Start by marking “Charming Olivia (Geary Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Charming Olivia (Geary Brothers, #1)

Charming Olivia

(Geary Brothers #1)

Charming Olivia is the first of three novels in the Geary Brothers Series

Olivia Gage is a top selling clean romance novelist, but wants to write erotica. Jack Geary leads the lifestyle that Olivia wants to write about. They start talking after a sarcastic written conversation over a review of a corset that he made and a book she wrote.
Over time, they become friends and the
ebook, First, 254 pages
Published January 15th 2015 by GAVON Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Charming Olivia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charming Olivia

Vasiliki
Feb 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

ARK kindly provided by Gavon Publishing via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review.

This is the story of Olivia and Jack. Olivia is speaking on the phone with Jack for over a year but they have never met until now. Olivia agrees to meet him in order to gather information for her next book.

I really loved this story! I have to admit that it wasn't at all what I was expecting but I liked it. It started as a sexy read but it became a really emotional book. The plot has a fast pace and
Raine
NetGalley Review
****ARC was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.****

It was ok

This is a story of Olivia who is a 'clean' romance writer but wants to start writing more erotica books. She meets Jack online. He owns a lingerie company is a major playboy and into the BDSM lifestyle. After a year of chatting, he finally convinces her to spend a week with him so she can learn from him and use the experience to write her erotic books.

There were a few things that bothered me. Jack has his playda
Sissy's Romance Book Review
I received an eARC, from NetGalley and the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.
This is book one in the "Geary Brothers" series. This was a hot, emotional and sometimes tissues are needed. Olivia Gage is a top selling romance writer but her books are pretty 'clean'. Olivia is want to get into writing romance erotic books. Olivia starts a friendship with Jack Geary who commented on a review she had left. When they finally meet the after he talks her into spending a week with him. Things ge
Nadine Bookaholic
For the past year Olivia has been speaking with Jack, either online via his business website, through emails, on the phone, or text messaging him, now she has finally agreed to meet with him in order to get some help with her next book. Olivia is a romance writer and would like to venture into erotica but she has no knowledge of the BDSM aspect she wishes to write about and that is where Jack can help her.

Jack is into the BDSM lifestyle and has been for quite a while, he has many lovers and the
Monique
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received a copy of this book for free through NetGalley

Check it out

I really enjoyed this book and the chemistry between the two main characters was off the charts. The only reason I'm not giving this a 4 star rating is because I felt that Olivia and Jack went from lusting after each other to being madly in love a little too quickly for me. There are some heartbreaking secrets revealed in this as well that give the characters a little more depth.
❤Sana❤
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, arc
That's the strangest happily ever after story I've ever read.

Olivia Cage was a novelist who wanted to write about BDSM but was struggling with the sex scenes. She's been chatting with Jack for over a year. He was the owner of a lingerie company and an A-list womanizer. He invited her to his house to see him in action.

He thought that he would easily take her to bed and teach her the pleasures of sex. But Olivia made herself clear that she was off limits and that was something he never expected.
~Vixhen~
Oct 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Olivia Gage is a mainstream novelist who wants to spice things up by writing erotica. Having no real life experience in the subject, she develops an online friendship with a man whose sexual exploits would make any woman’s toes curl. Jack Geary has a taste for BDSM and is more than willing to fill Olivia’s head with tales of his conquests. He is graphic in his descriptions and that sets her imagination ablaze. If she comes to see him, he’ll show her that he’s very experienced in all things sexua ...more
Lisa Mueller
May 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Wit & Wonder Books
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
***ARC PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW***

Grace Harper was a new author to me but i was quite keen to read “Charming Olivia’ as the club made it sound quite an entertaining and steamy read and that was exactly what it was. 4 stars for this book as i really enjoyed the read.

Malka
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
3.5 STARS
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I have mixed feelings about this book. On the one hand I really enjoyed the characters, and the plot, and the way this story was written, but on the other hand I disliked certain scenes, and felt that this book was very poorly edited, which led to many parts being very confusing.

The Characters: I really thoroughly enjoyed every character in this book. I enjoyed how every character had dimensions to them. But I especial
Maggie
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Sorry to say, this book just did not do it for me. I love a good sexy romance. Graphic descriptions of sex or BDSM scenes don't bother me at all. In fact BDSM romance is one of my favorite genres, but this book just didn't click for me. A good portion of the book seemed to jump from one sex scene to another with little plot involved.

