Start by marking “Groove: Stories to Refresh The Way We Think and Feel about Our Mental Illnesses” as Want to Read:
Groove: Stories to Refresh The Way We Think and Feel about Our Mental Illnesses

Groove: Stories to Refresh The Way We Think and Feel about Our Mental Illnesses

You're one of the millions of people who struggle with mental illness. You struggle in silence, hoping to avoid stares, whispers, and prejudice. But societys judgment has also become your inner voice. Guilt, shame, and low self-worth have entrenched themselves in your mind and heart like old grooves of sun-hardened soil. These false beliefs need loosening, turning, ...more
Published December 2014 by Comfort Station Publications

To ask other readers questions about Groove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Groove

Start your review of Groove: Stories to Refresh The Way We Think and Feel about Our Mental Illnesses
Deanna Wiseburn
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
A real blessing to work with such talented writers. These devotions truly talk about real life experiences with mental illness and the challenges that come with facing it. It is a book of hope spoken into dark corners as you see that people can live victoriously even with Mental illness!!
Barbara Tsipouras
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have to admit that I read this book in the wrong way. It is supposed to be read through one year, each week one text with deep personal questions for every day. I read it all in one day, because I got a free copy in exchange for a review. Generally I don't like this type of books but in this case this is probably the right thing to do.

Ten different authors have contributed to this book telling about their mental illness and how they deal with it and how their faith changes their view of life
Carley Cooper
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Daphne
Jan 10, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Brenda Knight
marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Amy Smith
marked it as to-read
May 02, 2019
Daphne Tarango is a freelance writer who comforts hurting women with the comfort she has received from God. Daphne inspires women to take biblical steps to personal growth and freedom. She also writes about her struggles with chronic illness and pain.

Daphnes work has appeared in Just Between Us, {in}courage (a division of DaySpring), Living Better 50+, The Gabriel, Ruby for Women, and Mentoring

News & Interviews