Start by marking “ব্যোমকেশ সমগ্র” as Want to Read:
ব্যোমকেশ সমগ্র

ব্যোমকেশ সমগ্র

(ব্যোমকেশ #1-33)

Byomkesh Bakshi (Bengali: ব্যোমকেশ বক্সী) is a fictional detective in Bengali literature created by Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay. He is one of the most famous detective characters in Bengali literature. This book contains all of his stories in one volume, including one incomplete story.

শরদিন্দু অমনিবাস (প্রথম-দ্বাদশ খণ্ড) গ্রন্থে সঙ্কলিত শরদিন্দু বন্দ্যোপাধ্যায়ের যাবতীয় রচন
Hardcover, Large print, 1008 pages
Published May 1995 by আনন্দ পাবলিশার্স

To ask other readers questions about ব্যোমকেশ সমগ্র, please sign up.
Prosenjit Ray i want to read book of goodreads.
but i don't no how to read
…more
i want to read book of goodreads.
but i don't no how to read
(less)

Start your review of ব্যোমকেশ সমগ্র
Susmit Chatterjee
Sep 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
There had been and perhaps always will be comparison between the two most famous detective series in Bengali.Feluda and Byomkesh....both are masterpieces and simply unputdownable...But the fact remains that this two series are different in their own ways..While the central character Feluda is someone who is a genius,Byomkesh bakshi appears to be a next door guy. The time-period in which the plots are set is also different. Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay, the author is heavily influenced by Sherlock Ho ...more
Sudipta Barman
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: good_novel, detective
I read it at the age of 15. And believe me, it was an epic journey to experience. Each and every story has a great plot. The stories are not that typcal detective thriller types but also contain social structures and human natures as well. Byomkesh is a famous detective of Bengali. But if you haven't read it yet, then you are missing a bunch of masterpiece. Just give it a try, you won't regret:-)
Farhan Hamid
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hasnaeen Rizvi Rahman
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the bestest work of fiction in the genre of mystery and crime detection by any Bengali writer. Absolutely world class. Far better than Feluda or any other similar series. Highly recommended.
Rabiraj Banerjee
It was March of 2007, after end of my final term in school I came back and picked this book and what a journey I had. Starting from Satyanweshi(Finder of Truth) to the unfinished one Bishupal Badh(Killing of Bishupal) , each and every baffling and puzzling mystery is solved by Byomkesh Bakshi using sound analytical skills and every event is chronicled by his friend Ajit Banerjee.
Swaprava Nath
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first detective story series in Bengali, and the author made it awesome. Literally it's difficult to leave without ending the story.
Ishani
Each of the stories is better than the other one. I have read and re-read the entire collection more than once and never got bored.

It’s only the thrill and the mystery but also the language and literature in it. Author has depicted the background of the place and people beautifully in the midst of and without diminishing the core character of the stories.

Recommended for everyone who loves detective novels.
Jaydeep
Nov 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
The sleuth who disliked being called a 'detective', and much preferred to be thought of as a satyanweshi — that is, a seeker questing above all for truth. Unlike those of his ilk who investigate crimes in uniform, Bakshi's first priority was not to apprehend the criminal and bring him to justice; his primary motivation was always to unequivocally unearth the truth in any given conundrum.

The Byomkesh stories and novellas the author wrote are essentially cerebral. Bakshi would never, ever be found
শবর (Shabor)
Dec 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Senior-most modern Bengali detective character- Byomkesh Bokshi! Created by Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay, in the shadow of Sherlock Holmes, Byomkesh is a young Bengal lad who, along with his writer friend Ajit, runs private investigation in old Calcutta. To be honest, his stories are less violent or adventurous like others, but more social. This is of course adult mystery fiction. After all, a great treasure of Bengali thriller genre.
Denim Datta
Feb 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The best detective character created in Bengali Literature.

Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay is no doubt a great writer. The plot, story-telling everything is too good :)

Byomkesh and Feluda : if you are Bengali, and you didn't read these, then it will be some wonder :/
Kazi Hirok Al-Arafat
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
A different approach to the Bengali detective genre where the protagonist is a married, family man! The stories are quite fascinating. But towards the end(the last few stories/cases), the writing gets noticeably repetitive, IMHO. But nevertheless, a fantastic read.
Fahrin Islam
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One of the awesome-est detective books I have ever read !!!!
Tridib Ghosh
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I need to write anything about this book. This timeless classic will live as long as bengalis will live.
Russell John
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant writer, sad that I haven't come across his novels before.
Tabassum
Nov 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bangla
I like the idea of married detectives! ^_^ সত্যবতী is an awesome character! Wish I knew what happened to their son.
Adrija Banerjee
May 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Nice detective book .....
.Feluda and Byomkesh....both are masterpieces and simply unputdownable...But the fact remains that this two series are different in their own ways..While the central character Feluda is someone who is a genius,Byomkesh bakshi appears to be a next door guy. The time-period in which the plots are set is also different. Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay, the author is heavily influenced by Sherlock Holmes and followed the same second person narrative, Ajith in place of Dr. Watson..H
Rituparna
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Byomkesh is my favourite detective character even above Sherlock Holmes.
The element that distinguishes Byomkesh from any other detectives is the plot, "modus operandi" and the simplicity of the man.
He is just another family man with wife, kid and friends with regular crisis. Yet he becomes something else while solving a case. A person much more than a father, friend, husband even a detective, he becomes a better person. The perspective of Byomkesh Bakshi is beautifully portrayed. There had been
Riya Ghosh
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some people love Feluda and some love Byomkesh, for me it doesn't work I enjoyed both in different way. I can't compare them with each other. And obviously the type of crime is darker than Feluda series (for kids and young adults) and there's more male female psychology and relation you can see. Good characterization and plot that makes me love saradindu Bandhyapadhyay's writing
Shagufta
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really felt Byomkesh's character could have been lifted up a bit more. I mean after reading Sherlock Holmes and Feluda series, this was a bit of disappointment. Others might disagree though but overall this was an "OK" read.
Tapabrata Nath
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic
Barnika B
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best bengali detective series....My all time favorite
Antik Saha
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
loved the collection
Anupravo Bhaumik
Feb 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of the exceptional work which truely represent the ultimate " Bangali Goenda". I started growing up loving Feluda but ended up mesmerized by Bomkesh
Aanica Zulfiquar
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A truth seeker can have family, can love. This is what makes Byomkesh a bit more realistic than the others! He's matured, he has own style. And Ajit is a true companion.
Arnab Das Gupta
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
1003 #pages that has 33 chapters, means 33 different thrilling stories penned by one of my most favorite writers #SharadinduBandyopadhyay
Redwan Hasan
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome detective book in Bangla, I'm not gonna compare this with Feluda, they are different and totally unique, no one's gonna feel any repetition or anything similar in these two series of stories. I have read this book multiple times and it never failed to amuse me. Quality of writing is absolutely amazing and it is very hard to stop reading it once you have started.

So another fantastic read for Bangla detective reader.
Subrata
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Masterpiece! Best detective stories ever written in Bengali language!

"Byomkesh Samagra" means "Byomkesh - Complete Collection". There are 33 stories (one incomplete) in this magnum sized 1008 paged book, but it certainly made me sad when I completed it, as there are no more unread byomkesh stories now by me :(
Ajanta
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
when i am 13years old i started reading this book. this is a gift from my uncle. i love this book very much. i love bomkesh's, the hero detective better said sttyanewashi, way of talking and tackling the cases. being a detective he is a good friendly and very much easy going person. this book is an experience for everyone.
Sanchari
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BEST BENGALI DETECTIVE BOOK. I HAVE READ THIS FOR THE SECOND TIME AND I CAN TRULY SAY I AM OBSESSED.
Somyajeet
May 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A great book to read. Bit long but I enjoyed each and every story. It's sad that the writer died before completing the last case. Anyway hats off to the writer for giving us such a great characters in Bomkesh, Ajit and others.

• চাঁদের পাহাড়
  • সেরা সত্যজিৎ
  • Those Days
  • Devdas
  • Abol Tabol: The Nonsense World of Sukumar Ray
  • দেবী (মিসির আলি #1, দেবী #1)
Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay (Bengali: শরদিন্দু বন্দোপাধ্যায়; 30 March 1899 – 22 September 1970) was a well-known literary figure of Bengal. He was also actively involved with Bengali cinema as well as Bollywood. His most famous creation is the fictional detective Byomkesh Bakshi.
He wrote different forms of prose: novels, short stories, plays and screenplays. However, his forte was short stories and

ব্যোমকেশ (1 - 10 of 33 books)
  • সত্যান্বেষী