Start by marking “Revive (The Revival Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Revive (The Revival Series #1)

Revive

(The Revival #1)

Carrie had a wonderful life, a loving husband and her future all planned out, until a terrible accident changed her life. To hide away from all her pain and loss she pushed everyone away and threw herself into her career. That was until she received some news that would change her life once again.

Can Carrie accept the past and change her future for the better?
Kindle Edition, 1, 150 pages
Published January 30th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Revive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revive

Dianne
When Carrie’s happiness was snuffed out in a split second, she retreated from everyone who loved her, believing that no one could understand her pain and loss. Consumed by her own feelings of survivor’s guilt and a twisted sense of loyalty to her late husband, Carrie was not there to help others who grieved, instead she re-made herself, her world and became a shell of the vibrant woman she once was. Not until she hears the news that her mother is dying, does she return home, on a tight schedule, ...more
Frances Andrews
Dec 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First before u read please bring tissues x I loved this story x heartache on any level hurts but this book brought heartache, love, joy and laughter. It makes u understand that no matter what life throws a at u, u can pull through and be strong.....just timing......love is everything, family, friends and falling in love with yourself and the new. Never forgetting those that u hold close to your heart, there always be there forever x truly inspiring read x I looking forward to next books in the s ...more
Nancy George
This was a heart wrenching story. I could not imagine losing everything like Carrie did. But the way she handled it was so messed up I wanted to smack her. Enter Daniel. This is where the Heart Warming part comes in. He is so sweet but doesnt know why he cant get through to Carrie. Finally when the dust settles on everything there is a HEA.
Isa Jones (Jo&Isalovebooks Blog)
This was indeed a very emotional and touching story.

I don't think anyone can comprehend the ordeal of loosing those who you hold dear, particularly when you think you have it all. We get to see a small glimpse of Carrie's ideal life at the beginning of the story, how things were perfect and everyone was happy. After what we presumed to be an ordeal we are transported to the present day when we see a different Carrie. She is independent and hardworking, News from home reach her and she is faced w
Diane
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*3.5 stars*

Recovering from tragedy is not easy….

How do you recover when your world is torn apart? Carrie has been struggling since an accident did just that. Pulling herself away from everything, and almost everyone she loves, she has focused on her career. Her job is busy, challenging and takes her complete focus. Keeping her head down and not letting any emotions through allows her to focus on the here and now with no time to dwell on what she has already lost. If she doesn’t build new ties, s
Rachel
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Claire Thake is a friend of mine so I was really excited to read her début book Revive.

I found myself getting sucked into the book and before I knew it I had finished it as it was such a well written fast pacing book.

I found Carrie was a strong character, although very stubborn but by getting to know her I got to understand her more, shutting everything and everyone out and being someone else she found it a coping mechanism and it worked right up until she went to Devon sees her family for the f
Maegan Provan
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Two years ago, Carrie lost everything. After a horrific car crash that killed her husband, she disconnected from everything familiar and chose to hide as a recluse away from her family and friends. Except, of course, for her best friend, Leah, with whom she confides in.

Several failed attempts at contact forces her brother, Jason, to show up at her apartment with terrible news. Her mother is dying of cancer. Her last wish is for the family to get together for one final vacation.

This book is fan
Karen Shortridge
I received this for my honest review. The devastation of losing one’s true love, the guilt of surviving the crash that took her husband and unborn child, she is consumed by her own feelings and runs. Carrie has kept her family out of reach for the last two years and buried herself in her work but when her brother appears with bad news she knows she is going to have to face it all. Her mother is dying of cancer, her last wish is for the family to get together for one final vacation. This is where ...more
Clare
Mar 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This novel starts out with a tragedy, and in my opinion it can be difficult for an author to follow this through, but Claire had no issues with that! From the beginning I was hooked and found it difficult to put down. A beautiful and emotional story following Carrie who is rebuilding her life though both loss and love. I found myself crying and smiling in different places and really feeling the emotion that the author is trying to put across. A definite recommended read for anybody who wants a b ...more
Nicole
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't want to give anything away on this amazing book so I'm going to make my review simple and to the point.

