Jump to ratings and reviews

Milayna #2

Milayna's Angel

Now that the battle with Hell's angel, Azazel, has ended, you'd think eighteen-year-old Milayna's life would take a turn for the better. After all, what could be worse than having the angel of Hell trying to steal your soul? Plenty. Abaddon, the demon of destruction, is angry that Azazel failed to convert Milayna before her demi-angel powers matured.

Now she’s untouchable… or so she thinks. It seems even in Hell, there are loopholes.

Not only is her life in danger, but her love life is crumbling, too. Just when Milayna and fellow demi-angel Chay get comfortable on their little cloud of bliss, Xavier comes to town. He's one angel that's as hot as the very embers of Hell, and he has his sights set on Milayna.

Now she has the demon of destruction out to kill her, Xavier out to steal her heart, and she still has to take final exams before she can graduate high school.

Sometimes life sucks, even if you are half angel.

Paperback

First published July 7, 2015

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Michelle K. Pickett

10 books906 followers
Note: Though Michelle's blog entries are cross posted here, she does not frequent Goodreads regularly. The best way to contact her is through her Website or via Email. She can also be found on Twitter and Instagram. She'd love to hear from you, but Michelle's Goodreads Email is NOT monitored.

Michelle is an award-winning YA author... but if you ask her who she really is, she'll answer, "I'm the wife of an amazing man, mom of four awesome kids, a reader of words, and writer of stories. I love candles and books, think garden gnomes are creepy and M&Ms are the perfect food (especially peanut butter). I live and write in Texas, but was born and raised in Flint, Michigan and will always think of the Great Lakes state as home."

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 reviews
Profile Image for Maribel Platypire Reviews.
74 reviews42 followers
December 11, 2015
***I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.***

Milayna's Angel picks up right where Milayna left off. Except now there is trouble in paradise. Specifically, Chay's and Milayna's paradise. Xavier is a new character who is stirring up drama between Chay and Milayna. To make matters worse, Chay isn't being himself, and this causes Milayna to doubt the relationship she has with him.

To make things worse, there's a new villain in town and his name is Abaddon. Of course, he also wants Milayna dead. I think he is a considerable foe, more than Azazel was. However, he does seem to have different methods in carrying out his nefarious plans.

I must say, once Milayna started having visions of someone hurting her with only one person being a constant, I knew it was only a matter of time before something terrible happened. There was good build-up throughout the book to this one scene, but I honestly thought Milayna was stupid for not figuring it out sooner. Then again, she was hoping that her visions were wrong. Her trust in this person is so strong it is inconceivable to her that this person would ever try to hurt her. After the events in the first book, you'd think that she would learn to heed the visions and her gut.

Before I finish, I have to say that Xavier is a butt-face. Why can't the guy take a hint and back off? It's obvious that Chay and Milayna are together, and that she wants nothing to do with him. Ugh. I just hate Xavier. For being an angel, he certainly doesn't act like one.

​4 Platypires!

Milayna's Angel Full Review
Profile Image for Brittany | BookRamblings.
275 reviews36 followers
July 3, 2015
I've been waiting for this book the moment I finished book one and while I loved the continuation of the characters' stories, certain aspects of the novel let my high expectations down.

1.) I started to ship Milayna's new love interest over Chay. I knew throughout the book that whatever was happening had put a strain on their relationship but all that was portrayed was his severe jealousy as well as his act of dumping Milayna for a reason I expected to be worse due to his reaction.
2.) It wasn't so much the fighting as the fights were brilliantly written, but more like the lead up that struck me as not right. The fights were like a childish game they regularly organised and were easily broken up by an innocent call to the police.

Despite these two factors that personally let the story down for me, I loved Milayna's progression, the new character that was introduced as Milayna's guardian (I hope to see more of him in more of Michelle's writing) as well as the new relationship portrayed within the group. I said in book one that I loved the concept that Michelle had put an interesting spin on and I hope that if there is a book 3 it can continue to progress the characters and plot in a way that fits the high expectations book one set. Happy reading :)

**I received a copy of this book, from the publisher, in exchange for a honest review.**
Profile Image for Melissa.
648 reviews14 followers
July 29, 2015
A Great Sequel
I really loved the first book that I read in the series Milayna #1 and so I was very pleased to get the opportunity to read this book. I love paranormal and have gotten really into the angels/demons side of the genre. I found this book to be highly enjoyable and loved the twists that the author weaved into the story. Milyana was already a well developed character and in this book she really shows a lot of growth and further development. The author again writes in such a way that you are drawn into the story and find yourself experiencing it along with the characters. I read the book straight through and can't wait for the release of The Innocent, coming in November. I was given a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Meradeth Houston.
Author 15 books277 followers
September 27, 2015
You know what Pickett has an incredible talent for? I mean, other than for writing awesome books? Creating amazing book boyfriends :) I mean, seriously, every time I read one of her novels, I find myself all swoony over the male lead. It's quite a talent! This second book in the series was a great read--quick and action packed like the first, with a lot more personal turmoil for Milayna. Seriously, the poor girl can't get a break! I loved seeing more of her family in this novel, and the way he events that transpired touched them all. Plus, her little brother is adorable. Anyhow, if you're looking for a fun read, with a breakneck pace and all kinds of fun, this series is one to check out!
Displaying 1 - 4 of 4 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.