Start by marking “Hers to Bear (Animal in Me, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hers to Bear (Animal in Me, #1)

Read Book

Hers to Bear

(Animal in Me #1)

Twenty-five and never been kissed, Jenna Raynes is a beautiful woman with a rubenesque figure often overlooked by men. In the mood for a little honey, the sassy new schoolteacher is stopped in her tracks by one growled word from an alpha bear…“Mine.”

Bern Helms’ inner bear catches the scent of his destined mate. His animal’s desire is drawn to her curves, but Jenna is huma
Published January 6th 2015 by Secret Cravings Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hers to Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hers to Bear

Cassandra
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***Received a copy of the ebook for an honest review from the Lovers of Paranormal group

The cover is fierce and sweet all at the same time! Definitely attracts a shifter reader to grab it!!

Okay this is the first book in the series, and it is about 170ish pages. Of course this is a shifter romance, so I’m immediately partial to it as that is my favorite kind of read. This is definitely adult onlys since there are several very steamy scenes.

Okay I
Jeanine McAdam
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, paranormal
Every girl wants her own personal protection team of shape shifters – right? After reading Tamara Hoffa’s “Hers to Bear” I know I do. A lovely and super hot story about a kindergarten teacher falling in love with a bear, who also happens to be one hell of a handsome man. This book is a love story surrounded by action and an interesting bad guy. I recommend!
Joanne Swinney
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hers to Bear 5 stars

Erotic excitement in the paranormal world of shifters. WOW! When I first started reading this story I knew I would like it, nothing like being transported into a different world, getting lost in the characters. I loved this read, I'm devastated to have reached the end, I want more.
Jenna and Bern are the main characters, actually there is some very strong personalities in this story so I would say Jenna and Bern are part of the main characters. I loved reading about their roma
meghann
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r2r
***I received this book in exchange for an honest review from the goodreads group Lovers of Paranormal (LoP)***

This was the first bear shifter story I've read, and I really enjoyed it. The speed at which Jenna and Bern's relationship progressed gave me a little anxiety, but it made sense for the length of the story. I think if the book was longer, I would have enjoyed more hesitancy on Jenna's side. How would Bern have reacted if Jenna wasn't open to the whole "mates for life don't try to fight
Nickcole
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: asked-to-review
I received this copy from the Lovers of Paranormal Group in exchange for an honest review.

Stars: 3.5

Overall: Shifters are out in the open and Jen has moved to a new town where shifters live to become their new Kindergarten teacher. She has a love of paranormal, so she greets the new changes with enthusiasm. One day after school she goes to the local market to pick up honey when she hears a growl and a very sexy voice saying MINE! At first she thinks he is talking about the honey, but it turns ou
Jen
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story takes place in a world where the shifters and humans work and live together. This story is about Berd and Jenna, Bard is a grizzly bear and the leader of his clan. Jenna has just moved to this little town to be kindergarten teacher. They meet at the local store and right away the connection is made and sparks are flying in all directions. The love between these two characters is overwhelming and so so sweet!

While things in town seem to be going will, hidden enemies are lurking in the
Diane
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this shifter tale! This is the first read for me by this author but it won’t be my last.

I enjoy a good shifter romance and Jenna and Bern were characters I cared for right away. Jenna was tall, sweet and “never been kissed”. She was excited about moving to a small town and being recognized by name by the local store owners. Teaching Kindergarten to the local humans and shifters was a dream come true. What she didn’t expect was meeting Bern Helms, a handsome bear shifter who imme
Denise
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-goal
** I received this book in exchange for an honest review. Lovers of Paranormal, LoP**

Wow. 'Hers to Bear' was an exceptional read. The storyline pulled me in from the beginning and didn't let me go. Well written. I loved how the story played out. Full of action, romance, some seriously hot shifters and a lot of hot and steamy scenes. Holy hotness. I loved it. The characters were a great cast of personalities and beings. Jenna made an awesome lead. I loved everything about her. Her being a big gir
Tamara
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This is the first book in a brand new series and I so enjoyed creating this new world.
I love these characters and I hope you will too.
Bern and Jenna are enchanting and Hers to Bear is full of action, adventure, humor, and lots of heat!
Erika (OwlwaysReading)
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
***I received this book in exchange for an honest review (LoP or Lovers of Paranormal)***

Warning: This is an erotic paranormal romance

Hers to Bear was a difficult book for me to rate. Having read a lot of paranormal books, I know what storyline formula I prefer (Jennifer Ashley has it down pat). When I started reading this book, I didn’t realize how short it would be and found myself frustrated with how fast things were progressing. After realizing that Hers to Bear was only 165 pages,
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Reviewed by Kim
for Read Your Writes Book Reviews

I loved figuring out the fantasy world Tamara Hoffa has created for her Animal in Me Series. The small town of Honey Corners, West Virginia where werebears, humans, and wolves live is the perfect setting for Hers to Bear. The hero and heroine of this story are likeable and endearing. Add to the mix a slew of secondary characters and you have the making for a wonderful story and series.

