Start by marking “Resentment” as Want to Read:

Re•sent•ment

The act of hating – no, fucking loathing Dean Collins. (Yes, I’m well aware that’s not the actual definition, but it might as well be . . .)

It’s been ten years since we've seen each other and the feelings are still as strong.

I’m not going to bore you with all the details of how our love was once intoxicating, consuming, and perfect.

Because it was . . . until it
Published October 29th 2015 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Resentment, please sign up.

Jennifer Kyle
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
”Our love was once intoxicating, consuming, and perfect ...until it wasn't.”

description

Nicole London delivered an angsty read that showcased a very witty, faced paced writing style. The story starts in the past as the arrogant high school quarterback, Dean Collins makes his final play for Mia Grey. For the past two years Mia has avoided any interactions with Dean.

”…I always do my best to avoid Dean Collins like the plague: I leave the four classes we take together early, never go to pep rallies to chee
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

Resentment, n. : The feeling of disappointment after trusting Dean Collins, the asshole you knew would betray you this book, the clusterfuck you knew would make you rage.

Sometimes it's difficult to pinpoint the precise reasons to explain our intense dislike for a novel. This is not one of those times.

On the contrary, I've yet to find something positive to say about Resentment, if you except the sick fascination that forced me to finish it, to see if it really was that bad (spoiler alert : it v
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
**༻Complimentary Copy༺** Provided by the author "Nicole London" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Resentment
AUTHOR: Nicole London
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: October 29th, 2015

MY RATING:5 MR POPULAR STARS!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

How on earth can this be this authors first book *shakes head in wonder* I shit you not, this book will just grab all those feels out of you and stomp them in the ground, I freaking loved this book, Dean gave me whip lash with him being a douche then not bein
Sheryl C. Nash
SERIOUSLY????!!! The reason for Dean being a DOUCHE was just... DUMB!!!!! Sorry but I HATED his reasoning. No offence to the author as it was a well written book, but I just didn't get it!
Michelle
Nov 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: second-chance
4 Stars!
Mia hates Dean. Dean is the most popular guy at school and the star of the football team. Completely opposite of Mia. Mia has one friend and is not popular. She doesn't go to games or parties. She gives Dean zero chances to talk to her in high school until senior year one day he shows up with her notebook she misplaced. Dean needs help in his English class and Mia agrees to tutor him. They form a friendship that later turns into more.
I loved Dean right away. He was sexy, sweet and he's
Michelle
Nov 12, 2015 rated it did not like it
Radmila
May 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
3,5 stars!
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3 Stars ★★★

This is author Nicole London's first book and I'd like to preface this review by saying that it was a great first effort at writing a New Adult romance that will hold your interest and have you eager to find out why there is so much resentment between the two main characters.

The book is told in three parts, Regret, Resentment and Redemption.

Regret
Dean Collins is the popular football player who has been trying to get the attention of studyworm Mia for a long time now, and manipulat
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

This was my first book by Nicole London and I chose it because I heard it was angsty (it is). And it has a bit of everything thrown it...second chance romance, enemies to lovers and dating the older brother's best friend. It's told in three parts, dealing with things in the past and the present and the various stages this couple goes through: regret (the past), resentment (the present) and redemption (also the present).

The story begins when Mia and Dean are both seniors in high school and
✿kawehi.reviews
Apr 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, nicholebeware
☆ I received an ARC via Give Me Books in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

description

Writing wise, this book was delightfully well written and enjoyable.

Story wise, I liked it in essence.

Character wise, I loved Mia and could sympathize with her hurt and confusion, and why she hated Dean immensely just by reading the plot synopsis. I WOULD HAVE TOO after witnessing the crap he pulled!

And Dean, ugh. Don't even get me started.

description

While in gist, the teenage years can be the most exhilarating and the mos
NMmomof4
2.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I really am torn with this one. I waited a while to post my review, because I needed to think on it a little. I liked the part of the story that took place in high school, but I really didn't like the rest. I hated the reason they broke up, it was hurtful what the H did to the h, and I didn't like the "avoidance is key" mentality for when they were reunited. I would have looked into alternatives right away if I was Mia so I didn't have to be around Dean all the time...
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
I definitely enjoyed this read.
I did found it a tad frustrating with the whole "unknown reason" for Dean & Mia's initial break-up in high school. It was like this deep secret that was right there in their faces, staring them down 10 years later, but not being addressed for whatever reason. It was annoying to have the unknown issue continually brought up and then swept under the rug to deal with another day. Like, you're 28 years old... and this happened 10 years ago... grow up and state the
Didi
3.5 STARS

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, that's not happening asshole."
Loved that quote.

This was a great enemies to lovers story that started out as a more than friends. Mia and Dean are polar opposites; she's the sexy geek, unbeknownst to her, and he's the star quarterback and savior for their high school. Dean spends most of his high school career trying to capture Mia's attention. When he finally gets it, they develop a beautiful and serious relations
Mariℓina
Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-be-reviewed
So excited for this one!!!

1. It's called Resentment
2. It's an enemies to lovers romance (who doesn't love those ♥)
3. It's coming out early summer 2015
4. The hero's and alpha male/cocky cop (a.k.a very sexy:-))
5. The heroine completely hates him (should be interesting)

Book-Bosomed  blog
Sep 10, 2015 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 35%
The H started out as such an outstanding guy/total book boyfriend, then he turns into a complete lying, cheating creep. Knowing it was a second chance romance and they were young, I realized going in that something was going to split them apart, but there’s just no way to redeem an H who acts like he did. I see no point in continuing because the romance is shot. Very disappointing as it’s otherwise written well and the characters were engaging.
Malene
Oct 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

I was very excited to read Nicole London's debut book. The blurb had all the ingredients I like in a contemporary romance. So when I finally got it, I jumped in and didn't stop. Stayed up till midnight.

