Start by marking “Squishy Face and the Moon” as Want to Read:
Squishy Face and the Moon

Squishy Face and the Moon

Squishy face is a little girl in a big world, which often frightens her. Luckily, she has Big Mama to guide her and show her the way. In this book, Big Mama teaches little Squishy Face about the moon.
Paperback, 01, 24 pages
Published December 29th 2014 by Jennifer Oneal Gunn

To ask other readers questions about Squishy Face and the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Squishy Face and the Moon

Lynda Dickson
Mar 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 5+
Squishy Face is frightened when she wakes up and sees the full moon shining through her window. But her mother (Big Mama) takes her fear away by telling her all about the moon, its phases, and its influence on the oceans.

This is an educational book designed to teach young children about the moon and to show them that they can overcome their fears by learning a bit more about the unknown. I can appreciate the author's intentions in writing this book but, unfortunately, it fails in the execution.
Kirstin Pulioff
Mar 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens, reviewed
The author has noted that our first teachers are our parents. I agree whole heartedly. I LOVE this, and I think that this book serves as a good starting point for discussions about the moon, and a bit about overcoming fears.
When Squishy Face is afraid of the moon, her mom takes the opportunity to tell her a story. At this point, it could have gone into a fantasy fable about the moon. I was pleasantly surprised when the story went the scientific route. Good information is presented in an approac
Jennifer Gunn
Jan 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: Everyone
I think this simple take on science taught by a mother, to her daughter, is a good way to start out. Our first teachers are our parents. I made this book for children to read and enjoy.
Miss Meghan's Class
Sep 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2-review
This is a cute story teaching about the moon and, more importantly, science. I love that it is actually dedicated to her daughter, and that the girl (Squishy Face) is created with her daughter in mind. I am not a fan of the artwork. It looks as if a child did it, which works in a book created for children, but at the same time, it's a very roughly put together book. The children liked the story - we read it one night while sitting outside looking at the moon, and they were really excited about t ...more
Marilyn Jang
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very cute read for parents and children alike. If they are curious about the moon, this is a nice book to introduce them to the many phases of the moon.

A paperback copy was provided for an honest review.
Pam
Jan 26, 2015
Karen
Jan 26, 2015
Clare De
Feb 06, 2015
Pamela
Mar 16, 2018
Jennifer Oneal Gunn lives in Missouri with her daughter. She enjoys writing horror and trying new genres.

Her titles include Mystik Legends, Devil's in the Details- Reboot, Fire, Ice & Blood- The Story of Jake and Holly Book 1(Revenging the Evil Series), The Heart of a Woman(Poetry), Squishy Face and the Moon(Children's), and some short reads. She's studied the art of how to write for over twen