Start by marking “Wish for Me (The Djinn Order, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wish for Me (The Djinn Order, #1)

Wish for Me

(The Djinn Order #1)

Three wishes. Two lovers. One destiny.

When the snarky Glory St. Pierre discovers the gold mechanical vase in her deceased grandmother’s basement, she has no idea that she has uncovered a priceless treasure: a genie lamp. With a real genie inside. A very sexy genie with a not-so-sexy grudge against the entire human race.

Irving Amir hates being called a genie. He’s a Djinn,
ebook, 54400 words, 155 pages
Published April 27th 2015 (first published April 25th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Wish for Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wish for Me

Carrie
Mar 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
When Glory St. Pierre finds a old abandoned lamp in her deceased grandmother's basement little does she know she's about to become the master to a genie. Irving Amir adamantly insists he's a Djinn, not a genie but since Glory released him he owes her three wishes.

Glory immediately develops an infatuation with Irving and wanting to prolong their time together she vows to be careful with her wishes. Unfortunately Irving is being hunted and Glory finds herself in the middle of a world she never kn
Stephanie (Bookfever)
"Do not make me smack you, Irving Amir."
"Do not make me kiss you, Glory St. Pierre."

Wish for Me was simply fanastic! I think I had read two books about Djinn before but it wasn't until this book that I felt like yeah, I need to read more books with them (or author's need to write more with them). I was pretty sure I was going to like this book but I hadn't expected to love it this much from start to ending. Just... amazing!

This story is about Glory St. Pierre who chances upon what she thinks i
Marta Cox
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-reviews, netgalley
So there is Glory helping her mum and aunt sought through all the rubbish left in her late grandmothers basement . It's hot , dirty work and there's very little 'treasure' to be found. Well Glory has found a cute hat and that weird metal thing with a key but that's about it. Glory goes home turns the key in the perculiar vase type thing only to discover it's just a music box oh well time to sleep . Now Glory is in for a shock awakening when a beautiful man appears in her room declaring he will g ...more
Paige  Bookdragon
May 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
The first part really hooked me but after 45%, it kinda depressed me. It was the same with the other PNR romance that I've been reading. What I thought as a light fun read turned into a having full blown secrets with some drama.

Gah. Give me a break.
Rose Strong (Kljuc za knjigu Book Blog)
ARC provided by the publisher Xpresso Book Tours via NetGalley for an honest review.

See detailed review here: http://kljuczaknjigu.blogspot.hr/2016/04/reviewrecenzija-astar-wish-for-me_28.html

I read this book in one afternoon and that’s because it’s irresistible. I find novels about Djinn mystical and special in a way I can't seem to descibe, so I can never resist them, and Wish for Me is one of my new favorites!

The world the authors lead us into is magical and full of surprises. There are lite
Kristen Burns
2 Stars

Full Review:
*I received a free ecopy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

When I started the book, my initial thoughts were, ok, it's not quite my type of book, but it's enjoyable enough that I'm willing to overlook the tropes I don't like and accept the story. But then, as the story progressed, it became more and more romance-y. It's not that I don't like romance in the books I read, it's just that I've had a hard time with paranormal romance lately because I'm no
Lynn Rainbow
Mar 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
I received a free copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review!

3.5 stars — I had a few problems with this book, but it really was a fun read! I had never read a book about Djinns before, and it surely was a lot of fun and a breath of fresh air! I was absolutely captivated by all the Djinn world and the magical atmosphere (kinda Aladdin's style), but unfortunately I wasn't as into the characters.

I've really nothing against Irving, I found him even funny in some parts, and the
winterthekatt
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 Stars*
Wish For Me sparked a little curiosity in me with the whole genie in a lamp and three wishes. I assumed it would be sort of like Aladdin but I had no idea I was going to like it this much. It's not the kind of book I would normally pick out, but once in a while I like to shake things up and deviate from my preferred genres. This goes to show that you should definitely venture out of your comfort zone more often. I never would've guessed that the "genie" or the Djinn would be so extrem
Nada Sobhi
May 13, 2015 rated it liked it

Wish for Me by A. Star is the first instalment in The Djinn Order series. It is an action-packed steampunk, adult, fantasy and romance novel.
The novel is narrated in the first person by Glory St. Pierre, who seems rebellious but is plain obnoxious. Glory stumbles on a strange looking vase which turns out is more of a genie or Djinn lamp. The contraption, nothing like the lamp Aladdin finds, houses the Djinn Irving Amir, who gives Glory the chance to make three wishes. The two characters start ou
Ariel Mathis
May 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*I was gifted this book by the author in exchange for this reader's honest review.*

