Start by marking “If” as Want to Read:
If

If

If is a new adult romance, not erotica.

If…
Someone hadn't scarred my face.
I hadn’t followed my dreams to LA.
That tweaker hadn't attacked that homeless guy.
I hadn't invited a stranger over for Thanksgiving.
I hadn’t fallen in love.

If I hadn’t lost him.
------
If…
I hadn’t gone for that drive.
I saw the world like everyone else.
My “genius” wasn’t slowly destroying me.
I had just wa
Published March 16th 2015 by Nina G. Jones (first published March 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about If, please sign up.
Am R
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

4.25 "What If" stars!

photo 8F6409F1-75B6-4D81-B223-71FEDFAB2DAF_zpsuv2kpj8w.jpg

Wow! What an unconventional NA love story! I really enjoyed If. I'll preface my review with a word of warning...go in blind. This is the type of book that trickle feeds the reader information so it's very easy to give away plot spoilers. Even more so, spoilers on the characters. Let Nina build their story one sad word at a time.

I can tell you that both characters are flawed. Physically, mentally and emotionally. They carry these flaws on their shoulders daily and both decid
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
3.5 Stars

Most people's souls hide inside of their minds and bodies, but Bird is inside out. Her dancing, with the sweeping transparent ribbons of color that followed, was the embodiment of a divine gift. Her dancing was the closest I could get to heaven without dying.

With Debt being the only other book I've read by this author, this book couldn't be more different. So if you're going into this expecting a mindfuck or steam, think again. It's neither of those. It's an emotional and touching s
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
If took me completely by surprise. I didn't expect the kind of book the author wrote.
Yet I knew it wasn't like my typical read,
Yet there's a warning at the beginning of the book
Yet the author made it perfectly clear this is not a usual romance. And that this is not erotica.

To be honest, I applied to receive the book because I was still high after I read her book Debt at the end of last year. I was captivated by her writing and her ability to have my attention on something that was disturbing.

Wh
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3 Stars ★★★

Bird is a dancer who has moved to LA to pursue her dreams. She is determined to catch a break, despite being turned down due to her physical flaws.

Ash is homeless artist and living on Skid Row. He often watches her on her way home and is drawn to her aura and her beauty. He sees things that others cannot see and when he is feeling at his lowest point, Bird wades in and literally makes him see that there is something worth living for again.
_ _ _ _

This was a pleasant mature New Adul
Aestas Book Blog
Mar 15, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: now
This sounds so UNIQUE!!! Love it!

If…
Someone hadn't scarred my face.
I hadn’t followed my dreams to LA.
That tweaker hadn't attacked that homeless guy.
I hadn't invited a stranger over for Thanksgiving.
I hadn’t fallen in love.

If I hadn’t lost him.
------
If…
I hadn’t gone for that drive.
I saw the world like everyone else.
My “genius” wasn’t slowly destroying me.
I had just walked away before I could ever know her.
She hadn’t ignited the spark.

STANDLAONE
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
DNF @ 25%

My DNF isn't because the book was 'bad' in any way. But it was more a case of 'too many books too little time'. I usually give a book to the 25% mark and see how well it's going for me. In this instance, i felt that it wouldn't have been more than a three star read for me due to the fact that it was; very slow starting, and apart from the characters' situations (which felt overblown in the hero's case), they felt bland.
Diana's
4.5 unconditional love stars!!!
Such an emotionally fueled love story!!

Full review Here

photo If teaser review Ash_zpshc8kysbw.jpg

review to follow . .
Amanda
5 'What If' stars

In many ways, this book reminds me of Find You in the Dark that touch on the similar theme, but I would say If feels more mature and had more layers and depths to it. Is a story about love, heartbreak, forgiveness and healing.

"'If' is unfulfilled potential. It's dreams that didn't come true."

Bird loves dancing and living with a scarred face. A face that become a major roadblock in her life. But she is tenacious in living up to her dreams to become a successful dancer in LA. A c
Future Slayer Girl
I don't even know what I was expecting from this book, but it totally threw me into an emotional tailspin that had me crying, laughing, and cheering all the characters on.

