Start by marking “Lost Bear (Bear Mountain, #5)” as Want to Read:
Lost Bear (Bear Mountain, #5)

Lost Bear

(Bear Mountain #5)

Dave Yeager is the deputy in Bear Mountain, and the only human in town who knows about the shifting abilities of the sheriff and his friends. After watching yet another couple mate, his dreams for a family resurface, and loneliness sets in when he’s reminded he may live out the rest of his life alone.

Emma Thompson, after being jilted one too many times, has been living in
Published January 4th 2015

To ask other readers questions about Lost Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost Bear

Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters
Bear Mountain Series Book Five: "Lost Bear" by Ruby Shae...

3.5 Stars!!!

This was the last book in this series. Each book was super short and cute with the heroes, sexy and protective, while the heroines were insecure and lonely. I enjoyed this whole series. These are great stories if you're in the mood for a quick read with sexy alpha heroes with light suspense and a small amount of angst. They are all around sixty-five pages.

This story is a bit different from the others but no less romantic. Her
Elizabeth Neal
**2.5 Stars**

His plan to prove to her they belong together was horrible and hurtful. It made me lose respect for him, and up until this point, I'd really liked his character in the previous books. His behavior in this one disappointed me.
Maura
Mystin
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really love this little series of novellas by Ruby Shae. Their lengths are perfect for a lunchtime read. The characters have just enough depth that you do care what happens and the plots are simple but not boring. Lost Bear was a wonderful feel good story that lightened my beige, number crunching work day. The price I paid for this novella versus the apple pie slice I had considered, well... my waist line and my heart was happy with the purchase!
gwen shrake
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cute love story.

Emma wants to find her true mate. She has played at love and lost before. She is convinced that all men are the same. They say they love her but then leave her. She meets a guy and decides to just be friends with benefits. Is this new guy for real? Emma has issues with her weight and thinks all men want sex and no attachments. Is she right or is the genuine thing. Lots of hot sex in the Novella.
Leslie
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good reading.

I was glad that Dave got a story of his own, and was mated to a female bear shifter. He was such a strong character in the other stories, and Emma was just perfect for him. I loved her plot to try to stay unmated and Dave's reaction to not only the friends with benefits plan, but to Emma's attempt to set him up with Lyntte. This was a very good story and I am looking forward to reading more by this author.
Maggie Baumann
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
A must read series!

What a great conclusion to the series! This was a great series to read! In each and every book, the story was different every time. In some cases of short series, the story is the same over and over again, but the author in this case does a very good job of making each story different! I look forward to reading more from this author!
Mercy Bordeaux
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the interaction between man and bear. Just like the other Bear Mountain stories offered something a little different in the struggle that each character faced, book 5 was no different. Emma was a totally lovable character and I can totally visualize her blonde curls and her stubborn attitude. Well done! Can't wait to read more from Ruby Shae.
Judith
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lost Bear

Emma is a bear shifter who hasn't shifted in ten years. She has been in the forest of Bear Mountain watching Dave. They are drawn to each other but Emma doesn't believe he will remain faithful. Great book.
Kelsey Polk
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awww Emma and Dave

Loved this series. The stories were to short lol I want more. They are complete stories no cliff hangers but you fall in love with the characters you never want it to end.
Tammy Nitschke Sokol
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh! I didn't want my visit to Bear Mountain to end...

:-( I didn't want my visit to Bear Mountain to end... Such a wonderful series! So fun, so vivid with people, and how a group comes together and melds. In this one, a deputy finds his future... Well worth reading!
Cindy finch
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved books 1-5.....awesome reads. I loved all the characters and the story lines .

I loves all the books in the series. They have it all humor,danger and hot sex plus hot men and ladies with curves.......great reads
Grisel
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lost

I can't believe its over I loved it so happy that Dave got a mate.
I want to know more about the others will they have babies? What does Sara have?
Thank you so much Ruby wonderful series!
Lorelei
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book

this book was beautifully written, I loved the story. I was sorry for the end I wanted to keep reading more. so definitely recommending the book and the author. they're both fabulous.
Sharon Webb
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!

A wonderful series, can't wait to see if she has more to come later. Fantastic story with love and laughter, sensual with friends and family.
frances dunning
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great series

I enjoyed this series. The stories are short but sweet. Each character bring a little more romance and highlighting the importance of family.
Susan Otto
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LOST BEAR

Stubbornness can create its own challenges when it's comes to love. Another great story in the continuing series about Bear Mountains. I wonder if there be more?
S. Otto
Lela Daniels
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
good reading

Love the series but want more like what they had.Will there be more in this series to come I hope so
Kimberly Walden
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Part of Kindle Unlimited. Love these stories. Didn't like the girl bear as much as the male stories but I couldn't put it down. Hope there are more books to come!
Kelly Thompson
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great series!

I wish this wasn't the last book in this series. I enjoyed it, a d even read all 5 books in a row. Would be a 5 star rating if it was proofread.
Jody
Aug 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Girl shifter!!! But boy does she have issues.
Cheryl Duval
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love that this was about a female bear shifter and I love Dave! Good story - good series!
ValerieC
So. A very short, pleasant read to wrap up a series and leave no hunky guy unmated, and it was obvious this was all this was. Short, boring, no drama... the obligation book.
Connie Barnett
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great story.

Emma was a little overly determined to not get hurt but relented in the end. It does leave me wondering why Sam & Darcy aren't pregnant yet
Darlena
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lost bear

So glad to see Dave get his HEA! He broke down Emma's walls and became her Mate. Emma discovered that a human can be an Alpha.
Rendi
Jan 28, 2015
Rema Williams
Mar 04, 2017
  • Wolf Bite
  • Biker Bear Billionaire (Bear Creek Clan, #5)
  • Hex Gone Wild (Hex and Sex, #2)
  • A Slash of Savagery (Wiccan-Were-Bear #8)
  • Darkest Desire of the Vampire: Wicked in Moonlight / Vampire Island
  • Craving the Alpha: Part Two
  • Mated to the Alphas
  • The Bear's Bride (Mail-Order Mates #3)
  • A Wolf's Desire (The Holiday Ball, #3)
  • Spell of the Predator's Moon (Deadly Mates #3)
  • Simon (Le Beau Brothers, #2)
  • F-Stop (Phoenix Agency, #4)
  • Claimed by the Wolf Kings (Sexy BBW Pagan Holidays, #1)
USA TODAY Bestselling Author

I write sizzling, sexy, shifter romance. Until I find my own tall, muscle bound, alpha shifter…I’ll keep writing about them. Visit my website to learn more about my books (and me!)

Sign up for my Newsletter and stay up to date on all of my book news!

Bear Mountain (5 books)
  • Lone Bear (Bear Mountain, #1)
  • Brother Bear (Bear Mountain, #2)
  • Double Bear (Bear Mountain, #3)
  • Idle Bear (Bear Mountain, #4)