I'm going to start this off by fan-girling over my new favorite author. I came across this book as I was looking for a genie (although I shouldn't say genie, according to Irving) book & the blurb caught my eye. It's a must read, people!! Why? The author holds nothing back. She reels you in this story with highly developed characters, witty banter, and a plot with some really great twists there at the end. I lo
Marisa
Jul 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This book is almost steampunk meets Djinn meets modern day. The combinations in fresh, interesting and keeps you intrigued. I am not a huge fan of instant love, but I will admit that A. Star knows how to write it well. Glory is no wilting flower and has some great banter if slightly cheesy at times.

I was able to foresee some of the conflict in the book, but I will happily admit that the ending is not what I expected. If I have any complaints, it would be that there are two plot lines of conflict
Beth
GENRE: New-Adult, Romance, Paranormal Romance, Fantasy, Steampunk, Magic
RELEASE DATE: April 23, 2015
CLIFF HANGER: Yes

FOUR STARS

The disclaimer that the author wrote made me laugh out loud and I knew this book was for me. I love an author with a sense of humor!

Quote from the author, “WARNING: Not suitable for ages 18 and under. A significant source of bad language, sexy times, and dirty jokes. If you suffer from a lack of sense of humor, take with plenty of wine. If the symptom persists, see a doc
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)

See this review in its natural environment, Dani Reviews Things.

I received this book for free from Xpresso Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

snap review

Wish for Me was hilarious, exciting and oh so sexy. What more could you ask for from an NA fantasy romance?

Glory and Irvine were stellar characters, casting the other characters in shadow, which was a bit of a shame. Their chemistry was sizzling, with tantalising banter ('
kariny v
*I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review*

This is the story of Glory St. Pierre who finds a lamp and a key in her grandmother's basement. When she turns the lock in and nothing happens, she goes to asleep. Only to be awoken by a hot, sexy djinn with an attitude. With three wishes in hand, Glory is determined to make them last and count. And the fact that Irving is forced to stay with her, something that irritates him to no end, is a bonus for Glory. But when Glory accidentally wis
Deborah
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, adult, steampunk
After Glory St Pierre takes possession of an odd vase with mechanical gears, she lands herself with an unexpected slave – a genie. Irving Amir hates being called a genie – he’s a djinn – and he’s none too fond of the human race either, letting no time pass before he makes Glory aware of this fact.
Well Glory can give as good as she gets, and although her djinn is hotter-than-hot sex-on-legs, she isn’t about to let him treat her like a piece of dirt.
So starts a fiery relationship, with layers of s
Lindsay
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wish For Me has such an interesting collaboration of genres that I’ve never experienced before. I haven’t read a book with a genie (*ahem* djinn, sorry) in it since I was a kid, and I’ve definitely never seen it mixed in with Steampunk! It worked surprisingly well. Whereas steampunk is all about steam powered mechanics, Djinn are about magic. Together, they make great chemistry.

The characters have their own kind of chemistry, although I admit I was skeptical at first. I mean, if a man (no matter
Jasmine
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I read the synopsis for Wish For Me, I was definitely intrigued. I've always been fascinated by djinn, and very rarely do I read stories about them. I will admit I'm not a huge fan of steampunk, but after finishing the story, I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was, and I am definitely looking forward to the sequel.

Glory, the main character, is a bit sarcastic, but likeable. She's your typical college-age young woman...until she finds a very strange vase. Upon opening said vase, she r
Erin Bedford
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received this from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Glory just wanted to get through college. She never expected to find a lamp in her grandmother's basement. A lamp that summons an Djinn with a hot temper and an even hotter bod. As if things weren't complicated enough for Glory, a league of Djinn hunters attack her new companion thrusting her into the world of Djinns and a war that has been raging for centuries.

This book is funny, exciting, and down right dirty. I loved
Nicole Sweeney
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on The Bibliophile Chronicles!

This was such an interesting and fun book. As soon as I read the synopsis I was intrigued, a genie who grants wishes and then falls in love with a human? Straight away that sounded like something I wanted to read. Genies aren't something I've read a lot about, but after this I definitely want to read more!

I really liked Glory as a character. She’s really likeable and I enjoyed seeing where her story went. There’s lots of witty dialogue between her
Pam
Mar 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
Great story, fantastic mythology, adventure, passion, it just doesn't get much better! Can't wait to read the conclusion.
Deborah
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Other than the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movies, I'm not a huge fan of Steampunk. I've also never sought out stories of djinn (genies) because, in general, paranormal is not my thing. But I am a huge fan of A. Star aka Diantha Jones, so I devoured this release. And ooh!