Werebear and clan leader, Bern Helms comes off as being an insan
Spunky N Sassy
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star, 5-star
SNS Rating: 4.5

~~~~~~~~~~Dee's ★★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This is the first Shifter story that held me captive, so very exciting! Learning about the customs and ways of Bear Shifters was curious, interesting and very entertaining. There is a group of humans with a private hidden agenda against the Shifters that brings mystery and an undercurrent of danger and intrigue to the plot. The great confrontation near the end was filled with tension, fascination and edge of your seat drama. Love this book! I
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bears, and Wolves, and Mates..OH MY!!! You can never go wrong with a hot and sexy shifter book and let me tell you, this one did not disappoint! I absofreakinlutley loved this book! This was a really fast read and I could have kept going and going! I am chomping at the bit to get my hands on number 2, number 3, number 8, number 72 etc. etc. if they are as well written as this one.

This was a multi point of view book that had a great story line, great characters, hot sex, and a lil bit of everythi
Margaret
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and loved the world that Tamara Hoffa created. Not only was there a fun love story between Bern and Jenna, but the mystery and suspense when the kidnapping occurs kept this story moving. I loved the secondary characters as well, and can’t wait to learn more about Martin and the Doctor, as well as Sebastian and Alice – I just know there is going to be a great story with that one!

From Bern’s first line – “I am Bern, and you are mine” – it was clear Bern was going to be
Claudia
My first book from Tamara Hoffa was interesting.

I like the slightly different approach towards shifters - the shift to animal was magic instead if limbs and body painfully changing.
All other features, characteristics were the same so I was waiting for the story to pick up and captivate me.
That didn't really happen because after the Bear and the Girl met and the usual "Mine" was issued Bern and Jenna's story failed to move from the high school level.

Jenna wanted things to go slow and get explanat
D Thomas
Hers to Bear (Animal In Me Book 1)
by Tamara Hoffa

Fantastic! I absolutely loved this read.

Some might say that the emotional feelings are made known to soon, but we are talking fated mates here! If it is meant to be..then so be it. Life is to short (for us humans at least). Sometimes you just have to face it, own it and jump in feet first.

Anyway, this book has a lot going on. Not to much to keep track of, but there are no lulls in the storyline.

Jenna is a wonderful character. Not all wishy washy,
Sweets Books

3 cupcakes

Jenna is a school teacher looking to fit in. She felt out of place in her hometown being 6 ft and plus size, so she set out to find a place to fit in. She found Honey Corners, a bear shifter community. She loved it. The kids were great the people very welcoming and she wasn't sticking out. One day after class she decide to make honey cakes for her students. She walked to the market and stood in front of the honey trying to decide which honey to buy. Orange blossom sounded amazing so sh
wanda flanagan
Mar 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr-nauba-r2r
I was given and copy of this book by the author and the Goodreads Lop group in exchange for an honest review .I absolutely loved everything about this book .Jenna is a human school teacher living in a shifter town and Bern is the bear Clan leader. They have a chance encounter in the store one sniff and he knows he's found his mate .I loved following along on their journey to a HEA .The dialogue between these to was great and all of the characters in this story had a strong presence I hope to see ...more
Cheryl Duval
Mar 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exchange for an honest review from the “Lovers of Paranormal” Group on Goodreads.com

I am a big fan of bear shifter stories and this story did not disappoint me, I enjoyed it very much. The fact that werewolves were involved was also a plus.

I liked Jenna very much, and I especially enjoyed her relationship with Alice, her best friend. Their conversations and the "girl code" were very realistic. Alice is a snarky, wise cracking, tough girl type with a soft spot.

Bern is a st
Heather andrews
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Bern I loved him, "I am Bern, and you are mine," he said. She took a step back and a low growl escaped his throat. His bear didn't like their mate backing away from them." Jenna and Bern argue about the strangest of things:
"You know it's the man's sperm that determines the sex of the child?" Bern intoned sagely.
"And you know I can close up my legs and say this station is closed for business, right?" Jenna snipped."
Bern sometimes doesn't realize the state of his undress, "when he finally pull