I just couldn't connect with the heroine and I felt that overall the story was weak in the romance/plot department. I found the heroine annoying, and even learning
C.J. Fallowfield
Nov 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first read by Grace Harper and I was thoroughly entertained. Olivia, a best selling author gets into an online friendship with Jack, who is far more sexually experienced than she is. When she decides she wants to brace out to write erotica, she wants to experience some scenarios to make her writing feel real, so Jack invites her to come and stay in his city for a week. During that time, he puts on some sexual displays for Olivia, who is reluctant to get involved in them herself. She watches J ...more
Tish
Aug 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-s
Wow. What a truly heartbreakingly beautiful tale.
Tissues will be needed (I'm sure it's not hormones ;) )
This book sucked me in.
It's like no other book I've read.
Olivia is a romance writer looking to branch out in to erotica.
An well she may have found some one to help her in the most unlikely of places.
Who knew reviews could bring friendship and companionship as well as a ready made muse ;)

Cecily is Olivia's best friend and confidant.
The only person who knows the battle Olivia has been thr
Louise
Aug 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: b-bbb
As shown on Books and Boys Book Blog.

As a straight laced romance novelist Olivia has decided she wants to venture out into writing more of an erotica genre of books. There is a problem though and quite a significant one at that, she doesn't have much erotic experience
Christine Smith
Amanda
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
A different book to say the least. I love how it ended though:) Lots of twists and turns. I am not sure how I felt about the experiences that Jack had her sit through and how if he had feelings for her that he was still able to go through with the experiences anyways.
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
Jennifer Pierson
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Olivia Gage is a best selling author of clean romance, but she wants to change things up and write erotica. The only problem is that she's only ever had vanilla sex. Over the past year, she's become close with an online friend named Jack Geary. And he tells her that until she has experienced erotica, she won't be able to write about it well. So he invites her to spend the week with him, and he'll arrange "play dates" for her to watch, that match the items on her list which intrigue her. Olivia i ...more
Dawn West
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica, romance
**Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for honest review.**

Actual rating: 3.5

Charming Olivia was a pretty good read!

The blurb was enough to peek my interest. They say you should write what you know. Well, our Olivia wants to write erotica and doesn't have very much experience with erotic sex. In comes Jack Geary, a man with a lot of experience with matters of the heart bodies.

From the beginning, there is a mysterious cloud that surrounds Olivia in regards to her
Cristina
Feb 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The truth is that I didn't know the author at all and had never read any of her books. The fact is that this was a different kind of reading but still fantastic!

The story starts by introducing us Olivia, a mature woman who is also a romance novelist for quite some time. One of her goals is to improve her writing style so she starts writing erotic books. However, she lacks knowledge about it. And it's here that Jack Geary shows up.

A
Sherin
Feb 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was not at all what I expected! Grace Harper has a nice writing style and can make even scenes that would have otherwise been unacceptable, acceptable!

Having that said, I sort of knew this book wasn't something I usually read ... but I just wanted to know how someone (a writer, Olivia) can get attracted to a man (Jack) who she wanted to accompany for sex education!

I understand that online connections can be reliable and a year is a good time to judge a person ... at the end of the da
Armenia
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sexy, sweet, and oh so, romantic...

What started out as an intense erotic adventure for Olivia, ended as a very sweet, sexy romance. Author Olivia Gage has decided to start writing erotica, but needs examples, and lots of experience to help broaden her research. Who else can offer that expertise than Jack Geary, the consummate playboy and player.

Olivia’s initial letter to Jack about a corset she bought from his lingerie company has lead to a year long conversation, albeit via texting, one that ha
Jeannie Zelos
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Geary Brothers Book 1,  Grace Harper

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:  Romance, erotica

I’ve mixed feelings over this, as an erotic novel it’s great, lots of hot and steamy scenes but as a romance...well, I felt that part of the story got overtaken by the sex. That's fine for many readers but I need a solid story backing up the sex and didn’t feel I had it here.

I liked both Jack and Olivia as characters, but didn’t really feel their online connections would have been strong eno
Arec Rain
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
I requested this from NetGalley’s erotica section, and boy is it erotica. So much so that it overshadows much of the plot that I almost missed it. While there is a plot, it wasn’t one I was interested in. I am tired of the women with “tragic pasts” that have been hurt in some way.

