Start by marking “Nevada Mind The Bollix - Part One: A Rockline Novel” as Want to Read:
Nevada Mind The Bollix - Part One: A Rockline Novel

Read Book

Nevada Mind The Bollix - Part One: A Rockline Novel

Is it the end of the line for veteran rocker Geordie Selwyn and for the future of Rock itself?

With its story travelling between 1970's London and New York in the last desperate days of punk-rock to the neon glitz of twenty first century Las Vegas, Nevada Mind The Bollix tells the epic tale of three generations of rock musicians and the secrets and horrors that bind them t
Published December 25th 2014

Jules
Feb 28, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a fast paced story about rockstars, both past and present, and their overindulgent lives of sex, drugs and Botox, along with some other slightly bizarre shenanigans going on.

Although I didn’t enjoy this one quite as much as the first in the series, I did still find it an enjoyable read.

Again, there were some fun characters in this book. My favourite storyline throughout was that of Stan and Franni. I would have loved there to have been more focus on these two, as they were the character
Dianne
May 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
The world of rock, is it on as sturdy of a foundation as it was in the 1970’s or is it time to put away the guitars of old rockers like Georide Selwyn? Take a rocky trip down memory lane, from the 70s to the twenty-first century, across the Ocean from London to the lights and glitter of Las Vegas in Nevada Mind the Bollix Hillary Mortz. Filled with quirky characters, an aging rocker who must defer to his wife and all of the behind the scenes machinations of a world filled with mystery and music, ...more
Angela
Apr 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
LOVE THE TITLE!!!
Nevada Mind the Bollix follows on from Appetite for Corruption and is based on events spanning over the time periods-1970's and 2010's

This book had me alternately chuckling, holding my breath in suspense and cringing at the bad behaviour. It ends a bit abruptly and on a cliff-hanger, because this is part one of a two-part story.

H.M is clearly a huge fan of Heavy Metal/Rock & Roll and has extensive knowledge about the music industry and the huge changes that have occurred si
Book Monitor
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, fantasy, humour
This is the second in the Trilogy and in my opinion you really would benefit from reading the first to get the best out of it.
The story of the Nathen and Selwyn clans and bands, continues, but this time the book focuses around a talent contest searching for the latest, hottest rock star, and a big celebrity wedding that is being planned, both events happening in or very near to Las Vegas.
The characters from the first book are all involved and there are also new people and situations to get to
Chris Harrison
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
There aren't many novels with a line like 'Sebastian Hardwick was bricking it.' Nevada Mind the Bollix takes its cue from the punk aesthetic of the 1970s to bring you a chaotic yarn of beligerent punks, loose aristos, greasy svengalis and posh aliens.

Geordie Selwyn, the epicentre of Hilary Mortz's Rockline novels, is still the knackered old rocker under virtual house arrest; imprisoned by his wife's wrath he sits in his underpants doing jigsaws and rattling around the family mansion like an ineb
Ellen
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book from #TBConFB

This is the second book in the Rockline trilogy. It was good to catch up with familiar characters from the first book like Geordie Selwyn and Terry Macdonald. Also a few new people were introduced. This book gives us a little more background on The Harvesters; where they have come from and their agenda on earth.

The main storyline centres around a "Pop Idol" style competition which is where the new characters are brought in. The story was just the right length a
J. Kahele
Aug 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was looking for something different to read

And I definitely found it here. Never have I read a story that fit the title so perfectly.

There were a lot of characters but the author blended them well into the world of rock and chaos. Her descriptive writing made the characters visual in your mind as you continued the story. I really enjoyed this book.
Anne
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another fun, verging on ridiculous, effort from Hilary Mortz. If, like me, you like a light-hearted read every now and again, and enjoy rock/heavy metal, then the Rockline Novel series will be right up your street.
V.M.
Mar 07, 2015 added it
Still lost in the number of characters/plot in but I just read a great scene in a hotel room with Stan and Franni. This writer perplexes me. When she's writing scenes between the characters, it's dynamic, when she's narrating history, I get lost with all the names and places.
Hilary Mortz
Feb 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: by-mrs-mortz
Emily
Jan 11, 2019
GOOD REVIEWS: Anarchy for Free 1 10 Mar 28, 2015 08:09AM
GOOD REVIEWS: Anyone want to review a freebie? 6 39 Mar 20, 2015 10:54AM

Hilary Mortz is a middle aged rock fangirl who should have grown out of it all a long long time ago.

She runs a tattoo parlour in York, England, with her husband, the artist Paul Mortz.

Hilary is the creator of the acclaimed Rockline Novels, APPETITE FOR CORRUPTION, NEVADA MIND THE BOLLIX and SUNBURST.

She is currently collaborating with the celebrated veteran rock star GEORDIE SELWYN on his long-aw