Start by marking “Shifter (Supernaturals, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shifter (Supernaturals, #1)

Shifter

(Supernaturals)

Life lesson number one: Never anger a powerful witch.

Too bad Dimitri Sullivan didn’t know the beautiful redhead he met at a bar, bedded, and skipped out on was a witch—let alone a psychotic one who turns him into a diseased-ridden, flea-bitten, house cat; the complete antecedent to his predominate wolf form.

Abby, like most humans, knows nothing about the supernatural worl
Published January 2nd 2015 (first published July 28th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Shifter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shifter

Dianne
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing

From Jennifer Lynn Reynolds ~ Great reading & a Great Giveaway!
#Enter to win one of these prizes: $10 Amazon Gift Card ~ 1 of 5 eCopies of CAPTIVE ~ A Paw Print Necklace!
* Ends April 30, 2018*
* Click on Banner to Enter *

Ah, the evils of alcohol in excess, and the wrath of a jilted witch, for Dimitri, what could have been the purrrfect one night stand has become a curse that just keeps on giving, day after day. Talk about a humbling experience! A wolf shifter, hot guy, shallow ladies’ ma
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Book – Shifter
Author – Jennifer Lynn Reynolds
Publication Date – July 30, 2014
Type – Stand Alone
Genre – Paranormal Romance
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary copy generously provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

Review
This was a book I just couldn’t put down – it held my attention from beginning till end and there were so many things that touched my heart with the main characters in this book.  I found myself laughing, crying, feeling, cheering and so much more.

I was surprised…so
Monique
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shifter was an enjoyable read! The story's premise of a guy being turned into a housecat is what lured me in...I was already laughing. The book had a lot of interesting characters, and crazy/bad characters - like Mave - are always entertaining (Nothing like a hot, but psycho stalker witch, right)? I got a feel for and liked Abby, and Demitri - who made a rather cool Maine Coon, when he wasn't one big, hot human shifter - lol.
As the story progressed, Abby became a stronger, more forceful person,
MaRanda
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I honestly love paranormal romance... I love that it just absorbs you into a non-reality that is so much fun.

This starts with Abby and Dimitri. Abby is an overly self conscious woman who comes from a past very abusive relationship (so her self doubt is completely understandable). Dimitri is a gorgeous shifter who ends up bedding a witch who is beyond ANGRY that he didn't fall in love with her, or even call for that matter! ;)

There's twists and turns, Mave (the sly witch) creates so much trouble
TDCbookreviews
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Amazing!

I love stories like this.

Regular guy has a one night stand.
That comes back to bite him a month later.
Or rather, curse him.

See, he ticked off a pretty powerful witch. Now he's a cat, and sent off to a shelter.

Abby is in the mood to add a second cat to her home. She goes to the shelter and finds this adorable one that happened to be dropped off that morning. If no one claims him, then Abby can keep him.

Told from both perspectives of both Dimitri and Abby, this book tells the story o
A.L. Vincent
Jun 11, 2015 rated it liked it
I branched out on this one, it was the first book I've read with a shifter as a character. I usually read vamp novels. What I liked about this book is the realistic characters. They had real-life flaws and weren't over the top as characters in these types of books can sometimes be. The viewpoint of Dimitri as a cat and his frustration at being a typical house cat was humorous and very different. I would read more from this author. I think the Sullivan men could have some great stories!
Loren
I'm torn about this rating. This book desperately needs an editor. There were several instances of the wrong homonym being used and the book had some structural issues. Normally, that would turn any book into a one-star rating for me. However, I did keep reading. The plot was entertaining, if a bit confusing at times. The fact that I kept reading - in spite of the issues - bumped it up another star.
Carmela
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Angela

It's been a while since I've read a shifter story and after finding myself in a book funk I started this with the hope to find something missing in my TBR list of late. What I found was a really enjoyable story and one which was both highly entertaining and memorable.

The synopsis was totally accurate and whilst it made me initially unsure of what to expect (Dimitri as a cat), it worked well and the story captured me right from the beginning.