Bex 'n' Books
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Rainee P
Disclosure: This e-book was provided by the author in exchange for an HONESt and not necessarily positive review.
3.5 Stars

This being my first paranormal romance novel, I was quickly intrigued..yet also quickly lost. For a beginner to this genre, I felt I had many unanswered questions during my reading. Some history about shifters and their origin, their clan/pack traditions or customs, and esp more info on HUNTS would have been nice.
All in all it was a good read, but I felt
Irma Lero
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so much fun to read. I enjoyed how Jenna refuses to take Bern's word of her being his Mate. As a human she needs to be wooed. Their chemistry is undesputible and Bern is more than willing to romance her and convince her that she is his fated mate. I loved the twist with the Wolf Alpha Sebastian and the bond needed to ensure safety between the Bears and the Wolfs now that Cubs are being kidnapped.
Looking forward to the next book
V.L. Locey
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I enjoy a good shifter tale with some sexual bite and Hers to Bear delivers!

The characters are fun, the plot is tight, and the world that these shifters live in is nicely handled. There are some tense moments as a kidnapping plot is uncovered and the story builds quickly and dramatically from there. And the sex scenes are hot, hot, and let`s toss in one more hot just because the bed play was that smoking. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series!
Rochelle
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I really really enjoyed this book. I loved the concept, the storyline and the characters. I did however find bits of the story rushed and a little too unbelievable in parts but it was interesting and there was lots of information. I'm looking forward to book 2!
Beverly Ovalle
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is by far my favorite tale of Tamara Hoffa's. Humor and shifters and a wonderful romantic tale. Bern shows his origin by the inflection and the turn of phrases he uses. The personalities of Bern and Jenna shine in this must read Bear shifter tale!
Maggie Baumann
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So good!

OMG!!!! I have just finished his book and already I'm dying for the next Book of the series. It will blow your mind. It was so much fun and all of the characters you will absolutely fall in love with!!
Karen
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
I loved this book and I'm also a sucker for bear shifters! I sat up late last night until I finally couldn't keep my eyes open and finished it first thing this morning. Now I'm looking forward to Book 2!
Shadi ***save your ratings use disclaimers**
A lot of potential but the style of writing is excessively wordy. Basically every thought and action was told about. I wanted to finish but found myself skipping whole paragraphs and pages.
Tara
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015-reads
Jenna is the new teacher in a shifter town and Bren is the the clan leader of the shifters. One run in between them and Bren knows Jenna is his mate, now all he has to do is convince her. >_<
Julie Dalglish
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
another great read from Tamara Hoffa. loved the story and characters. I can't wait to see where this series goes.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Lovers of Paranor...: This topic has been closed to new comments. R2R {634} Hers to Bear COMPLETED 38 90 Mar 26, 2015 01:58PM
  • Warrior (Wolves of Angels Rest, #4)
  • Alpha's Truth (Fallen Alpha, #2)
  • Sanctuary
  • Jordan's Misunderstanding (Denver Pack, #8)
  • Becoming Blood (The Becoming, #3)
  • Desert Wolf (The Wolves of Twin Moon Ranch, #1.1)
  • Beneath the Broken Moon: Part Two (Broken, #2)
  • What a Wolf Wants (Black Hills Wolves, #2)
  • Wanted (Devils Point Wolves, #3)
  • Resisting the Cougar (Cascade Shifters, #2)
  • Witchy Wolf
  • Furever After
  • The Alpha's Daughter (The Wolvers, #3)
  • When Lightning Strikes (Credence Curse, #2)
  • Claimed by the Wolf Kings (Sexy BBW Pagan Holidays, #1)
  • The Blue Eyes Trilogy Complete Collection (Blue Eyes, #1-3)
My best friend calls me “her Fairy Godmother,” but I feel more like Cinderella. After over twenty-five years of living a typical life, I now live my dreams and I create them too.

Nothing is better than creating a brand new world from a blank piece of paper. Breathing life into characters and watching their stories unfold—I am truly blessed.

I live in on eight acres in middle Tennessee with my husban

Animal in Me (4 books)
  • Bear Hearts (Animal in Me, #2)
  • Grin and Bear It (Animal in Me, #3)
  • Howl Sassy (Animal in Me, #4)
“What the hell do you think you’re doing going and getting yourself kidnapped? You almost gave me apoplexy!” “Well, excuse me Queen of the World. I’m so sorry I inconvenienced you!” 1 likes