Start by marking “Joshua's Folly” as Want to Read:

Alternate Cover Edition
ISBN:978-1475192728
ASIN: B00D8DZAME

Same book, new cover!

Can you fall in love with a picture?

After Marisa survives a traumatic experience in her youth, she finds comfort in the form of a photograph of Joshua, her foster mother’s nephew. She falls in love with him, creating and refining an image of the man of her dreams. When Marisa has the opportunit
Published June 6th 2013 by Taylor Dean Books (first published June 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Joshua's Folly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Joshua's Folly

Start your review of Joshua's Folly
Samantha Martin
Jul 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet love story with all the feels!
Erica
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Read this during the summer, not sure how I missed recording it.

There's been too many books since I read this, but I love Taylor Dean's novels and have the overall sense that there was trouble, happiness, struggle, and then happiness again.

If you haven't read her books yet, give them a try! Just be prepared for books with more substance to them then your happy-go-lucky love story. You'll have lots of feels during the course of her tales, but you'll love the whole ride.
Sherry Fundin
Night was so peaceful for 11 year old Marissa.

Mary said would things would get better, but Marissa didn’t think so.

Marissa couldn’t sleep. She would walk the halls, but when she saw his photograph on the wall, she felt better.

His name is Joshua.

Joshua’s Folly is a romance novel, without ghosts, the supernatural or murder. It is not a novel I would normally choose to read, but because it is by one of my favorite Indie authors, I knew I would read it no matter what it is about. I did enjoy Marissa
Rachel
Taylor Dean is a wonderful writer who is known by her fans for the suspense in her books. Joshua's Folly was different than her normal books, so even though this is by NO means a bad book, I would not suggest this as your first Taylor Dean book. I would recommend reading I Have People, Sierra, Lancaster House, or For Nick (which releases next month I believe) first and then come back to this one. That way you get a true sense of her writing style signature, which is incredible. Still, Joshua's F ...more
Laura Thomas
This romance story starts in tragedy.

Marisa was 11 years old when she lost her family and found sanctuary with her foster family. It was hard for her to adjust and she was plagued with fears and bad dreams.

One thing gave her peace. A picture of her foster mothers nephew, Joshua. He was not much older than her and she kept his picture under her pillow, creating a fantasy life with him.

Marisa is a young woman now and she’s going to spend the summer with Josh and his daughter, Bethany at his ran
Charissa
This is my 3rd book by Taylor Dean and I have loved them all. She’s an amazing writer. I inhaled this book like it was chocolate once it came out. Dean once again created characters you can’t help but love and cheer for; Joshua and Marisa work their way into your heart and become dear friends you don’t want to ever part from. This romance is so touching, fun, poignant, and heart wrenching at times. The emotional connection between Joshua and Marisa is wonderful to read about; their love story is ...more
Kesha Mclean
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aaawwww!!! Taylor, Taylor, Taylor, you have reduced me to tears, yet again! Tears of joy, laughter and pain. I love how your books make me feel like I am one of the main characters and the events of the story are happening to me, right at that moment. This is yet another MUST read people, get reading and rate. You won't be disappointed :)
Brandy Corona
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was not disappointed by Joshua's Folly, it delivered a sweet, poignant story about a strong woman who has overcome so much in her young life and the man she's loved since she was 11 years old.
I loved every bit of this, it had romance, a little drama, and great characters. It is definitely one of my top fave reads of 2013!
Teri Bingham
Aug 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read it through so fast b/c I couldn't get enough that I read it again after I finished the first time. I have a huge crush on Joshua! I enjoyed Marissa's communication style in that she wasn't a game player. I also enjoyed Taylor's style of letting us in the man's head and his thoughts. Well done!
Teri
Tia
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this novel and the way the author wrote the end of the novel was amazing, probably the best ending in existence to novels out there. Other authors could learn a lot from a Taylor Dean novel ending. Absolutely delightful!
Shelly
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like clean romance novels and you haven't picked up one of Taylor Deans books, you really need to do so. I have read all but her latest book now and I have loved every one of them. This one was a little different in that it didn't have a twist or any suspense, but I enjoyed it just the same. Joshua's Folly is a pretty straight forward romance novel.

Marisa suffered a tragedy early in her life and at the age of 11 she is placed in a new home. During one of her first nights while having trou
Kristen
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
I hate to say it, but this was definitely my least favorite Taylor Dean book.

I was just not a fan of Marisa. She was very immature in my opinion, and I just found her whole situation to be unbelievable. She reminded me more of a 15 year old, than a 24 year old woman. She certainly acted like one.

Josh was ok. I was not in love with him, like I have been with her other male characters.

This story just fell flat, since I didn't love the characters. Makes me glad it's the last book of hers, that's a
Jana
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really I would rate this book more like 4.5 stars. This is my second book by Taylor Dean that I've read and I think I have found another favorite author! The stories that she creates are simply beautiful.
The only thing that I struggled with in this book was the utter lack of communication between Joshua and Marisa. If they would have just communicated better and stopped making assumptions, then I would have given the book 5 stars.
Karen perry
This was a quick read and easy read which I liked but the story was just to fluffy for me,and not really my style not one of Taylor's best books but I'm still a fan and eager to read more books by her
Jo Thomas
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was ok not her usual style, i like taylor dean books for being different and this wasn't.
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Taylor Dean is one of my favorite authors. I love her books. This one was good and I liked it but not as much as some of her other books. 3.5 stars
Jasmine Montilla
Jul 05, 2018
Stephanie
Apr 13, 2014
susan L. Hoagland
rated it did not like it
Apr 06, 2018
Julie Kelly
Feb 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Waiting patiently or maybe not lol 7 6 Jun 11, 2013 05:05AM

• Facial Recognition (Serenity Spa, #1)
  • Regret Me Not (The Montebellos #1)
  • Denying Heaven (Room 103, #3)
  • Already Gone
  • Faithless
  • Incomplete
  • A Five-Minute Life
  • Kylie Ryans Series Box Set
  • Holding on to Forever
  • Willing Her to Love Me
  • Reining Her In
  • Lawfully Screwed (A Lawful Affair, #1)
  • Redemption
  • Just Breathe Again
  • Evil Love: A Dark High School Bully Romance
  • Downfall (Kingdoms of Sin, #1)
  • Pierced Hearts (Southern Charmers Book 1)
  • River in Darkness (River's End, #11)

Taylor Dean lives in Texas and is the mother of four grown children. Upon finding herself with an empty nest, she began to write the stories that were always wandering around in her head, quickly finding she had a passion for writing, specifically romance. Whether it's paranormal, contemporary, or suspense-you'll find all sub-genres of CLEAN Romance in her line-up.