Start by marking “Masked & Miserable (The Sacred Hearts MC #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Masked & Miserable (The Sacred Hearts MC #3.5)

Masked & Miserable

(The Sacred Hearts MC #3.5)

Masked & Miserable…

Squick has been a longtime fixture of The Sacred Heart’s MC. His boss, Trigger, is their Sargent at Arms after all. It took a while for him to put together a bike to become an official hang-around then prospect and he was pretty thrilled that his other boss, Zander, took the plunge with him. Still, Squick is hiding something, something big that could
Kindle Edition, 1, 115 pages
Published February 10th 2015 by Second Circle Press (first published February 9th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Masked & Miserable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Masked & Miserable

Megan Fall
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bikers-mc, drug-use
A male/male read. I liked this one. Disney was sweet for a big, tough biker. I am so glad he decided to come out because I really didn't want to read about the club beating him for lying and keeping secrets. I am really looking forward to Ghost's story.
Deanna
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! Where to begin?!?! Love love love this series.....I'm not really into m/m but I had to read to find out what happens....OMG....so loved this book! It was extremely well written, great with little details that ment the world. This story was heart breaking, loving, compassionate, family drama & HOT....wow m/m HOT!! Loved still seeing how the other characters were doing from previous books & meeting new ones. Also enjoyed the variety of personalities with all the different characters. ...more
Kendra Wynn
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have never read a m/m book before! I can say without a doubt that a.j made this book tasteful and I actually loved reading it! She's one of my favorite writers and her mc series is my favorite! I thought it would be awkward reading about two males but she did a great job writing this book! There was nothing awkward about it! I can't wait for the next in the series to come out!
Sivutha
5 Disney Stars!!!

I love that Squick/Andy aka Disney found his happiness with Aaron!! He deserves it and I'm so glad the Brothers accepted him. Win,win!!
Jennifer Mitsada
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given Masked & Miserable as an ARC for my honest review. I am in awe!!! M/M is not this author's standard style but she did this perfectly! A.J. Downey pulls you into her story, I could feel the needle on my arm, and ended the book thinking I needed to go get a new tat. The story of Andy (Squick) and Aaron is a novella but wasn't rush and flowed seamlessly. I do highly recommend that you read the first 3 of this series as the other characters are in this story as well, and I personally ...more
Caz Malpas
4.5 STARS

I love this series and so it comes as no surprise to me that I love, love, LOVED this book!

Apart from his name, I loved 'Squick', this was the story of how after meeting a guy and liking him, he deals with decision on whether to come out to his brothers in the club or stay in his locked closet.

Loved Squick's fella he was a total doll!

I must admit I shed a few tears when Squick had a rather deep and meaningful conflabb with Dragon!

I don't normally do the .5 inbetween books but couldn't
Heather
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and Andy and Aaron's journey. It was too fast a read and I say that as a good thing. A.J. has a way of making me get lost in her books and making time and responsibility disappear. I am truly in love with this series and am truly excited for Ghost and Shelly's adventure towards love.
Colleen Marie
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Written with sensitivity and depth. The emotions were spot-on.
I'm glad the club turned out to be so supportive of someone who might not fit their mold in every way.
I loved it. Thank you.

NOTE: that cover reminds me of Walton Goggins as Venus Van Damme/Vincent Noone - in Sons of Anarchy......the 'guy/gal' who ends up giving TIG so much needed comfort. Just sayin......GREAT cover.
Yasmin Vasquez
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

This book was excellent it fills some holes I will bve honest it has a M/M relationship with sex so if that's not your thing don't read it but the book is well written and classy not trashy.
Darcy
I think we’ve been expecting this book for a while. Squick has always been around, but the last book he held a bit of prominent part when he protected the women while the rest of them did what needed to be done. I liked hearing the other guys talk about if Squick would tell the secret that everyone had been guessing about. We knew they all would accept him, but with Squick’s background it’s easy to understand why he didn’t tell anyone.

When Squick met Aaron it was cute how they reacted to each o
Rose
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! I loved Squick's story! I love both MC and MM, and in this novella I got both.