This is my first book by Nina G. Jones and I'm really glad that it was. I saw she did some more intense stuff and I felt new adult would be safer turf to tread in. Already being in the mood for it after reading a really good Young Adult I dove right in expecting to only read a few chapters before bed, and then didn't get to be
Hollie
 photo giphy_zpsabnwcnt9.gif

This plot is going to have to pick up - Im going to the 50% mark before deciding if this will be a DNF

Made it to the 50% and just didn't care enough about the characters or plot to keep going. DNF
Rejane
Aug 26, 2018 marked it as nope

What Tynna said

message 1044: by Tynna
1 hour, 30 min ago

(view spoiler)
Idk about her. I DNF as soon as I read that crap.
The Art of Romance Promotions
If by N.G. Jones

Everyone calls her Bird since she can remember. An aspiring dancer who can’t seem to catch a break. Bird is strong, beautiful inside and out. However, the scars on the outside is what most people see. Bird doesn’t have much, but is happy on what she does have. She has a family but aren’t very close, but she does have her best friend in the world, Jordan. Jordan is also a dancer and there friendship is stellar. One night a stranger and almost tragedy changes Birds life forever!

His
Tangerine
Mar 20, 2015 rated it liked it

3 STARS

I liked it. I didn't love it but I liked it. I liked the characters and the unique storyline. I found myself doing my own research on Ash's illness because I had never heard of it and I was very intrigued by it and wanted to know more. I really liked that aspect of the story.

The story has three parts. It seemed to drag on a bit and I found myself skimming through some of it. I really enjoyed the first part. There were parts of the story I loved and parts I didn't. Nothing really happens
~Dawn~TUG
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**arc received from author in exchange for an honest review by the TUG girls at http://www.twounrulygirls.com ..thank you! **

I loved this story..so different from other love stories, raw and emotional. Bravo for taking on love amidst challenges..
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
4.5 Stars!! Beautiful NA story, by one of my favorite authors. Very well written and highly recommended. Full review to come!
Karima chermiti
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Of all the writing genres, new adult is my least favorite one. I find it full of tiring cliches, predictable story lines and ridiculous use of stereotypical characters. Every time I read a new adult book, I feel myself extremely dissatisfied and annoyed. For a long time, I steered clear of this genre because I simply wanted to read books that I could enjoy and that feel compelling with a message to send or something important to say. But I could not help but be intrigued by the Goodreads summary ...more
Kimberly
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
This is a must read for anyone who loves a beautiful and well written story. This is a story of love, pain, and redemption. Love can take you to the highest highs, but then crash and burn and leave you devastated. But, it's what we do after the devastation that shows the measure of a person. Struggle and pain makes us who we are, and this story explores that truth to perfection.

Bird and Ash are both struggling to survive and in each other they find strength. They see in each other what no one el
Christine
Feb 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, read-in-2015
This was not a bad book at all. First, I really liked Annalise Campbell or better known as Bird. She tells the story of how she got that nickname in the book. *smiley face* Bird is a dancer and even though she is a very talented dance, it is hard for her to get job since part of her face is disfigured but this does not change what a loving and kind person she is.

Bird has friends that usually walk her when she has to pass Skid Row, a very dangerous part of the Los Angeles area. One night after wo
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
4.25 BREATHTAKING, WHAT IF STARS.

"Love is accepting someone, flaws and all.”

I felt a wide range of emotions while reading this book -- giddiness, madness, frustration, sadness. This book touches on a very sensitive issue which is mental illness, and I'll admit I was skeptical about it. I was scared to go into this one but my curiosity got the best of me. And I must say, Nina didn't disappoint.

This book is very beautifully written. I was very emotionally invested in both of the main charact
Talltree
Mar 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Madiha J Bookblogger
3.5Stars
May be a person with the extreme love of art will like it better. Story was just common and predictable. Okayish.
Mimiorphee
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, favorites
One word caught my attention on the first page, and no need to say, it totally scared me. So what? Do I stop here? Oh no, no way!