Dimitri is a shifter. One of three brothers, he is good
Cynthia
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I thought this was an interesting story with lots to get into. I do feel I would have enjoyed it more if I had read it and not listened to the audio. The author does have a wonderful imagination and the story is believable. I did have a problem with some of the curse words at the beginning and thought this was the way the whole story would be. The author does calm that down which make it a more enjoyable listen. The author gives you a story of a one nightstand where the lady isn't happy with thi ...more
Linda
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Abby lives alone and is a single cat owner, but today she has an overwhelming urge to adopt another cat. What she comes home with is a Maine Coon kitten who has just arrived at the shelter. The shelter allows her to foster the kitten because they are sure he is just lost and the owners will come looking for him soon. Abby is a survivor of an abusive relationship and has cut herself off from all but her sister and a few close friends. She works from home and seldom leaves the house. As a result s ...more
Michelle
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I wasn't really sure what to expect with this book, I tried one similar before (different author though same kinda idea) and just couldn't get into it so I'll be honest that my expectations weren't huge. I was pleasantly surprised though cause this really was a great read. I found myself hooked from the start and not wanting to put it down for the most part. Dimitri is pretty much the typical alpha, over confident and pushy at times but its tempered with a dry humour that really helps things alo ...more
Samaris Creech
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Abby is kind of hermit. Though no one can blame her after all that she has been through. She works from home and only goes out to check her mail and run errands. One day she gets the sudden impulse to adopt another cat. Not one prone to follow impulses she is surprised to find herself at a shelter doing just that. Dimitri is a shifter and kind of a player by most standards. One night he messes with the wrong witch and ends up curs ...more
Romance Readers Retreat
Let me start by saying, the first thing that I was drawn to with this book was the synopsis. It was crazy enough that had me thinking it could possible be a great read. As a fan of paranormal romance, I always read with an open mind and pretty much, anything goes.

What we have is a stand alone novel involving Dimitri, a shapeshifter, who is cursed by a disgruntled witch and subsequently turned into a domestic cat. Abby, a virtual recluse with serious self esteem issues, goes to the animal shelte
Elle Klass
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shifter by Jennifer Reynolds is an incredibly entertaining paranormal romance and Margi Stephens voice brings the book alive as she narrates and changes her tone and voice for each character and specific dialog.
It’s set in the southern U.S. I’m not a native born southerner but have spent twenty five years living in various southern states and found the language and innuendos hilarious. For that reason, it had a Sookie Stackhouse feel to it.
Abby is a homebody, even works from home. She suffered a
Jenni Crawford
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am giving this review on behalf of Kats Book Promotions/ Katsindiebookblog. This is such a great, yet funny read all in one. Dimitri, your typical guy that is anything but ready to settle down, finally ran into some bad luck being a little player. He ran into a witch that was pretty upset with the outcome of their night so she cast him into a cat and dropped him off at a local shelter. Abby has had her share of back luck so she has basically become a hermit to her own house, and once in awhile ...more
Nikki Brooks
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Dimitri, out celebrating with his pack, picks up a witch and has a VERY enjoyable night. Pity he didn't check on her mental stability before hand!! The witch, Mave reads more into their one night stand and does not cope well with her rejection and she turns Dimitri into a cat. Leaving him as a mangy moggy at the pound, she hopes he'll be destroyed. With the tiny bit of magic left to him he turns himself into a Maine Coon cat, a pedigree, hoping to be rescued.

Abby, an emotional and physical abuse
Suleika Santana -All About Books
Awesome story! I really loved it!
Loved the characters, even if one was a cat, lol! Of course he is not a cat by choice, Dimitri, one of the main characters gets turned into a cat when he screws up with a witch that is a bit on the crazy side. Dimitri is a shifter but because he is cursed by the crazy witch he cannot unshift out of being a cat but he did have enough power to make himself a better looking cat, one that is a pure breed and he gets adopted by Abby, then the story really begins.
The
Victoria Stolte
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I wasn't sure where this book was going to take me at first but I am so glad I took a chance and read it! Abby according to her sister is turning into "A Crazy Cat Lady" after deciding on a whim to go to her local shelter and look at the cats. She somehow is drawn to a cat that was recently left there. Even though he hisses at her and the shelter is not sure if an owner will come forward she lets Abby take the cat home with her on a temporary basis. Un-beknownst to Abby the cat she just brought ...more
Myrt
Sep 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Myrt's Review

Shifter by Jennifer Reynolds

Never Tell a Witch You'll Call and Then Don't!

