Start by marking “Asimov's Science Fiction, February 2015” as Want to Read:

"'Nanobots ... '" by Joshua Gage
"Perhaps" by J
ebook, Asimov's Science Fiction, #469, 116 pages
Published February 1st 2015 by Dell Magazines

To ask other readers questions about Asimov's Science Fiction, February 2015, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asimov's Science Fiction, February 2015

Erik
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Wasn't a huge fan of this issue - the only story that really satiated my spec fic appetite was Nick Wolven's.

No Decent Patrimony by Elizabeth Bear

A well-written, polished story set in the'default future' of climate change and radical wealth disparity. Story ultimately didn't jive with me. Too tame. It didn't take any risks or explore any new ideas.

Forgiveness by Leah Cypress

A story told from a teenage girl's perspective about an abusive boyfriend who is collared with a pacification device. T
G33z3r
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Three terrific novelettes in this issue:

"Red Legacy" is sci-fi set in USSR during the Cold War, where scientists work to immunize citizens against radiation, and more significantly conduct cloning experiments on the side. Also, Lamarckian genetics trumps Darwin here. It's a really affecting story of clinging obsessively to the past, and the costs. *****

"Rattlesnakes and Men" was barely science fiction and borderline contemporary horror, with just the right touch of humor, as a woman and her fami
George Heintzelman
Jan 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
Nothing special. I most enjoyed "Forgiveness" (Leah Cypress) and "Of Rattlesnakes and Men" (Michael Bishop) -- both of which are social commentary disguised as a story. As was the novella by Nick Wolven, but I didn't enjoy that as much.
Kam Yung Soh
Jan 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
A much better than average issue with a number of fascinating tales by Elizabeth Bear, Eneasz Brodski and Nick Wolven. Michael Bishop's tale, while interesting, is too over-the-top with its tale of a snake-driven cultural that apparently mirrors some aspects of the gun-worship culture in the USA.

- "Rattlesnakes and Men" by Michael Bishop: a disturbing tale of a family who moves into a community only to discover a requirement: that every family must have a resident rattlesnake. A somewhat unsubtl
Username
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: asimov-s, e-book
NOVELLA
On the Night of the Robo-Bulls and Zombie Dancers by Nick Wolven

A few good ideas, but it had to go for "stylish"

NOVELETTES
Rattlesnakes and Men by Michael Bishop
Too blatant allegory
No Decent Patrimony by Elizabeth Bear
Good but the ending felt rushed and coming from nowhere
Red Legacy by Eneasz Brodski
Good! Oppresive, desperate, but solid sf, in an alternate world where Lamarck was right.
SHORT STORIES
Ghost Colors by Derek Künsken
Meh ghost story. I will look for other Kunsken story that
Gerhard
May 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-fiction, 2015, sf-f
I actually have no idea which story the cover illustration refers to. To me it seems like ‘Rattlesnakes and Men’ by Michael Bishop, which is a strange choice, given the brilliance of ‘On the Night of the Robo-Bulls and Zombie Dancers’ by Nick Wolven. ‘Ghost Colours’ by Derek Künsken is also a particular standout, while I was rather disappointed by the muted ‘No Decent Patrimony’ by Elizabeth Bear. Both ‘Red Legacy’ by Eneasz Brodski and ‘Forgiveness’ by Leah Cypess are interesting stories that d ...more
Denise Barney
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Interesting issue. "On the Night of the Robo-Bulls and Zombie Dancers" combined Shakespeare, Wall Street, and sleep--or lack thereof. And looks at the line between genius and crazy. "Ghost Colors" was one of my favorites, maybe because the past anchors me in the present, as it does for the protagonist. "Red Legacy" plays with the obession Soviet biologists had with Lamarck, rather than Darwin & genes. Kind of reminded me of my History of Biology classes. A plus was a poem by Jane Yolen!
Nathan
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
There were a few stories in this issue that I really liked, such as Red Legacy, and Forgiveness. There were a more though that I admit I didn't really understand quite as well as I would have liked to.
Eleanor
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked the Bear story best, the Wolven nextbest. All pretty good, thanks.
Amy Peavy
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I liked nearly every story in this issue. I loved the first story and found the book reviews concise and informative.
Daniel
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
"Forgiveness", by Leah Cypess was exceptional, though not an easy tale to read with its themes. The other stories of this issue I really didn't find too compelling though.
Aaron Bellamy
May 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: science-fiction
A weaker issue, though one with a great cover. Title story 'On the Night of Robo-Bulls and Zombie Dancers' was pulpy fun, but nothing that will stick with me over time.

Mark Wilson
Aug 19, 2018
Joan
rated it it was ok
Mar 06, 2017

Sheila Williams is the editor of Asimov's Science Fiction magazine. She is also the recipient of the 2012 Hugo Award for Best Editor, Short Form.

Sheila grew up in a family of five in western Massachusetts. Her mother had a master's degree in microbiology. Ms. Williams’ inte
“You know, if it took a normal adult human male nine months to have an orgasm, maybe he’d finally get it.” 4 likes