Start by marking “Charlotte Mason Study Guide” as Want to Read:
Charlotte Mason Study Guide

Charlotte Mason Study Guide

The Charlotte Mason Study Guide is an introduction to Miss Mason's philosophy of education. It contains hundreds of excerpts from Charlotte Mason's six-volume set along with current writings on how to apply this philosophy in home schools and classrooms. This book stands on its own or may be used as a study guide to Charlotte Mason's series.
Published April 1st 1997 by P. Gardner

To ask other readers questions about Charlotte Mason Study Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charlotte Mason Study Guide

Charly Troff (ReaderTurnedWriter)
It was honestly not that great of a read for me, I'm surprised I even finished it. It was too wordy and I couldn't follow the organization of it very well, which drove me crazy. The best part were the quotes by Charlotte Mason.
Amie
Oct 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Sarah Bringhurst
Nov 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: education
A few years ago I was fortunate enough to attend a seminar given by Penny Gardner on the Charlotte Mason method of homeschooling. I had already read every book on the subject that I could get my hands on (including Mason's original books), but Penny's presentation made it all concrete. After listening to her explanations and personal experiences and watching her demonstrate some of the concepts, I could actually picture myself doing narration, picture study, nature journals, etc.

This Study Guide
Ashley Jackson
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
As I went through this book, I enjoyed it more and more. It is ironic to me that the book talks so much of the importance of using original "living" books and yet is a simplified version of Charlotte Mason's texts. Because it is written quoting her works, I found that the book had many repetitions in both the quotes and personal stories of the author. My favorite chapters were on narration and the arts, though I found most of the book very helpful in understanding the philosophy of the Charlotte ...more
Lekeshua
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
Great study guide. I didn't learn anything new but if I need to find something quickly, I can reference this guide for a quick overview and go to Charlotte Mason's actual works to get more information. The more I read Charlotte Mason's works and guides about her work, I wish I would have been taught in this manner and my kids were started out this way in life.
Leighnae
Aug 03, 2011 is currently reading it
Shelves: shelved
i am enjoying this study guide, though there are so many "proverbs" that it's hard to digest every wise nugget. Charlotee Mason has some very good ideas how how to teach children in a "learner led" way. I'm only on page 38 and I have to finish this before the weekend (it belongs to someone else). But i think it's important enough to try and finish before I got to teach in Taiwan!!!
Paula Avanto
I am not done with this book either. I usually pick it up for inspiration the mornings before I begin schooling (since its summer, I have put it on hold until the fall). When I am done with it I will probably continue to pick it up and read every day before beginning our school days.
Lori
Aug 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I loved her opinions of "twaddle" books and the importance of "naration" with the children. It totally works!
Wendy
Feb 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
A study guide based off of Charlotte Mason's teachings on education.
Molly Christensen
Apr 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Good basic overview of what the Charlotte Mason method is all about. Lots of great practical ideas for the "gentle art of learning."
Renée
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: education
Great summary, a good place to start digging into Charlotte Mason's material.
Ladypoet33
Feb 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this. It helped me have an overview understanding of Charlotte Mason Education. I recommend it to anyone who has children living at home.
Leah
Jan 06, 2009 rated it liked it
I am still reading all things Charlotte Mason. This was a good collection of quotes from some of her works- not really anything new from what I had already read.
April Andrews
Feb 22, 2017
Mindy
Feb 05, 2009
Dawn Mcclure
rated it did not like it
Oct 06, 2012