Start by marking “George and the Rabbit” as Want to Read:
George and the Rabbit

George and the Rabbit

From the worst-selling author of Home Thoughts from a Man comes a brand new, blackly comic novel.
George is screaming inside and he doesn’t understand why. George’s friend, Frank, has his own troubles--but he also has a new woman in his life, a woman their other friend Matthew is also in love with. But these are nothing compared to the battles George has at work.
Will the ye
Paperback, 1, 196 pages
Published January 26th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about George and the Rabbit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about George and the Rabbit

Spinster
Aug 03, 2016 rated it liked it
George and the Rabbit was a Goodreads giveaway from far too long ago, I really am slacking with my reading. I got there in the end though, and being very late was by no means the book's fault, it was fairly easily readable and a pleasure to read.

Getting swept in took quite some time for me, the beginning was a little weird and the text took some time to get used to, but it got gradually more compelling and by the end I was devouring the last chapters, which is saying a lot considering my current
Bookwormb
May 20, 2015 rated it liked it
It has been a while since I've dived into a book. "you must've been reading the wrong kind of books then, idiot."George would say. No George, this book in particular is very endearing to me.
I have to say that not everybody is going to enjoy "George and the Rabbit" as much as I did or in other words as much as engineers do. Because George condemned pretty much every non-engineering field ever existed (Mickey Mouse degrees ha ha! not that I disagree). I am positive that non-engineer readers will n
Carl Atteniese
Feb 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dan Ogilvie has become one of my favorite authors, if not my favorite. He creates situations in his narratives which allow a yank such as me to exclaim "fuc%in A", in how he has his otherwise unsung hero triumph over those making our lives miserable. What makes his writing better than that of others as is he does this is it makes you laugh out loud at the same time.

Experienced in business, art, history and engineering, Mr. Ogilve is also an expert on international travel and living, so he knows
Alice Mcveigh
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Ogilvie's writing: very understated - yet lethal - dry British wit. NOT recommended if you are a tone-deaf manager who underrates engineers. NOT recommended if you are a person of influence who rides roughshod over people. . . The class issues are subtle but very real. Ogilvie's George is impossible not to pull for. The kind of book that is deeper than it appears. Goes down very easily and very fast, but worth a re-visit. Highly recommended.
Marcus
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I don’t usually read comic novels, especially not black comedy, and so I am probably not best qualified to review this one. However, I enjoyed Ogilvie’s first book, an account of his life and experiences around the world, and I follow the author on Facebook (though we have never actually met), so thought I’d give this a try.

Due to my unfamiliarity with the genre, it took me a few chapters before I started to enjoy the read, but I was soon having fun and finished the book in a couple of sittings.
Manel Azlouk
Feb 19, 2015 rated it liked it
In comedy, there's a very thin line between funny and cheesy. Writers unwillingly cross to cheesy and sometimes all the way to ridiculous. That's why I don't usually enjoy reading comedy but this time I did. The writer was able to stick to funny. One has no idea how rare it is for a comedy writer not to push it to cheesy. For that sir, you deserve a cookie.
I also enjoyed the read because it is based on the true story of the stupidity of management and Marketing departments. Some parts were a bit
Joshua
Jen Zidak
Anamaria021
Rachel Hall
Jan 26, 2015
I was born in Portsmouth on the south coast of England at lunchtime on 7th November, 1957, the same day as the Museum of Modern Art was opened in New York in 1929. I left school at 16, a move prompted by the admission of girls. I have worked as an electronic engineer most of my life, and for about half of that have run my own companies. A vague competence has seen one of my designs feature occasio ...more