015
Katherine M
Feb 28, 2017
Jane
rated it did not like it
Sep 07, 2015