Start by marking “Ripple of Secrets (Rose Gardner Mystery, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
Ripple of Secrets (Rose Gardner Mystery, #6.5)

Ripple of Secrets

(Rose Gardner Mystery #6.5)

After her Assistant DA boyfriend’s near brush with death, Rose Gardner hopes to make it through the holiday season with a minimal amount of drama. But she can’t forget the promise she made to the king of the Fenton County underworld in exchange for Mason’s life. What’s worse, she’s not the only one keeping secrets — Mason has been working on a hush-hush case in his private ...more
Published March 17th 2015 by DGS

To ask other readers questions about Ripple of Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ripple of Secrets

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Ripple of Secrets is #6.5 in the Rose Gardner series by Denise Grover Swank. First, if you are a fan of this series, I want to say that the three novellas are just as important part of the series as the regular books. Each novella contains crucial information that adds so much to the series as a whole. And in my opinion, each novella is more intense than the previous one.

garden center

Ripple of Secrets pretty much blew my mind. Some of the secrets we learn in this one completely bowled me over. We already kne
Halenka
Apr 19, 2018 added it
Shelves: read-in-2018
so i’ve been reading this series in order... this series is always funny and light hearted and borders on the ridiculous. yes there are dark topics like murder and such but normally in the “cozy mystery” format.

this novella is complete opposite. dark, no sugar coating and sickening. it’s not badly written- just the opposite since it evokes such feelings for the characters. but man- this is eye opening in a “wish i didn’t hear/see/know that” way.
Anna's Herding Cats
I do like these little novellas and getting to see sides of different characters told from their POV. Sometimes makes me more sympathetic towards them (shocker on Joe's baby mama) and other times...not so much. This was fun gearing up for a business reopening, everyone coming back to town after various trips, getting a few more details on Joe's dad who is just a piece of work. A good in between read.
Monique
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, Wow, Wow!!!

If you are a fan of the Rose Gardner Mysteries, then you can not miss this novella. To be honest, all of the novellas are important in this series.

This one gives us such an insight to what the other characters are thinking and what makes them do the things they do.

Firstly, lets talk Mason............this must now squish all people's thoughts of him being sinister. He is only ever wanted to protect Rose and let her grow and mature her own way.

We get to meet a new character, Kate,
Jamie Davis
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kick you in the shins, spit on your neck FANTASTIC!

Denise Grover Swank has perfected the art of the novella! The Rose Gardner Between the Numbers Novella create bridges between the main novels, and don't get too comfortable because these bridges often have nasty troll secrets waiting underneath to reach up and grab you! Ripple of Secrets was no exception because the POVs shared took what you knew about certain characters and dumped it from a 20 story window. I can't imagine reading these series
Pamela
I'm addicted to this series. I love it! I've already pre-ordered book 7. My only wish? Violet to get what's coming to her. Come on Rose, show a little more backbone. Stop making up excuses for her behaviour. :)
Rebecca Hollingsworth
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
No this story will not take you a month to read, but as a person who receives this author's newsletter, we get parts of stories to read prior to the release date.. So, here are my thoughts on each part!!! I LOVE IT and I WANT MORE!!!!!! Please!!

Part 1 is fantastic.. I'm so excited for the remainder of this book!!

Part 2, left me seriously wanting more... There are always so many twists and turns in these books and as a reader, I'm always left wishing there were more pages to turn!!

Part 3.... Oh
Jo Ann Reinhold
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Once again Denise gives up insights into her beloved characters in her Rose Gardner Mystery series! These characters comes to life for her readers and with each novella we learn so much more as to the events in their lives that shaped who they are!
Aly
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautifully done! So many twists and turns and unexpected secrets coming to life! Brilliant little novella to hold me over until the next book is released!
Mary
Jan 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Part one: fantastic! Just when I think I've been doing ok getting by without my favorite Henryetta people, I couldn't have been more wrong! I adore Rose! Thanks DGS :)
Theresa
4.5 OMG Stars.... The secrets filtering through all of these characters are beginning to overlap one another gaining in intensity, and when they finally implode I fear for the consequences... Rose, Mason, and Joe are attempting to protect one another with their deceit, adding layers of complexity to their already complicated relationships; Hilary's twisted backstory was a shock and lent an understanding to her despicable behavior, leading me to experience sympathy for her unsavory character (Jus ...more
ReBecca
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yes, Yes Yes!!! This is a MUST read (especially if you are a fan of the series)!! Part of me wishes that Denise would make the whole Rose Gardner Mystery series from different points of view, in all of the books, instead of in her novellas. Everything about this book was great. It was darker than the past books in the series... but it ties so many things together. I also am kinda glad that Denise went a darker route with this book. Some of the Rose Gardner Mystery series has been so bubbly and h ...more
Elizabeth Emily Browne
Yet another amazing book from Denise. I am so excited for the next one at the end of this month!

I enjoyed reading from different characters points of view. Hilary's was especially eye opening. I really love Kate. I know that joe is suspicious of her but I instantaneously fell in love with her! Everyone is hiding so many secrets and I can't wait till some come out in the next book.

