Start by marking “White House White-out (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #3)” as Want to Read:
White House White-out (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #3)

White House White-out (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition #3)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  743 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
IT’S A SNOWY December in Washington, D.C., and Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are there to see the sights. While they’re admiring the White House, they meet the president’s stepdaughter, KC, and her friend, Marshall. Soon, in the confusion of all the people decorating the White House for Christmas, the president’s dog, Natasha, goes missing! The kids set out to find her, but it ...more
Published August 12th 2008 by RHUS (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about White House White-out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White House White-out

Kira Nerys
I was curious whether this series was a good recommendation for my 5-year-old cousin, who's currently reading The Hidden Stairs and the Magic Carpet (well, the whole Secrets of Droon series). I remember going through these mysteries at about the same time, when I was her age. The answer: yeah, they're pretty decent. Adventurous, with a touch of risk, plots where the kids always get into trouble but always end up safe and sound, and simple, fun characters. Ruth Rose ALWAYS wears only one color--w ...more
Oksana
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose, characters in the series A to Z Mysteries, have come across a mystery once again in this exciting mystery for young readers. While the kids are visiting Washington D.C. they meet the President Thornton's stepdaughter, KC, and her friend Marshall. As the white house is being decorated, KC's dog Natasha goes missing. The kids track her down to a white van belonging to a florist and in the process end up being kidnapped along with the dog! This story is easy to follow alo ...more
Lucas Chance
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just like all of the other A to Z mystery books, this book is great. I really like how the special editions are longer then the other books, they have you on edge more then the other ones. I love how no matter what, Dink and his friends always end up catching the bad guys, just like in this one.
Deepthi Herga
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: snugli-books
My 7 - year old has finished the entire set of the A to Z mysteries (including all the super editions). The super editions are lengthier and more satisfying. I started reading them because I wanted to find out how good these mysteries are and after I started, I finished the entire set myself. This will be a common review for all the books in the set (so please forgive me if you see this repeated under another book).

First of all, the mystery part of the book is fairly simple for an adult, but I c
Evelynn
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great mystery for kids from the A to Z Mysteries by Ron Roy.

The mystery this time wasn't so much the "whodunit" as the "what's gonna happen next". It was a nice change of pace in comparison to the Encyclopedia Brown books, which are usually the "whodunit" or the "how'd they slip up".

(view spoiler)

I think th
Ms. Myers
Ruth ross ,josh,and dink Washington d.c and it is really snowy .they stay in the hotel that is near the white house so they go to check out the white house and they where out side b a fence ,there was the presidents step daughter named k.c ,her friend Marshall ,and her dog Natasha .k.c let josh,ruth Ross ,and dink in to the white house and there where decorators to decorate the white house for Christmas .k.c showed them what she was going to give to the president it was a whistle so he could tra ...more
Kristen Fraley
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: el-230
Ron Roy has written a fast-paced mystery novel that will delight children and keep them on their toes. The mystery-solving trio of Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose are at it again, this time in Washington, D.C. with some new friends—including the President’s step-daughter. Havoc breaks out when the newly formed five-some get kidnapped and held for ransom. It will take all of their wit, survival skills, and the help of a certain little dog to get them all out of this sticky situation alive!

This book is
Dolly
Dec 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We've really enjoyed the A to Z Mysteries series and love that Mr. Roy has written a couple extra "Super Edition" stories with the same characters. And what's even better is that Dink, Josh, and Ruth Rose get to meet KC and Marshall from the Capital Mysteries series. We really liked that. We enjoyed looking for the hidden letters in the pictures, too, figuring out the special message. It's a really fun book and we will read more by this author very soon.
Melissa Namba
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
I liked this one less than the others in the series. It isn't the author's fault, but due to the events of 9/11, this is not even plausible. Basically, the President's step daughter approaches the kids by the gate to the White House and invites them in. And then they all get kidnapped. The kids reading these books now, would not even know a pre 9/11 world so the notion of a time when this might (implausible though it may be) happen does not exist. Characters are still consistent.
Mary
Dec 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
I liked the story it was a fast read and shows that kids can accomplish things, but I didn't like the fact that a child in a high-profile place took a chance that allowed her to be kidnapped. I felt that the children should have approached one of the adults in charge of protection to help them. I also felt that someone who was friends with a person who was unstable was allowed free access to our White House.
Ann Moody
Jul 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Chose this in conjunction with a trip to Washington DC. It was okay, but the kids get into situations throughout that are completely unrealistic. Yes, I know it's fiction, just pretend. But they get much closer to the presidential family than could ever possibly happen, and they get into an extremely dangerous situation that in real life could easily end in disaster. This is our 2nd A to Z mystery and based on that I rank the series as "average."
Kari
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: school, kids
A to Z mysteries are the perfect starter mystery for kids. The detective is pretty clear, the mystery is also pretty clear, even the bad guy is pretty clear. But, there are still clues to be found in the book, so early mystery readers can do the work of 'trying to figure out the solution to the mystery.'
Jo Miller
A few kids are out seeing the sights in Washington D.C. and come across the president's stepdaughter. Next thing they know the president's dog goes missing and the group of kids go out to try to find her. It is suspenseful and I feel that the kids will enjoy reading, if not this book, than others in the series.

