Start by marking “Three Brothers” as Want to Read:
Three Brothers

Three Brothers

I grew up with three brothers. They weren’t tied to me by blood, but our connection went beyond genetics or bearing the same last name. Our connection was forged the summer I turned thirteen, the summer my mom ended her life and left me in the custody of John Armstrong, a man I’d never met. Packing all I owned in a couple of boxes, I left the familiarity of the big city an ...more
206 pages
Published January 20th 2015 (first published January 19th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Three Brothers, please sign up.

Christy
4 ‘Cursed’ stars!

photo 11220e66-8b08-4720-b842-7f99d68bf2dd_zpse910f1fd.jpg
“We don’t get to choose how we die, but we get to choose how we live.”

One thing I can say about Three Brothers is that it is not your average NA/romance book. It’s got a unique story line. I haven’t read anything quite like it. And I love finding that in a book. Finding that story that makes me emotional, makes me feel, AND is not your run of the mill story. That is something special and it doesn’t happen nearly enough! This is not just a romance. It’s a story of coming hom
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
3 stars!

description

Nicole Williams is an author who has penned several of my all-time favorite books – namely the Lost & Found series – and there are some aspects I’ve come to expect in her stories that make them so enjoyable: a sweet and swoony hero that makes my heart go pitter patter, a lush, atmospheric setting that makes me want to dive into the book and never come out, and a captivating storyline guaranteed to never bore me. As far as these three things go, they’re all present in Three Brothers a
Beverly
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This story took me down a completely different journey than I originally thought. I have always enjoyed Nicole William’s writing and when I started this one I thought I was going to get a light hearted story about losing love and finding it. However, with Three Brothers you get a little more than that. I think this story had a deeper love and was more heartfelt.

Scout was orphaned at thirteen and sent to live with her closest kin, John Armstrong. John had three sons: Chase, Chance, and Conn. The
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3-3.5 stars

"We don't get to choose how we die, but we get to choose how we live."

photo threebrothers.png

When Scout was thirteen years old her mother died and she was sent to live with the Armstrong's. John, the father, and his sons Chase, Chance and Conn. Chase was the big brother she had never had before, Chance was her best friend, and Conn became her teenage obsession. After living with them for five years, Scout ended up fleeing. Now seven years later, John is dying and Scout must return home.

"How could I
Natasha is a Book Junkie
Jan 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: standalone
“There is no one better for me than you. There never has been, and there never will be.”

As someone who reads so avidly and is constantly seeking that next great story, that next unforgettable journey to hold me captive and overwhelm me emotionally, I am getting pickier and pickier the more books I read, and it takes more now than it used to for a story to rock my world and make me swoon over every word in it. But there are some authors who never fail to do just that, time and time again, the
Michelle
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

[image error]

Three Brothers by Nicole Williams is one of those books that goes beyond the typical romance, but really explores the topics of coming home, forgiveness, letting go, finding happiness, moving on, finding love and living. This book was an emotional read and yet touching that will make you FEEL.

#ThreeBrothers

Seven years has passed and Scout returns back to her hometown and her adopted family after learning that the man who was a father figure was
Dino-Jess ✮ The Book Eating Dinosaur ✮
You know what I'm thinking when I see a book with the title, Three Brothers?

8======D
8=====D
8======D

There should have been dicks galore in this! Here's a dick! There's a dick! Suprise, there's a dick on your shoulder!

But sadly, that was not the case.

There is absolutely NO described sex in this book. None. At all. YET THERE ARE THREE PEENS IN THE STORY! This is a total travesty that needs to be remedied immediately.

I am upset.

Have I mentioned how much I don't enjoy closed door sex scenes in bo
Aileene
Sep 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
2nd book I read from this author.
2nd book and I was just as disappointed as the first one.

Somebody shoot me now.

The story was about Scout and her adoptive Armstrong family.
John Armstrong who was like a father to her.
Chase, the eldest of the Armstrong siblings and her big brother.
Chance, the middle brother and her very best friend.
And Conn, the youngest, rebel and tortured bad boy she had crushed on and lusted after.
He's the very reason why she ran away and finished her veterinary course of
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
I love Nicole's writing and this book is no exception. It has everything in it that I have come to expect from her and more, I would go as far to say this is the best written book of hers that I have read. I would have loved to have given this book a better rating but I just thought that the ending wasn't fitting to the story. It just seemed drama for drama's sake and it felt rushed. Up until about 80% I loved this book then I felt it kinda lost it's way.