This was such a good book and I liked the way it was constructed. It consists of three parts. Regret, Resentment and Redemption. The first part is a prologue and the remaining two occurs in the present time.

I loved the two characters, Mia and Dean. Even as their relationship slowly breaks apart. T
San-Dee Keefner

SPOILERS IN MY REVIEW:::

The book was ok.... not great but ok. The fact that he treated her so horribly after he did everything he could to make her go out with him just shows what kind go DB the H was. Then only not even break up with her or tell her he was not going to take her to prom he just goes to prom with another girl and then kisses her right in front of the h. Only to break her heart even more. Does she know why they broke up?? and she doesn't for 10 years! Then she moves out to live wi
Three Chicks
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

If there's one thing I'll never be able to pack away, it's the utter resentment I have for him in my heart, and I swear to god I will never forget how this moment feels. I will never fu#*ing forget...

Mia Gray was a senior in high school with one goal-graduate and get away from her mother. Her mother graduated from Harvard and is determined Mia will follow in her footsteps. Mia wants to be artist, not the finance major her mother has in mind. Dean Collins is the football god th
Alycat27
Oct 30, 2015 rated it did not like it
I hated it. The hero was a total douche and what he did was unforgivable to me.I don't think the heroin did anything wrong and he still had the nerve to blame her for their break up ten years later. It's a contrived mess.
Rejane
Mar 01, 2017 marked it as no-way-jose
This author is definitely not for me. It looks she likes the weak h and the douche guys.

Keya

This was quite a good read. I understand the whole reason for resentment in general. Now, Dean's reason for the resentment was just... not what I would've thought. I was confused throughout out the story. And even after I found out his reasoning I was still unsure and I had to reread some parts again to make sure I wasn't missing something. I don't want to undermine his reasoning but this would've all been sorted out if he simply spoke to Mia about it. Seriously, all he had to do was speak to he
Bev

I'm a bit conflicted with this one. The first 2/3rds of the book was brilliant, I was grabbed from word one and couldn't put it down. Then ... I started to get annoyed with DD (aka douchebag Dean). Even though the author gave a little from his POV it still didn't explain or justify his absolute and utter arsehole actions he pulled not only when they were in school but again and again ad nauseum 10. Years. Later. So, he pissed me off, and Mia .... gah TSTL doesn't even begin to cover how
A_Ryan
So, SOOOO good.... until the big reveal.

This is the story of Mia and Dean who meet in their last year of high school, fall in love, break up, and then, turn their heartbreak and insecurities into one big fiery ball of resentment. 10 years later they must deal with their anger and their broken hearts and try to find a way back to each other.

I love a good love/hate romance. And this book delivered it in spades!! I love-loved it. But I was a little disappointed with Dean's point of view and I'm no
☮ mary

it is an amateurish try at writing some kind of romance ... another romanticized "bully vs doormat" trope.

I really wonder what what N.London was thinking while writing this, because her idea must have been better than this ludicrous, weak plot about 2 teenagers never being able to have a real conversation and acting like complete morons for over 10 years ...

In her head it must have been somewhat powerful & original but on paper it was a sorry lamentation about the lukewarm talent of a newbi
Sheree
Jun 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I've got mixed feelings about this book. I really loved it until I found out the reason why Dean acted like a douchebag and held a grudge against Mia for ten years..... um, seriously? But apart from that and this being Nicole's debut book, it was a good read.

Deserie williams
Nov 01, 2015 marked it as just-not-for-me-stay-away-hell-no
self note: not for me, I have my reasons.(H cheats)
sue
I have had this book for some time. I fancied breaking up my usual reading with some sexy romance. I found that within these pages but I also found an author that writes them very well.

This is written in three sections.
Regret

Redemption

Each section had me hanging on for the next.

It’s not the most perfect of written books, but truly overlooked as I understand this was her very first book.

It’s sad, it’s got its highs and lows.

It’s good.
I’d definitely read more by this author.
Andrea
Oct 28, 2015 rated it did not like it
I was looking forward to reading this book from the great teasers! Unfortunately it did not live up to expectations! SPOILER ALERT...I found Mia and Dean frustrating, unable to communciate which led to a very confusing breakup. When they saw each other again after 10 years, I felt Mia had no self-worth sleeping with Dean again not even understanding why they broke up in the first place! Also pivotal moments were not expanded on as the next chapter was set weeks after. This book was not for me!
Lisa
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Resentment by Nicole London is a debut, stand alone romance. It made me sad to know it was a debut as it meant I couldn't immediately turn around and devour more from this author. This story had everything I love in a story. Second chance romance, bittersweet moments, dual POV's, angst, heat, chemistry. I absolutely loved this. A six star book for me. It was everything I want in a story. Loved it.

• Naked Edge
  • Girl Next Door - The Complete Series (Girl Next Door, #1-3)
  • Star-Crossed
  • Just the Way You Are (Decadence Creek, #2)
  • Touching Down
  • Devotion
  • The Guardian
  • Marriage Meltdown
  • Her Forbidden Risk
  • Off Limits (Sparks in Texas, #3)
  • Checkmate With Bishop (Hellion MC #5)
  • Chase: Complete Series (Chase, #1-4)
  • Demon at My Door (Demon at My Door, #1)
Nicole London is a hopeless dreamer, author of romance novels, and the co-founder of The Indie Tea--an inspirational blog for indie romance authors.

She lives with her husband and their Siberian Husky in Tennessee. When she's not chatting books with her best friend, she's sipping lattes at Starbucks, binge-watching her favorite shows, or planning her next travel adventure.

You can connect with her
“The Past –––––––– (Don't worry...This won't take too long. It never takes a guy that long to fuck things up.)” 2 likes