Glory St Pierre isn't just sassy- she's snarky and self-confident, and not easily bullied. So if Irving Amir has a problem with human beings, that's just too damn bad, especially if he's obliged to grant *her* wishes. If only he
Nidhi Thomas
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Honestly, when I first got this book I was so excited to read it. The whole concept of the book was enough for me to pick it and start reading it straight away. However, by the end I was left feeling quite mellow. Instead of having an addictive journey, it was more of trying to convince myself it was exciting. I found it quite hard to finish the book. The characters felt quite flat and I did not see much of a development in them. I tried my best to find some quality in the characters that I coul ...more
Kimmie
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a book! This is an amazing story. It is so well-written and had such a wonderful flow. It is a short book so my review will be to.
This is Glory's story and how she met her Djinn Irving. After her grandma passes she and her family are cleaning out her basement when she finds a funny looking vase. She hides it and takes it home she uses the key to open it but all it does is make music. And when she wakes to a handsome man beside her bed she does not even scream. But not sure why, but he i
Bookish Addict
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book. I have not read about a Djinn before (I'm usually into reading paranormal, sci-fi and fantasy) and this one just blew me away. I'm a huge fan of smart mouthed, sassy women with witty comebacks and Glory dished out a lot of those. The story starts to pick up in the middle and there's a lot of action (in the bedroom and combat), royalty, secrets, surprise twists and much more. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series! It makes me think of an adult version of ...more
Patti
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Overall rating: 5 (advance copy)

It has been quite some time since a djinn tale has captured by attention so thoroughly. The suspense and intrigue kept me flipping these pages happily through its stunning conclusion! To say I didn’t see it coming is a vast understatement! Love this storyline, love theses characters, and happily already have act two loaded onto my kindle! Well done! This review has been voluntarily written.
Belinda
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given an arc copy of this book in return for an honest review. I enjoyed the storyline and the characters and the book had a twist at the end which of course leads into the second book of the series. If you like fantasy and paranormal genres you will enjoy the book. The only negative was that the book was too short being only 173 pages.
Becca
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this! A twist on the supernatural, a snarky sassy lead female, a “cavemantic” lead make and a whole lot of family drama, mystery and suspense, with a dash of sex and romance. Kept me completely entertained and wanting more!

So glad I volunteered to read this in exchange for a review
Nyx D.
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
PNR Awesomeness ♡
Snarky humor, steampunk, and a Djinn? Ohyeah! Mystery suspense and a bit of sexy thrown in make this PNR of the snarky caliber, a really entertaing read. Irving & Glory are a fun couple.
Voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
Minx
Mar 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2016
True Rating 2.5 Stars

This review is based on an free copy I received from NetGalley. It is an honest review and the free receipt of it in no way affected my review or rating.

WARNING: Not suitable for ages 18 and under. A significant source of bad language and sex.

When the Glory St. Pierre finds an old vase type object in her grandmother’s basement she takes interest in the fact that it appears mechanical in nature. She had no idea that the lamp was in reality a Djinn chronolier aka genie lamp.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Prisoner of Poseidon (Villain's Love #2)
  • The Silver Pear (The Dark Forest #2)
  • Witch Upon a Star
  • A Kindled Winter
  • Solar, Defeated (Mythos, #1; Oracle of Delphi, #2.5)
  • Inevitable (Love and War #1)
  • Falling for You (Second Chance, #1.5)
  • Nearly Undone (Nearly, #3)
  • Temptation by Fire
  • The Merchant's Pearl (The Merchant's Pearl Saga #1)
  • City of Fae (London Fae, #1)
  • Caught in the Glow (The Glower Chronicles, #1)
  • Taken Hostage by Kinky Bank Robbers Boxed Set (Taken Hostage by Kinky Bank Robbers, #1-3)
  • Cupid
  • Irresistible Lines (Blurred Lines, #5)
  • Water So Deep (Water So Deep, #1)
A. Star is a fan of dirty passion. She loves to read it, and she damn sure loves to write it. She is the author of the Mythos: Gods & Lovers series, the Djinn Order series, and the Knights of the Joust series. She is a night-owl and a coffee junkie, and the only sneaker she would be caught dead wearing are Converses.

The Djinn Order (4 books)
  • Dream Of Me (The Djinn Order #2)
  • Yearn For Me (The Djinn Order #3)
  • Burn For Me (The Djinn Order, #4)