Start by marking “Accidental Valentine” as Want to Read:
Accidental Valentine

Accidental Valentine

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  23 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Falling in love on Valentine's Day is the happiest of accidents.

Guiding Hearts by Claire Gillian

Published February 13th 2015 by Roane Publishing (first published February 4th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Accidental Valentine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Accidental Valentine

Veronica ⭐️
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rp, 2015, bingo-2015
Guiding Hearts by Claire Gillian
Jemma’s last romance had left her heart in tatters and she was determined not to truly trust a man again. Gabriel spent his time alone in his apartment cooking scrumptious meals but had no one to share them with.
A seemingly possessed GPS system would bring these two together. One with a broken heart the other simply broken.
This was a nice romance that developed over time. I liked the notion of the GPS with a mind of its own.

Better Latte than Never by Katrina Size
Echo Shea
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Valentine, My Valentine
Guiding Hearts by Claire Gillian
I enjoyed this story--it had a dash of mysticism and it actually dealt with a serious issue. It took some time for the characters to get to know each other, rather than the whirlwind romances I'm used too. The one problem I had is that I figured out the plot halfway through and got irritated that the heroine didn't do the same. Also, the mysticism had me questioning once or twice whether there was something missing or not. This did not stop
Claire Gillian
Jan 02, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm biased, first of all, because I have a story in this one, so no rating or review. I don't do those and especially not for my own books or anthos. But... my hat's off to my fellow authors Wendy, Katrina, Jaylee and S.L. I thought it coincidentally cool that most of us were West Coast based. Katrina is our lone East Coaster to keep it spicy and interesting.

So anyway...even though this one has a Valentine's Day theme, I'm pretty sure Cupid is busy 365 days of year, and 366 every fourth year, an
Michelle
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
A little sweet and defiantly spicy, this anthology has a lot to offer. Although I enjoyed the first couple of stories the second half of the book is what made the anthology for me. Each story is well written and has engaging characters with budding romances.

The first two have a warm heat level, where as the last three get hotter. The plots, although all around Valentine's day are all original and fun. An odd little GPS, Coffee shops, architecture businesses, hot angels, museums - seriously all
Jaylee
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
The Accidental Valentine Anthology is a wonderful mixture of stories to please every level of romance reader from sweet to explicit. The story lines are unique in their approach to finding love. A nice read to inspire the love in all our hearts on Valentine's Day.

Jaylee Austin
Terri Rochenski
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So I decided to read each story and jot down my thoughts immediately after. Here goes…

Guiding Hearts by Claire Gillian 5*

Ms. Gillian has a great way with words. Eloquent, yet simple, her writing drew me into this story as though I was there beside Jemma seeing, smelling, and tasting everything she did. LOVED Gabriel’s back story, and how we’re given hints rather than an info dump of his issues.

A perfect blend of sweet romance and a hint of magic left me feeling satisfied. For the most part. My g
Sheryl Winters
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: keeper
A short word about this Anthology. Seldom do I find all believable characters in each story of an Anthology. There is always a story where I feel the characters don’t “jive” with my imagination. Leaving me with that flat feeling.

I did not have that problem with this series of short stories.

Guiding Hearts by Claire Gillian

Gabriel was a drool worthy stay at home kinda of guy. A cook that loved to be creative in the kitchen. A GPS that malfunctioned and an ending without a insta-fix. (I hate that)
Wendy Sparrow
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Since I'm one of the authors, I'll skip reviewing my own.

Guiding Hearts by Claire Gillian - I think I liked this one the most, possibly because I empathized with the characters' flaws. I can't say why without major spoilers, but this was an interesting story--nice and deep. I thought the heroine should have picked up on what was happening sooner, but that's just me. Loved that the hero was a foley artist also...one of my favorite career choices of all time.

Better Latte Than Never by Katrina Siz
Sharon Hughson
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Yes, I have a story in the anthology. No, I'm not going to review it. Here are my thoughts on the other four stories:
Guiding Hearts by Claire Gillian
I enjoyed this story. It had enough of a whimsical feel to it – with the matchmaking GPS – that I kept reading to the end without stopping.
I didn't feel like the characters were very well-drawn. A few important facts were thrown our way, but not enough for me to believe their motivations.
It is the only story that takes place over the scope of a yea
Lynn Burke
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Guiding Hearts by Claire Gillian 5*

Cinta
Feb 10, 2015 rated it liked it
I got a free ARC of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest opinion.

This book includes five different stories from different authors. Although I only really liked two of the stories, the overall opinion is that it can be an entertaining little anthology for people who are real fans of Valentine's Day. I'm not. I prefer showing love to my husband any other day. But I digress. The book... I found that some of the stories needed more development, which would be solved if they were lo
Kristie Gossman
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: purchase
Aisazia
Apr 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Guiding Hearts by Claire Gillian
Description: Is a lonely woman's GPS sentient or is her subconscious taking her by the hand to help heal a scarred heart? When Jemma Ernst's GPS malfunctions and sends her to the home of handsome and engaging Gabriel Nash, she writes it off as a fluke. But she can't seem to reprogram him out of her thoughts nor her GPS.

I really enjoyed this story, the characters, and the way the author created the "accident" for Valentines. I found myself quickly immersed in the
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Robin
Book provided by Roane Publishing
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Valentine’s Day is almost here and what better way to enhance your romantic side then a few stories to give you some pointers. Well maybe you don’t need them but everyone gets sappy on Valentine’s Day and a few good romances are always an added bonus. As with most anthologies you can’t love all the stories but I will let you in on a secret there is something here for everyone.

I really enjoyed the firs
LLEP  Book Blog
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Accidental Valentine a romance anthology consisting of five short stories.

This is the first time I have read any stories by these authors.

The first short story is by Claire Gillian and is called Guiding Hearts. It is Jemma and Gabriel's story. It is a warmhearted story showing how love can help a person overcome their disability. I really enjoyed this story and found it to be a page turner.

The second-story was by Katrina Sizemore. It was called Better Latte Than Never. This story was Andrew
Annamaria
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Accidental Valentine an anthology . Authors names Claire Gillian, Katrina Sizemore , SL Hughson, Jaylee Austin, and Wendy Sparrow. Date of publication is February 13 2015 and it has approximately 213 pages. It is a romance consisting of four short stories . This is the first time I have read any stories By these authors.

The first so story this by Claire Gillian and it's called Guiding Hearts. It is Jemma and Gabriel's story. Is a warmhearted story showing how love can help a person overcome the
Aisazia

Apr 25, 2017
Karen
Sep 28, 2015
Katrina Sizemore
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Susan
Joy Zaharia
Sep 04, 2015
Cheyenne
Sep 05, 2015
I write smart, witty stories for smart, witty readers.

An Air Force Brat born to southern parents, I've lived all over the place but seem to have settled in the Pacific NW in the Portland OR area. I've been married to the same man for over 20 years and we have 2 teenaged sons.

Reading-wise, I love romance (all genres and heat levels), chick lit, mysteries, and YA (dystopian and contemporary mostly)
More about Claire Gillian