Overall a really good read.
Jeanie Jackson
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, romance
Wow. and. oh! wow! and OH! WOW! Talk about some shockers! If you follow are following Rose's story, you are going to read this novella any way but YOU HAVE TO READ THIS ONE! The two biggest things that happen are that we find out a great deal about why Hillary is the way she is!!!! And someone that Rose cares about is endangered! I don't want to wait more than a month to get back to Henryetta!
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Part one was great ... eagerly awaiting part 2 in feb now! part 2 has left me shocked. I actually feel sorry for hilary now but would not be surprised if her baby was Joes dad's after that little revelation. Part 3 has left me biting at the bit to read the next book. Roll on April. Another great read by Denise Grover Swank.
Lux
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love these series but sometimes I little bit slow...
Leslie Reno
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Team Joe! I hate Hilmonster!
Beth
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love this series! Can't wait for part three!
TJ
Aug 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nice insight into the lives of the main characters. Helps love Rose and her friends even more and helps us at least understand Hilary and the bad guys a bit better. :)
Angela
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As all the other novella's Swank gives you a little closer glimpse into Rose's world as well as a few other characters. In this book we read from the point of view of Joe, Mason, Skeeter, and Hilary. We learn why Hilary is the way she is and why she is so set out to have Joe to herself. We are introduced to Kate, Joe's sister, as well as learn what Mason was up to in Little Rock. An unfortunate event happens at the end, that I didn't think would happen.

I enjoyed reading this short story, it was
Jacqueline
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book a lot

Trying to keep someone who wants to be somewhere else is like trying to hold sand in an open hand.

This was another short one yet packed full of so much. I really liked this book a lot, you get point of views not just from, Rose or Mason and Joe but from Joe, Mason, Bruce Wayne, Skeeter, and yes Hillary. You get to see a little more about each person and where they've come from or why they are the way they are.

For Skeeter you see a little of what made him the way he is today
Amanda
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great novella! I love that with the novellas in this series we get a glimpse into the other characters' POVs. They really help further develop all of the characters in the books. I am excited about the introduction of Kate and cannot wait to see what trouble she stirs up in future books. Hilary’s story broke my heart and helped me see her in a completely different light, although I still hate her. Ha. It was great having Skeeter’s perspective as well. I always want more Skeeter. As per usual, th ...more
Sheri
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ripple of Secrets is such a turning point for these characters and this story. So much information is shared in this novella. Once again the story is told through various character POV's. Through her excellent writing DGS draws the reader into Rose's world. If you had asked me before reading this if I could ever have sympathy for Hillary, I would have said no, but I found myself feeling sorry for her during her POV. And the ending was heartbreaking! DO not read Thirty-Four and a Half Predicament ...more
Andrea Hastings
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ripple of Secrets is great! I am excited about the introduction of Kate and cannot wait to see what trouble she stirs up in future books. Hilary’s story broke my heart and helped me see her in a completely different light. It was great having Skeeter’s perspective as well. I love Denise Grover Swank’s novellas they are great addition to Rose’s stories and help develop the characters and make them multidimensional.
Samantha Malstrom
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Skeeter!!! Oh how I love Skeeter! I absolutely love these novellas because you really get to see other sides of characters you don’t always get to see in the main series and some of their backstories and issues they have had in their past. Ripple of Secrets is no exception and I really feel a greater connection to some of these side characters after reading their chapters. This is definitely not a book to skip in the series!
Jamie-Kay Whatley Raney
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
While it seems like nothing major plot wise happens, this novella is still not be missed before reading the next installment. This is because it subtly introduces a new main character and a twist that will effect Neely Kate. This novella also gives a nice little glimpse into the minds and motivations of some of the other characters. It was really nice to read first hand what Joe, Mason, Skeeter & even Hillary were thinking.
Brittany
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Keeping up with Rose

If you've read the previous Rose Gardner mysteries then this one is just as good. Short and straight to the point. The title isn't called "Ripple of secrets" for nothing. You get a diff view on the characters and it gives you a more open mind. Can't wait to read the next book :)
Samantha Whitley
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this novella. It gives you so much insight to all the main characters and why they are doing what they are doing. You learn so much that I would definitely recommend reading this book. I love how you get to know each character better, but also the story continues and you get a sneak peak of what’s to happen.
Emily Martin
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh this book! It certainly makes you see Hilary in a whole new light. Denise gives us the reasons for why Hilary does what she does. We learn the true evils of JR and how he's manipulated people along the way. We get a look into Joe and Mason and how they interact when Rose isn't around. It's truly wonderful and sad.
Joan Johnson
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This novella adds so much to the series!! I finally understand why Hilary is such a terrible person, I actually feel bad for her. The Skeeter POV also gives us insight into his character, I loved the glimpse into his head.
  • Laugh or Death (Lexi Graves Mystery, #6)
  • Spirits of Bourbon Street  (Jade Calhoun ,#6.5)
  • Give Em Pumpkin To Talk About
  • Elvis and the Tropical Double Trouble
  • An Unplanned Life (Unplanned, #2)
  • Resurrection in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law #4)
  • Danger in High Heels (High Heels, #7)
  • Writing All Wrongs (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #7)
  • Out of Ruins (From the Wreckage, #2)
  • Down and Dirty (J.J. Graves Mystery, #4)
  • Stakeout at the Vampire Circus (Dan Shamble, Zombie PI, #1.5)
  • Death Benefits (Southern Fraud Thriller, #2)

Rose Gardner Mystery (9 books)
  • Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes (Rose Gardner Mystery, #1)
  • Twenty-Nine and a Half Reasons (Rose Gardner Mystery, #2)
  • Thirty and a Half Excuses (Rose Gardner Mystery, #3)
  • Thirty-One and a Half Regrets (Rose Gardner Mystery, #4)
  • Thirty-Two and a Half Complications (Rose Gardner Mystery, #5)
  • Thirty-Three and a Half Shenanigans (Rose Gardner Mystery, #6)
  • Thirty-Four and a Half Predicaments (Rose Gardner Mystery, #7)
  • Thirty-Five and a Half Conspiracies (Rose Gardner Mystery, #8)
  • Thirty-Six and a Half Motives (Rose Gardner Mystery, #9)