What I appreciated about this novel is that it shows that people are able to separate love and sex. I think our society is so caught up in the idea that only people who are in love should have sex and if there isn’t lo
Heather 123
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars...

I have so many mixed feelings about this book even days after finishing it. I struggled with Olivia watching Jack with other women. The author wants you to believe that Jack is attracted to her from even before they actually met, yet he doesn't seem to have a problem sleeping with other women right in front of her?

The other part that I struggled with was that Olivia wants to see all this because she wants to write erotic books but she doesn't want to be part of it. If that's the cas
Sunny
Sep 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was not sure what I was going to get into for this book. Olivia had been emailing/texting Jack for a year. I was not sure what to think of this since Olivia is married. I am not a believer in cheating and thought that I was going to absolutely hate this book. There are things that end up getting explained as you go along and I will not tell you what those things are.

Olivia is a writer and interested in branching out into the erotica genre and Jack is willing to help her. I like Olivia for the
Shari
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
After reading the book blurb, I thought that the heroine was going to be participating in the week of the erotic events she was doing research for, not watching it happen. I had issue with the hero saying he had feelings for her and wanting her, but he still slept with other women while she watched in these sexcapades, and when he was away. The author went into detail of him sleeping with another woman while he was away on business. I know they are not together, but I don't like reading about my ...more
Jade Simcox (3 Degrees Of Fiction)
Olivia is a romance writer, but she only writes clean romance. She wants to write erotica but doesn't know where to start having never experienced it for herself.
Jack has the life that Olivia wants to write about. They start talking after she leaves a review on a corset she brought from his company.
They talk through text, emails and social media for about a year before they finally meet.
Olivia goes to visit Jack for a week to experience what his lifestyle is like. There is a instant attractio
Carla
Mar 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I got this title on Netgalley for an honest review and I enjoyed every minute of it!
Olivia and Jack were amazing characters and they had perfect chemistry.

She is strong and confident in her talent, but she lives for her job, for a couple of years she has let go of life's passions and she keeps a secret close to her heart.

Jack is no different he works and f@!#ks and he has forgotten what it feels like to have a real connection with someone.

They are so diffe
Sarah Wayne
I'll never be able to get behind a book whose main character sleeps with someone else, I don't find that sexy or entertaining. In fact, the entire probability of this being something that someone who claims to be "in love" with would be able to do and so blasé. Grammer errors and typos in addition to the cheating/multiple partners aspect written this way just didn't do it for me. I've read many stories where the multiple partner situation works, but only when they struggle with it, and ultimatel ...more
Brienne Dubh
May 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Olivia is a romance writer who wants to branch out into writing erotica but has no idea how to go about it. When she takes up an offer from her online pen pal friend Jack, who offers to show her his lifestyle, she gets more than she bargained for.

Now this is erotica. I loved the first bar scene in Blue, I also loved how Jack takes her to view different erotic situations and with each new scene she views the story just gets hotter and hotter. This pressed my buttons well before the first item of

• Captured By You (Untamed, #2)
  • The Gleaning (The Spellspinners of Melas County, #2)
  • Whatever It Takes (Second Chances, #2)
  • Operation: One Night Stand
  • Wild Ones (His to Claim, #4)
  • 18 Truths (My So Called Afterlife, #2)
  • The Guardians (The MORE Trilogy, #2)
  • 30 Nights
  • Just a Girl
  • Rebel Roused (Untamed #5)
  • Allure (The Hoodoo Apprentice, #2)
  • Wild at Heart (Untamed #4)
  • The Belief in Angels
  • Oathkeeper (The Grudgebearer Trilogy, #2)
  • The Artsy Girl--in Bronze (The Artsy Girl, #1)
  • Hello, Agnieszka! (Between Two Worlds, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Mountain
  • Deadwater Lane
British author
21st Century Romance

Writing about understated powerful women. Understated love stories with a powerful message, each and every time.

Sign up to Grace's newsletter: http://eepurl.com/5-eXX

Like Grace at Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GraceHarperR...

Visit Grace's Website: https://graceharperbooks.com/

Geary Brothers (3 books)
  • Loving Lilly (Geary Brothers, #2)
  • Breaking Jane (Geary Brothers, #3)