Claire did an amazing job at writing this book and I look forward to reading more books by her. The way that she portrays her characters is something that a lot of authors struggle with in the beginning, but I think she nailed it spot on. The reader can really feel the emotions that she wants them to feel as she writes the story out.

I am honored to have gotten to read this book and lo
Shona Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom
Carries life is thrown into turmoil when she loses the love of her life in a car accident. 2 years later we find her hiding from life having shunned everyone who loves her because it brings up too many painful memories.

It's amidst another family tragedy that Carrie finally realises what she has been hiding from and takes steps to mend those broken bridges and in doing so meets someone who turns her life upside down.

Thake has done a great job on her debut novel. She has woven a story filled with
Hayley
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm very particular when it comes to my books & lose interest very quickly if I can't get into a book from the start. But Revive, wow! From the start I loved it! It was one of those 'just one more chapter' novels that I just couldn't put down! I felt a part of the story, the emotions are what kept me gripped and I feel there is so much more the story has to offer! I really can't wait for another in the series, hoping the wait isn't too long!
Emma White
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book has an amazing story line.
Heartache and tears from the begining.
Lost in a life without the love of her life Carrie.. Finds that life is going to be cruel to her once more.
Will fate be something to believe in at the end of the day.
Can't say to much for the story must be read.
I loved every bit of it and cant wait to read more from Claire
Reviewed for Isalovesbooks Blog
K
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

Lord what a beautiful story to come out of something so tragedy. I truly invited this book.cant wait to read more of your books.
Shirley
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this, great storyline.
Iwona
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a good book. It is part of a series. I gave it 3.5 stars because I couldn't connect with the characters. It was written but for me something was missing. This book went by really fast. Carrie had the perfect life and it was ripped out from under her. Years later she is no longer the woman she was. She changed her life so much to try to move on she couldn't recognize herself inside and out, neither could anyone else. When she's forced to go back to former life she realizes some of what's s ...more
Tracy W (Tracy&HelensRomanceBlog)
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!

I became friends with this author and she told me about her books, I decided I definitely wanted to read them for her and find out what there was like....all I can say is WOW!!

Claire honestly has a natural flare for writing, it is written so well, the story from start to finish was unbelievable wonderful, it had me gripped from the very start. All through this book I felt every emotion...the story is heartbreaking but also so lovely.....my heart broke for this poor girl!!
Suziq
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emotionally charged

This book is one that anyone can read. Learning that even another loving and loss it is possible to find love again with family and friends. The author did a great job of showing this. Can’t wait to read next book.
Helen Whitelaw
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely moving story!

You feel every bit of emotion with every word written. You pray right from the beginning that Carrie gets her HEA

This is a story I will remember

Claire Thake what a brilliant story you have given us!
Must read!
Amanda Williams
An okay story but with it's plotholes and grammar mistakes I couldn't give it more than 3 stars. The main character can't stay for her ill mother but yet can stay for a love interest? Really? I tried to get on with this book I really did but I just cannot excuse the main heroine sorry.
katie barrett
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing

Absolutely loved this book. Cant believe it's the 1st book the author wrote. I has hooked from first page and went through a wave off emotions like a roller coaster. Can't wait to finish book 2. Amazing well done xx
Book-Lover Book Blog
Anyone who knows me knows I hate giving less then 3 stars to anyone. It makes me feel awful, but with this I simply had no choice.

This started out to be a very promising book, but I soon grew bored and disinterested in Carrie's story. It was predictable and rushed, if I'm honest. I found it difficult to read due to no editing what so ever. If it had been edited, it was very poorly done.

The characters themselves were well defined and so we're the settings. I found it confusing in places. it jumpe
TDCbookreviews
2/5 Stars.

This book is all about the moments that change your life. Carrie Summers has her life turned upside down, and she does what she can to make sure she finds happiness and balance in her ever-changing life.

A short story, which made for a quick read, but poorly written with plot/characters not developed enough that led to cheesy dialogue.

*Triggers for miscarriages and cancer.
Mary
Jul 03, 2015
Dave Westall
Jan 31, 2015
Claire Thake
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, my-books

The Revival (2 books)
  • Restart (The Revival Series #2)