This book is full of wit and banter and a
Glire
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: new-adult
Un rancho, muchas desgracias, un padre enfermo, tres hermanos y una chica. Si esto te suena familiar seguramente has visto la película Legends of the Fall, también conocida como Leyendas de Pasión (view spoiler).

description

Y, en cierto modo, podríamos decir que esta es una versión moderna de esa historia. Más o menos. Quizás.

La historia comienza cuando Scout, luego de 7 años de ausencia, decide volver a Red Mountain para despedirse del moribundo John Arms
✿kawehi.reviews
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

Three Brothers was one of those emotionally gripping reads where at the end, left me feeling depleted and in an utter mess.

After her mom tragically takes her life, Scout finds herself shedding her city girl roots, to a rural valley community on Red Mountain Ranch.

There, she comes under the guardianship of John Armstrong and the cohabitation of his three young songs, and here her troubles and beginnings take flight
Nancy❤The❤Bookaholic
~~4-EMOTIONAL-HEARTS~~

Nicole William has done it again. She’s managed to pull multiple feelings out of me. I loved her Crash and Lost and Found series. She didn’t disappoint in this standalone, Three Brothers. When I read the blurb for this book, two things went through my mind. The first being, three guys and one girl, woohoo this could be really interesting and the second being, I hope this isn’t your typical romance novel. I will say this isn’t your typical romance novel. This book held me ca
Arlene Cavill Thurston
Very disappointed. I am huge fan of Nicole's having LOVED the Crash series (JUDE SWOON) so I could not wait to jump into this one. Well 25% in, and I am waiting. Waiting for that connection, that moment my heart skips a beat or I heavy sigh over my newest BBF. Never happened. Nothing about the characters or story captivated me - I felt nothing. I put it aside for a day and came back & still couldn't finish.
edzkie♥§*.*§♥
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is all about FAMILY.

Scout came home years after receiving a phone call from one brother. She need to say her goodbye to the man who adopt, and cared for his after his mothers death.

The story revolves around the three brother whom she grew up with. Conn, who always guard his feeling by staying away and collecting flings. Chance, her best friend and shoulder to cry on. Chase, the brother she had run away from. And now, she face again the three brothers, their dying father and the "curse
A.M.
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-favs
I WANT TO SCREAM! I WANT TO RIP ALL THE SHEETS AND PILLOWS OFF MY BED AND TEAR ALL THE CLOTHES FROM MY CLOSET AND THROW THEM ON THE FLOOR!!! This is my heart, dead and bleeding on the floor. I hate you as much as I love you which is saying a lot considering I've loved every single book of yours that I've read. You made me cry big fat ugly tears and I hardly ever cry. Are you proud of yourself? You should be. This book was epic, astounding, beautiful, and so many other adjectives I can't think of ...more
☆.。.:*・°☆Love2Read♡HEAs☆.。.:*・°☆ {Anne}
3 Depressing Stars

Sorry, but this book didn't do it for me at all. I quit reading it 4 different times!

It seemed that everything that happened in this story was SAD! Too much heartbreak, sickness, accidents and ultimately death. I felt compelled to keep reading so I could get to the part where things start looking up. But no, that never completely happened. Even their HEA was colored somewhat negative.

The only real positive was the wolf pup. That was great.

Oh well, we can't like them all. (︶︿︶)
NightRider
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
I had some problems with this one. The main one being? It was outrageous. I mean it started out great. Loved it, loved the idea. However, as it progressed, it started moving from great plot to ridiculous plot. It was sort of along those lines of "Hey! What all shit can I throw into this one story?" The following points are what I mean, they start from the beginning of the story and show it's progression into facepalm territory...Don't read the spoilers unless you want the story ruined for you.

Chyna
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Too slow for me…Nicole Williams was dragging Three Brothers a lot. There was also no chemistry between the power couple. No sign, no nothing. So disappointing I was really looking forward to sharing this with you guys, but sadly this is one of the worst books Nicole Williams has written. :(

Megan Fall
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cowboys, make-you-cry
This book shattered me. It was a hard, ugly-cry read! I loved it and absolutely hated it at the same time. I loved that she ended up with the brother she did, but did the rest have to happen???
Meagan
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it

Three Brothers is an emotional read that held my attention from the start. The novel looks at the relationships Scout has with the man who took her in when her mother died and his three sons. She shares a different connection with each of the men; a father, a best friend, a brother, and an obsession. Coming home makes her examine each relationship as well as reevaluate them.

