Start by marking “Nick Nelson was Here” as Want to Read:
Nick Nelson was Here

Read Book

Nick Nelson was Here

Nick Nelson is the person you would be happy to see date your sister; a guy who once left a pickup basketball game to carry a struggling stranger's groceries 17 blocks to her home. He wants only one thing from life-to meet a wife and start a family. In contrast, the words "nice guy" and Rick McDermott rarely find their way into the same sentence and Rick is ok with that. H ...more
Published December 23rd 2014 by Micropulous Press

To ask other readers questions about Nick Nelson was Here, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nick Nelson was Here

Mohni
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won a free copy of this book in a First Reads giveaway in exchange for an honest review.

I read this book in two sittings since it was very short and am giving it a four star rating based on its story and the format/grammar.

I give the storyline a five out of five stars. Having a complete nice guy befriend his exact opposite to go on a road trip to search from the one that got away was hilarious. On more than one occasion I laughed out loud and enjoyed the book. Rick was probably my favorite ch
Anne Martin
Jun 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: goodreads-arc
This little book is fun and sometimes really cute. A couple of observations first: Nick is not such a nice guy as a well-educated one. He behaves properly, he is not mean, but he does not do anything great to give him a moral medal. Rick is not much worse than him, just a bit more cynical, but he is sort of a nice guy too, one who knows how to navigate through the system.
I was bothered by some comments about women, officially made by Rick, too coarse to exactly reflect the author's thoughts, but
Kevin
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book hit all the right notes for me - ideal reading on a warm but grey summer day.

Nick and Rick are two superficially different characters despite the similar forenames (which can cause some confusion). Nick is a classic gentleman, Rick is a typical Jack the lad. Both are extremely easy to like though - they're realistic and familiar, a breeze to relate to.

Rick take's the lead and they head off for adventure and to get the girl. It's an easy, well paced, read, the chapters fly by. It doesn'
Aysel Capinoglu
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible story, Matt Micros really pulled out all the stops here. I love the characterization of Nick Nelson, he is the nice-guy everyone loves, and every girl hopes of marrying, which is great because Nick Nelson wants nothing more than to find the perfect girl and settle down. Now I love how the author contrasts Nick Nelson's character with that of Rick McDermott, who is the ultimate womanizer. So what happens when these two strangers become friends? Of course they go on a cross coun ...more
Chelsea
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
"I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads".

Nick and Rick couldn't be more different. Nick is the classic example of a true gentleman, while Rick is an ultimate ladies man. With Rick taking the lead they decide to set out on a quest to find "the one that got away". Both these characters are extremely familiar and relatable. They are realistic in nature and easy to root for, which is sometimes hard to find in characters. Well written and well thought out.

The overall story took
Dwayne Wojtowicz
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Matt Micros took a love story and turned it into a romantic comedy.

"Nick Nelson Was Here" is a definite must read. A romantic comedy that will leave you asking for more. A page turner every second of the story, you will not be able to find a place to stop reading.

Nick Nelson, one of the last of the "good guys," is looking for the right woman to marry. He meets up with Rick McDermott, an ad guy, who takes Nick on the adventure of his life, looking for the one that Nick thought was the one.

The cha
Raluca Sandu
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: firstreads
A light-hearted novel that made me laugh and smile (Both the cheeky smile and the "awwww" smile)

The story didn't seem very realistic to me (I usually like stories to sound realistic), but it didn't bother me at all.

The small note of the author at the end makes the book more personal, I think it was a very good idea.

*I received this book via Goodreads in exchange for an honest opinion. Thanks!!*
Jackie Rogers
Jun 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
The books iam receiving from Goodreads gets better and better. Nick Nelson was Here is another romance with lots of humor.Nick is truly a nice guy. He meets his opposite in Rick McDermott. True contrast. Rick wants to find Nick a long lost love as Nick wants marriage and children. Thus begins a road trip with the two of them seeking old romance for Nick. Is funny as I laughed out loud at Rick's antics. Is a fast read and well worth your time. Will read this author again.
Marion
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book through a Goodreads First Read competition.

I enjoyed the story of Nick Nelson and his journey across America. It's lighthearted and an easy read (a slim book, too). The narrative itself is a bit far fetched but still interesting enough to hold the reader's attention. Cleverly the author refers to a book in the book which was written by himself and so makes one want to read even more by him.

An ideal read for the beach or commuting.
Tony
Jul 08, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this feel-good love story. The writing is simple, the book is short (akin to a novella, the characters are engaging. The plot is straightforward and somewhat predictable but developed quickly and told with humour. Overall, I felt this was written as a story for a film.
Carolyn
Oct 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
A fun and quick read. A light-hearted romantic comedy that's also about friendship. Simple and straightforward but engaging. Pick this one up if you're looking for a fast, easy read.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Barbara
Aug 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: I'm not sure
Recommended to Barbara by: Goodreads
Not one of my favorites, but nonetheless an easy quick read. I found the fact that the two major characters being named Nick and Rick caused for some confusion from time to time. The storyline was interesting.
Melanie Wilson
Sep 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Just because it was about an ordinary guy.

I received this book through a Goodreads Giveaway
Eddy Bryant
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this from goodreads first reads. Glad I did. This is an easy and entertaining read. It's a short book so it's easy to get through in just a few sittings. Very well written.
Phyllis Eledge
Aug 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book - ought to be made into a movie!
Candice
Jan 02, 2019
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Jun 02, 2015
Matt Micros
Aug 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Connie
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
FTC Disclosure: I received this book free from Goodreads hoping I would review it.
Kaveh
Rhonda
Kathy Heare Watts
Nick
  • If Something Should Happen: How to Organize Your Financial and Legal Affairs
  • Access to Asia: Your Multicultural Guide to Building Trust, Inspiring Respect, and Creating Long-Lasting Business Relationships
  • Rumi's Little Book of the Heart
  • Heaven Hears: The True Story of What Happened When Pat Boone Asked the World to Pray for His Grandson's Survival
  • Last Call for Caviar
  • Mistaken: First Impressions Are Never What They Seem
  • Leon Chameleon P.I. and the Case of the Kidnapped Mouse
  • Change My Mind (Kemmons Brothers Baseball, #2)
  • Black Monday (Stan Turner, #6)
  • Should I Go to Grad School?: 41 Answers to An Impossible Question
  • Jersey Tough: My Wild Ride from Outlaw Biker to Undercover Cop
  • Just Add Water
  • Jolt: A Rural Noir
  • Long Before Luther: Tracing the Heart of the Gospel From Christ to the Reformation
  • The Thumb Book
  • Letters from Ruby
  • It's Just The Beginning: break up, get up & walk away
  • The Beautiful Scientist: A Spiritual Approach to Science
Matt Micros received a B.A. in American Studies from the University of Notre Dame and his M.S. in Television, Radio and Film from Syracuse’s Newhouse School of Communications, before spending the better part of a decade in Los Angeles working in television production. He followed that with a stint at Creative Artists Agency before returning to the east coast. He currently resides in Stratford, Con ...more
“Nick Nelson was first brandished with the moniker "the last of the nice guys" after leaving a pickup basketball game in 6th grade to help an elderly lady he didn't know, carry her groceries 17 blocks to her house.” 0 likes