Start by marking “Wild Borders (Wild, #4)” as Want to Read:
Wild Borders (Wild, #4)

Wild Borders (Wild #4)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  234 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
After a bitter divorce, reporter Lani Stanton has erected a border around her heart too strong for any man to cross. She's not ready for a relationship of any kind with any man. But when Lani meets Rick she can think of nothing but being in his powerful arms and in his bed.

Intelligence Agent Rick McAllister is hot on the trail of a notorious smuggler when the sensual blond

Trade Paperback, 293 pages
Published October 1st 2009 by Ellora's Cave (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Borders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Borders

Julie (jjmachshev)
Aug 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2008-reads, erotica
A very well-written, if slightly predictable, and HOT love story by Cheyenne McCray. "Wild Borders" tell the story of Lani, a size 14 beauty who is a reporter. Lani finally dumped her verbally abusive hubby and is slowly regaining her confidence and joy in life...but she's sure not ready for a man, any man. When she heads for Arizona to do a story on illegal immigration, she meets Border Intel Agent Rick. He's a tall, scrumptious, yummy man who appreciates a woman with some meat on her bones. He ...more
Collette
Oct 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Hot Western Erotica fans
This is a story about a woman with low self-esteem that hooks up with a sexy cowboy who makes her feel beautiful again. The sex is very hot, the storyline predictable (hence the 4 not 5) and it was a fast read. McCray's Wild series is quite fun and don't tire reading them.
Auntee
May 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic romance with a SW atmosphere
Very happy with this one, in fact, my favorite of this series. Plenty of atmosphere and details of life in a Southwest border town (including a nice little history lesson about Tombstone and Bisbee, Arizona), plenty of details and development of the characters, a mild dose of suspense, and most importantly--a sweet, sensual, steamy, sexy romance between two very likable characters.

Blonde, brown-eyed Lani Stanton is a 25 year old magazine writer from San Francisco. She's been divorced for 6 month
Kathrynn
Okay, but nothing special. Too many mundane details cluttered up the flow. Wild Borders had some mild suspense, but I'd already figured it out, so fizzled there for me. Some parts were very boring. Having said that, the characters were both excellent. They had good chemistry and some really hot sex--when that finally got started (almost 3/4 into the book).

Rick McAllister made my "hero heartthrob" shelf! He was almost too good to be true. Lani Stanton's character had to grow with the story, whil
Mitabird
Oct 25, 2008 rated it liked it
Wild Borders is the 4th book in McCray's Wild series. I've enjoyed the other three, but this one fell a little short. I thought the H/h had very good chemistry, but the plot was old, used, and predictable. It really detracted from the story.
Netanella
Amanda
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
My favorite of the whole series by far...
Rick and Lani's story was great...it had me wondering how was behind everything and I will admit I was wrong about who was behind everything, though I did have the major players tagged from the get go. I just missed who they actually were behind the mask.
I kind of wish we would have gotten to see Rick beat James's ass...BUT that's okay that we didn't.
The Epilogue sets us up for the short story for Kev and Nichole and I'm intrigued to read their story.

I hi
Djg
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I think I liked this one best of all the "Wild" books. It was longer than the other books in the series so it had a more developed plot.

Lani is a magazine writer researching a story on border/immigration in Arizona. Rick is a widowed border-patrol agent who lives with his adorable son and loving parents.

Rick is sweet and patient with Lani who left a verbally/emotional husband after 5 years of marriage. They do not just jump into bed, but make no mistake, the sexual tension is there whenever they
Oct 10, 2012 rated it liked it
I loved the sexy grin and loveable personality Rick had and how much he love and wanted Lani even with "in her mind" all the imperfections she had. Only thing with this book was its really slow I got distracted by other things easily because it was so slow going (which is not like me) I really enjoyed the last couple of chapters. I was totally shocked by who the bad guys were. I did not see that coming. Overall it's a good story just took a while getting to point.
  • Calista's Men (Crime Tells, #3)
  • Untamed: Riding West & Lawless (Untamed #1 & 2)
  • Forbidden Fantasies
  • His Carnal Need (Xylon Warriors, #2)
  • Take Me Again (Wild Oats, #2)
  • Colt's Choice (Bad in Boots, #3)
  • Good Girl Seeks Bad Rider
  • Dance of the Crystal (Dance, #3)
  • Bitten (Moon Lust, #2)
  • Wicked Wishes
  • Erin's Fancy (Awakening Desires, #2)
  • Shameless Embraces (Bound Hearts, #6-7)
  • Miss Firecracker (Wild West Boys, #2)
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Texas Men
  • The Legacy (Malloy Family, #7)
  • All Chained Up (Cress Brothers, #2)
  • Stripped Bare (Joker's Wild, #3)
Cheyenne McCray is an award winning, New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author who is a rare native Arizonan but refuses to be put behind glass as an endangered species.

In her spare time she loves to torture characters—whether they’re misbehaving or not—and kill off deserving individuals. She also totally gets off on blowing things up. All fictionally, of course. She’d rather chew glass th
More about Cheyenne McCray...

Wild (4 books)