The way Ash and Bird's creativity is described is completely amazing. Their artistic energy is almost palpable.
Ash's gift is indescribable, and still, I had all those colours and images in mind!

I laughted, I cried, I have been angry, it broke my heart and twisted my gut. But despite the unusual and difficult topic, hope never left me. Thank you so much for that, Nina
Tynna
He leaves her (for her own good my a$$) and he becomes a total manwhore. DNF. So furious. Hate him.
Mo (The Scarlet Siren)
Soooooo flippin' GOOD! Review to follow.
Broon
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Uwiodła mnie od pierwszej do ostaniej strony :-)
Deloris
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
APB Perspective Review:

This is an excellent story ! They stared out as two damaged an vulnerable young adults and what liked most is they fell in love . The author didn't leave it there though she showed us the characters growth and mature as separate people . So when they meet again , I felt they had a level playing field .
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
6 Hearts!! Damn. Nina has done it again. This is one of the if not the most beautifully written book I have ever read and I read a lot. The only other book by Nina I have read was DEBT and that blew me away. This one is so not like that one so it proves to me how diverse her talent really is. Amazing. I usually write a few paragraphs of a summary of the book but I just can't do that with this one...my mind is all over the place so putting together my notes and hope it makes sense.

Bird was a dan
Zoe and the Edge
“You have the best looking laughter and voice I have ever seen.”

Oh the sweet surprise of unexpectancy. I loved Bird's bravery. Her scarred face has forced her to get over herself in so many ways.

I know others might call that delusion, but don’t you have to be a little delusional to follow a dream?

Ash
“Would you dance?”
“Huh?”
“If I am going to paint on command, that’s like showing you my soul. I want you to show me yours. It’s only fair.”

Hum hum hum. *smile. Painting is in no way my thing. I've
Tricia
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
My Review: (ARC provided)
4 stars!

Synesthesia:
1. A condition in which one type of stimulation evokes the sensation of another, as when the hearing of a sound produces the visualization of a color.
2. A sensation felt in one part of the body as a result of stimulus applied to another, as in referred pain.
3. The description of one kind of sense impression by using words that normally describe another.

I love a book about inner beauty and this book gave that to us but we also got a different kind of
Krista
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This story is simply amazing. I am currently at a loss on how to tell you about it. I just want you all to read so you can understand the beauty of this story.

From the first sentence in the Prologue:

“If. I always hate that word. It was only used to suggest the things that would never be, to describe the possibilities that I wouldn’t achieve. … “If” is unfulfilled potential. It’s dreams that didn’t come true.”

To the last paragraph at the end of the book:

“Maybe “if” isn’t such a bad word. Maybe it
  • Entführt - Bis du mich liebst (Louisa & Brendan, #1)
  • Adrenaline Rush (The Capes, #2)
  • Bad Romance (New Adult Romance)
  • Skygods (Hydraulic, #2)
  • A Bird on a Windowsill
  • Shifter's Destiny
  • Loving the White Liar
  • Running Barefoot
  • One Careful Owner
  • The Professor's Pet
  • Fiul risipitor
  • The Darkest Descension (Breaking Insanity, #3)
  • Unforgettable (Unforgiven, #2)
  • Dear Adam
  • Ignite (Ignite, #1)
  • High
  • One Good Man
  • Prodigal Son (Truth Seers, #1)
By day, Nina G. Jones works for an internet startup and is a freelance copywriter. She lives with her husband and two dogs.

By night, she explores the hidden recesses of the human psyche in her writing.

Nina has a background in Psychology and uses this as a starting point for her writing. She adds depth to her characters by exploring their psychological motivations. Due to the nature of the topics s
“Love is accepting someone. Flaws and all.” 1 likes
“Our foreheads met, her small nose pressed against mine. Everything intensified. Plums, magentas, limes, and cobalts turned into stars going through their entire life cycles. They birthed, lived, and died right before my eyes,” 1 likes