Kaytee
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
the kids met kc and marshall then then they found out that kcs dog was missing then they found the dog in a truck they got trapped in the truck for the night then the truck stopped and the kids busted the trunk. then they couldent finf the dog agin then these snowmobiles came up and the dog was with him. then they gothome safley to there home
Qiankun Liu
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 40-book-chanllge
This so good, is about Dink, Josh,and Ruth Rose meet president’s stepdaughter, KC, and her friend, Marshall.Then all the people decorating the White House for Christmas, the president’s dog, Natasha, goes missing! So they look for Natasha. And Natasha save they live. The adventure is so excite, and they are very smart to.
Adolfo Lopez
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
The book "White House White Out" is a book about three kids who searches for the presidents dog when she goes lose. I chose this book because I read the whole series of A to Z. Another reason why I chose this book is because I like books that have mysteries and has many suspects. I recommend this book to people who read the A to Z series and to people who likes mysteries in a book.
Alexis Barber
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sydney
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
when dink and his friends visit washington d.c. they meet the president's stepdaughter and her friend.then the president's dog natasha is kidnapped dink and hiss friends and the president's step daughter and her friend are on the case to find natasha.
Tatiana
Jul 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ron Roy's books are soooooooooooooo good!It's a story of how Ruth Rose, Dink,and Josh meet the president's stepdaughter KC and her friend Marshall. They get trapped in a van and the kidnapper uses KC's dog as a bait. It's a very interesting story and fun to read! You should try the series.
Katie
Nov 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-read
Review from my 9 year old daughter: "I really liked that this book was about Washington DC because I enjoyed going there and I really like A to Z Mystery books. It was really fun reading with my mom."
Lisadunbar22
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: evan
Moop
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
Great book for third graders. Has mystery and suspense! The presidents dog and step kids are kidnapped and taken away in a van by some Christmas decorators that were working at the whit house. They eventually end up in a snow pile. Fun book for young readers.
Cairn
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
so so great!
Ruchita
Jan 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Very special book to read !!!!
Caden
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-myself
Its partly capital misery.

Natalie Burts
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
it was good.
Kaitlin
Nov 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the best one that he ever wrote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Angela
Jul 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Ambitious book by Ron Roy. The only problem my daughter had was believing any parent would let their children wander around Washington D.C. without a chaperone.

Emelia
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-read
Very intriguing story. Grandson was riveted!
Nancy
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
good kid mystery.
  • A Crazy Day With Cobras (Magic Tree House, #45)
  • Cam Jansen and the Mystery Writer Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #27)
  • The Secret Of Robber's Cave (Cabin Creek Mysteries #1)
  • The Fashion Disaster (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #6)
  • Nate the Great Saves the King of Sweden
  • Callie (Kitty Corner, #1)
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
  • The Christmas Party from the Black Lagoon
  • The Pumpkin Elf Mystery (Ready, Freddy!, #11)
  • World's Oldest Living Dragon (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #16)
  • The Chalk Box Kid (Stepping Stone Books)
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition (9 books)
  • Detective Camp (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #1)
  • Mayflower Treasure Hunt (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #2)
  • Sleepy Hollow Sleepover (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #4)
  • The New Year Dragon Dilemma (A to Z Mysteries: Super Edition, #5)
  • The Castle Crime (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition, #6)
  • Operation Orca (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition, #7)
  • Secret Admirer (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition, #8)
  • April Fools' Fiasco (A to Z Mysteries Super Edition #9)