Shifter is the second novel by Jennifer Reynolds. It's a delightful paranormal romance told from the perspectives of Dimitri, a shifter, who after a drunken one night stand with a witch who he immediately forgot about the following morning and never called back, finds himself cursed into cat form and left at a shelter and of Abby, a human, who is recovering from an abusive relationship and tends to isolate h
Book Worms  United
Abby was in an abusive relationship that left her with very low self esteem, extremely self conscious and uncomfortable in her own skin. And also with a lot of hangups when it comes to men. My question all the way through the book was, will she be able to get over it enough to believe him when he finally tells her that he loves her? A fun, but emotional story, Shifter will have you hooked until the very end... and leave you wanting more. I would say this is a must read.

The one sided conversatio
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
I really enjoyed Shifter by Jennifer Lynn Reynolds! "Life lesson number one: Never anger a powerful witch." Isn't this the truth! Dmitri Sullivan really p*ssed off a witch and she turned him into a mangy & flea-bitten old house cat. Dimitri can't change from being a cat but, he did change himself into a Maine Coon a pedigreed cat! It is a good thing that Abby found him at the animal shelter and took him home to be a companion for Sebastion her Calico cat. Mave the witch that turned him does ...more
MELODY
Dec 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Reynolds bring it all in this novel - you have shifters, werewolves, witches, and an angel thrown in! Dimitri picks up a witch spends the night with her and never calls again. The witch, Mave is pissed and well a little nuts and turns Dimitri into a cat. Dimitri has enough magic left to turn himself into a Maine Coon Cat - so that they don't put him down after Mave leaves him at the pound.

Abby is the human who adopts him, not knowing what he is. Abby is two years out of a very abusive relati
Jai Brown
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

The one sided conversatio
Theresa Needham fehse
Free book for honest review. juliesbookreview.blogapot.com

Dimitri Sullivan got drunk and went home with a Witch. He promised all sorts of things. Yet next day doesn't remember any of this or that she programmed her phone number in his phone. A month later she shows up on his doorstep crazy as Bat Sh**.
She cursed him as a scrawny flea ridden cat and dumps him in a cage at the local Humane Society. Dimitri is a shifter and turns himself into a pure bred as to escape being put down.
Abby is still re
Paula Harp
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has it all, witches, weres, and shifters! Dimitri got drunk and bedded the wrong woman. He didn't call her which really made her mad! She finds him a month later and she is beyond mad that she hasn't heard from him since the one-night stand he barely remembers. She is a powerful witch and since he is a shifter (wolf) she turns him into a little flea-bitten kitten and drops him off at the pound. He is able to use a little of his magic and turn himself into a Maine Coon cat so maybe some ...more
Sheila Ryals
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Pretty decent book! Dimitri can seem to keep it in his pants while drunk and likes to promise stuff he should not. He ends up bedding a red headed crazy witch. Who tracks him down a month later and turns him into a cat. Abby is a broken woman who has no self esteem what so ever. So when she has an urge to adopt a cat she goes to her favorite shelter and adopts A main coon. Soon His family and Mave are looking for him and turning Abby's life upside down.

Great story and kept me on my toes. Shows
wanda flanagan
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.Shifter Dimitri gets cursed into cat form by the crazy witch he had a drunk one night stand with and gets taken to the shelter.Abby who is somewhat of a recluse after a seriously bad relationship adopts him. During Dimitri's time with Abby he starts falling for her and once Abby finds out her new kitty is more than he seems she starts falling for him as well but things in the paranormal world are never easy and there's that crazy ...more
Brandie Holcomb
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review Done for Hooked On Books

Reviewed for Hooked on Books

This had to be the absolute best paranormal romance book I have EVER Read!!!! I would highly suggest it!

The Cat!!! Oh my gosh the cat has so many secrets! Will Abby ever understand what this cats secrets are? Will she ever see what is in the world around her? The Dimitri ever have the chance to tell his story?

I seriously could not put the book down. It always kept me wondering what was next. What would happen? I don't read paranormal v
Vicky
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book by the author for an honest review. I love this book! It is funny, hot and gripping. The characters are very complex. Dimitri is this hot shifter that has ended up on the bad side of a psychotic and enraged witch who turns him into a cat, dumping him at an animal shelter. Abby is a woman who has been physically and mentally abused in the past. She takes him home. Crazy witch shows up trying to get the cat back. Abby meets Dimitri's brother and has a date with him. He gets t ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jennifer Lynn Powell Reynolds is a native of North Alabama.
Jennifer has a Master of Fine Arts degree from National University and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of North Alabama.
Writing has always been a large part of her life. In high school, her local newspaper published a large number of her poems, and she won numerous poetry and short stories awards. Since high school, she ha

Supernaturals (2 books)
  • Outcast (Supernaturals, #2)