If I’d known then what I know now, I wouldn’t have fallen in love with him.

The author has a way of creating characters so

Teresa Mary Rose
More Reviews Here: Readers Live A Thousand Lives

Three Brothers is a beautiful story about one girl and how her life is forever changed by one family. It is a story of her growth and decisions regarding what she wants in life. I really enjoyed this story and it is the kind of story that made my heart all gooey. It is incredibly sweet and it really works its way into your heart.

Scout has just finished up school and is ready to start her life when tragedy calls her back to her past. It is clear tha
Derna
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it

*** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

Three Brothers by Nicole Williams is Scout’ story. After learning that her adopted dad is dying Scout returns home to Red Mountain the place she ran away from seven years before. She reconnects with the three brothers that she grew up with; her relationship was each of the Armstrong brothers in the past had been unique as it was different. One was like a big brother one was like a best friend, and one tangled with her heart a
Tonya
Jan 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a very impactful story. The kind that when you finish, makes you sit back and really think about life and all it's many twists and turns.

Scout had fallen for the wrong brother many years ago. Sent to live with a man and his three sons after her own mother took her own life after dealing with depression. For what, Scout didn't know at the time.

Conn, the brother like figure she knew would crush her, yet she was drawn to him like a moth to the flame. After he literally squashed her heart o
Moon Love
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm at a loss for words. This book has put me through the wringer and I'm still struggling to find the right words for what I felt while reading this book. I was super excited when the news broke Three Brothers was coming and soon. I'm always excited about Nicole William's books. The blurb hinted at a story that held the potential for a dramatic home coming of sorts with possible former lovers reuniting or new connections being made and every excerpt and teaser I read and saw whipped my desire t ...more
Emma
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is so emotional it took me most of the day to recover and I still can't stop thinking about the characters.

Three Brothers is an emotional journey fraught with tragedy incorporating an ancient native american curse, family secrets and characters that are destined to take a strong hold of your heart. I have to say that the day after I finished this book I couldn’t stop thinking about the characters, I desperately wanted to follow their journey into the future. In fact, I spent a good pa
Cocktails and Books
Nicole Williams is an author who I will automatically pick up when she has a new release. The author creates such vivid characters and storylines that you can't help but find yourself immersed in the world. THREE BROTHERS is such a story.

Scout is returning to Montana to say her goodbyes to the only father figure she's ever known. But coming home also means coming face to face with the reason she ran from the only home she really knew seven years earlier. Scout discovers that the Armstrong men sh
M A R I G O L D
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book just wasn't for me. I couldn't get into it. It was like I had a mental block of some sort. It just didn't do it for me.

Nicole Williams is not a bad author. Her books are normally quite great. This one just was a hit and miss for me.
Alicia
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I totally didn't see this book going where it went. Very different storyline from what I've read in the past. It was a very slow-burn kind of book - pacing was slow, but I loved it none-the-less. Highly recommend.
Cinta
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4-4.5

WOW that was a heart breaking read. Not something I expected from Nicole Williams.

With that ending I hope she releases some sort of novella or at least a book for Chase !
❤️Melanie
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting read. I had hoped for more from the ending but the closure was achieved from the story. Great strong characters in the story that you love and hate but mainly love.
  • Miles from Kara (Charleston Haven, #2)
  • '90s Playlist (Romance Rewind, #1)
  • Bad for You 1 (Bad for You, #1)
  • The Truth About Air & Water (Truth in Lies, #2)
  • The Twelve Nights of Christmas
  • The Hunger (Rogues of Scotland, #2)
  • Forever His Baby (The Baby Saga, #1)
  • If You Dare
  • Lord St. Claire's Angel
  • After the Pain (The Reflection Duet #2)
  • Promise Me This (Between Breaths, #4)
  • True Blue Cowboy (Cash Brothers, #5)
  • Beary Overdue (Polar Bliss, #1)
  • A Christmas Kiss
  • Storms Over Secrets (Over, #3)
  • In the Wind
  • Flawed (Perfection, #2)
  • Warrior of Ice (Warriors of Ireland, #1)
I'm a wife, a mom, a writer. I started writing because I loved it and I'm still writing because I love it. I write romance because I still believe in true love, kindred spirits, and happy endings.

Nicole loves hearing from her readers. You can connect with her on:

Facebook: Author Nicole Williams