Squick hasn't had an easy life and now that he's finally found a family in the Sacred Hearts MC he's sure he'll lose it as soon as he opens up to them that he's gay. So, when he meets a guy that rings all of his bells, he knows it's time to come out. Well, you'll have to read it to see what happens, but it's so good!!!! Plenty of action, both between the sheets and on the streets! Can't wait to read more of thi
Vickju Kindle
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is about Squick/Disney and his coming out book. You can not skip this one, even if you are not into m/m. So much happens in the story. Especially after Reaver killed the Pres of their Rival club, after he raped Shelly, Reaver's cousin. This book sets up the fall out. As well as how Squick got his name and came to be who he is. I love Disney's messed up tattoos. I am from Australia and actually had to google who one of the tattoos is, and it made me realise just what kind of guy Disney is.
Simplistic Deamer
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
3.8 I was disappointed we didn't get a full book for Disney and Aaron. Still, I am wondering what is going on with the language here. Is it hillbilly or something? Even the doc talks in this manner yer what is yer? Down south we us ya or ya'll and y for you? definitely not southern even the Pres and VP speak it and they are hispanic. So yea not sure there. And there is a word called anyway. 'Anyways' sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me."
Janet Gambino
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: downey-aj
Disney is prospect for the club, trying to become a member problem is he has a secret and they all know it. The club looks at it as lying and you can't be voted in unless you come clean, too throw another wrench in it, he gets someone that he is really attracted to, will his brothers understand? Will they turn away from him? Great short story
Diana Ireland
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't know why I love MM romances so much but this is a good one! I really liked the series but this probably my favorite of them all. The characters are amazing and they are both beautiful cinnamon rolls to good for this world. This book made me laugh and cry and i actually read it twice before I stared the 4th.
Lauren Dodson
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A change of pace

This was not what I was expecting. Not my normal read. But I am so glad that I took the chance and read it. It was all tastefully written. I was able to read the story and feel as though I was there. The connection Andy and Aaron have is palpable.
A good tasteful read with a little dirty mixed in.
Rachel
Dec 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm glad we got a book about Andy/Disney. I wish it had been a full length book like the others but I still really enjoyed reading it. Watching Disney deal with his own issues and how the club rallies around him no matter what was heartwarming. Aaron is a wonderful addition to this family. Great job!
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing MC M/M book

Loved this book hard. The love story between Disney and Aaron is beautiful written. The family love from scarred hearts MC towards Disney was powerfully amazing I highly highly highly recommend this book series and author
Shaly
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: aj-downey
Loved this! It was just so sweet, even though the club is in the middle of a war with those jackasses the Suicide Kings, reading Andy and Aaron's story was like breathing fresh air. They were just so damn cute together! Kudos to the club for accepting Andy and his lifestyle!
Nancy Tamez
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Series

Love Disney and Aaron! This is short Story but still
keeps you interested in the whole ! Can't wait
For the next book!
Carol Roll
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

Short, but good. A good lesson on how people that are different than you should be treated like you want yourself to be treated.
Stephanie Beasley
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If there was a way to give more than five Star I would. I can't keep saying how much I loved these books. This one broke me wide open stomped on my heart and then put it all back together again. You don't see many MV books that have a couple that is two men. I loved how the Author brought in the pain of him having to come out to his Brothers. I can't help but cry at the pain of seeing their prized Shop get torn apart. Please read these books in order and love them as much as I did. I recommend a ...more
Deborah
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it

Really good read, I might have to look at the rest of this series.

After reading book 6 'Damaged & Dangerous' I looked back to see If I wanted to read any of the earlier books and this one stood out partly because of the blurb but mainly because I was intrigued by Squick and wanted his story.
I normally read a series in order so it was a little strange going back but I really enjoyed this book, Squick's life came tumbling down around him at fifteen when he 'came out' his father kicked him out
Rachel Barnard
Jun 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Squick has yet to officially tell anyone in the Scared Hearts MC that he’s gay, even though some have already guessed his secret. He had an easier time keeping his sex life private when he had none, but after meeting Aaron at the Open Road Ink tattoo parlor, he was instantly attracted to the slender musician, and life became much more complicated. He must open up to his family at the MC or risk losing them forever, but will they be able to accept the first and only gay member of their club?

This
Melanie
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I won an ARC of Masked & Miserable.

The first novella in The Sacred Hearts MC Series is a well paced, well written addition to the SHMC world. Andy (Squick) is a Prospect and is hoping to patch in soon. He knows though that the secret he is hiding will be a game changer for the club. On meeting Aaron, he realises his time is up and he needs to tell them but will they accept him or will they realise his fear and turn their back on him in disgust?

I've never read M/M before so wasn't sure what
Sandy Knox
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!

I love, love, love that Squik finally finds someone to love and be loved back. I mean I know all the MC brothers and Old Ladies love him but this time he gets to let his rainbow flag fly. Aaron is so sweet and talented and he doesn't seem to be intimidated by Squik at all. Maybe the MC alittle but they are so amazing in trying to make him feel welcome to the family. This book is WAY too short but it gets the point across. This is my first m/m book and I have to say It was s
Book Fancy
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Masked & Miserable is book 3.5 in this series. This novella tells Squick and Aaron's story. I'll be honest and say this was my first M/M romance I've ever read. It's not a genre I would normally read, but I love this series by A.J. Downey so of course I had to read it! Squick is one of the new members of the MC, and I just totally adore him! He has such a big heart, and I'm so glad he found someone he can relate to. This is a quick paced novel
Maria Corrado
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So I won this book and I couldn't be more excited. so i devoured the book right away and could not wait to leave a review. I loved this book. I love the three dimensional character that is"Disney".He is hot,sexy,tender and sensual. He is one on the hottest studs in romance yum. The sexy time scenes are well done and doesn't down play the rest of the story. I am glad this is more heart warming then heart breaking. I was worried at one point and on the edge of my seat. This is a good story of "com ...more
Belinda Donaldson
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book like the other in the series was just awesome.

It dealt with real world issues that sadly people still have to deal with these days.

It was so good to read a book that wasn't a typical MC but dealt with romance between 2 guys and how accepting a "family" can be over blood family.

Although it was a quick read it was still a great read and so happy they got their happy ending in this book.

AJ Downey seems to know how to take issues that people have to deal with every day and not glorify them
Vera Quinn
Marked & Miserable is amazing!

This is a book of acceptance,family, and love.
This is two people from two different worlds, Andy/Squick and Aaron, trying to make it with odds against them.One a tough tattoo artist/MC member of the Sacred Hearts and the other a musician in a orchestra.
They want each other but things stand in their way.Andy is hurt from his past.Along with things crashing around them from a rival club.
The Sacred Hearts bound together .
Perfectly written!Great job A.J. Downey.Anot

• Expose (Red Rebels MC, #2)
  • Too Rough For Love (Steel Veins MC, #1)
  • Dams (Areion Fury MC #2)
  • Logan's Reaper (Soul Reapers #1)
  • Claiming His Need (Feral Breed Motorcycle Club, #2)
  • Burned by Abi (Devil Savages MC, #2)
  • Ridge Creek (Ridge Creek #1)
  • Blackness Awaits (The Blackness, #2)
  • Falling For Crazy (Moroad Motorcycle Club, #5)
  • Running Wild (Hell Ryders MC #1)
  • Disciple
  • Out of the Ashes (Sons of Templar MC #3)
  • Black Out (Hawks Motorcycle Club, #3)
  • Desolate Souls: Forgotten Souls MC (Forgotten Souls MC, #1)
  • Hot as Hades (Four Horsemen MC, #2)
  • Bitter Kind of Love (Prairie Devils MC #5)
A.J. Downey is a born and raised Seattle, WA Native. She finds inspiration from her surroundings, through the people she meets and likely as a byproduct of way too much caffeine.

She has lived many places and done many things though mostly through her own imagination... An avid reader all of her life it's now her turn to try and give back a little, entertaining as she has been entertained. She liv

The Sacred Hearts MC (6 books)
  • Shattered & Scarred (The Sacred Hearts MC #1)
  • Broken & Burned (The Sacred Hearts MC #2)
  • Cracked & Crushed (The Sacred Hearts MC #3)
  • Tattered & Torn (The Sacred Hearts MC #4)
  • Fractured & Formidable (The Sacred Hearts MC #5)
  • Damaged & Dangerous (The Sacred Hearts MC #6)