Start by marking “New Mercies” as Want to Read:
New Mercies

New Mercies

Delores Hansen's life is crumbling around her. Her little son has been diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis, and her marriage has fallen apart as a result. Forced to return to the small town of Meadowbrook to live with her parents, Delores feels like a failure and a burden on everyone, and must find a way to stand on her own feet.

New minister Chris Tanner is dynamic from the pul
Published December 20th 2014 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about New Mercies, please sign up.
Julia Colquitt Allen Hi, Bosede!
Hi, Bosede!
The book is sold on Amazon in Kindle edition for $2.99 and in print for $8.99. I'm currently looking for reviewers, so if you are interested in providing an honest review on Amazon for me, I may be able to arrange a complimentary eBook for you. Please send me a private message if this is something that interests you.
Julia Colquitt Allen(less)

Kathleen
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
New Mercies is a wonderful contemporary Christian Romance story that will tug at the heartstrings. Author Julia Colquitt Allen weaves an uplifting tale that follows the story of newly divorced and single mom Delores "Dodie" Hansen, who returns to her hometown of Meadowbrook after he ex-husband abandons her because he couldn't deal with the news that their two year old son Danny was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. As Dodie struggles to come to terms with her rebuilding a life for herself and her ...more
Melody
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: just-ok
Ok, honesty time: I didn’t finish the book. I got 3/4 of the way through, and I just got bored and didn’t want to finish. Where I stopped seemed like a great place to stop for me, and anything beyond that just seemed like more to wade through... I’m terrible. Haha! Up to that point it was alright, but yeah. I was ready for it to be done.

3 stars.
laura dubois
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great christian romance

I really liked that this book stuck to Christian Morals. They set good examples of how God expects us to during trials. Easy reading. Predictable but good.
Mary Beth
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
E.M. Cooper
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dodie Hansen is a young, newly-divorced mother of two-year-old Danny. After being abandoned by her husband Rick because he can’t cope with Danny’s cystic fibrosis diagnosis, she returns to her small home town, Meadowbrook. When she encounters the handsome but shy and bumbling Pastor Chris Tanner, her life changes dramatically as it does also for Chris.

Julia Colquitt Allen writes knowledgeably and sympathetically about the strengths and pitfalls of a small community. Dodie and Chris endure the pr
Venture
Apr 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
A book that is not only a great story but has a great message. Dodie came home after a failed marriage with a sick son. This wasn't the way she saw her life turning out. She thought when she moved away from her small hometown that she'd only be back for visits. Now everyone is being so helpful but all she wants is to be on her own two feet. Since raising her son is the only thing she has now to focus on.
    Chris is a shy pastor. He keeps praying that God will help him feel more comfortable. He
Terry Sprouse
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“New Mercies” is an enjoyable romance novel that catches your heart early on and keeps you interested as you come to know the main characters, single-mom Delores and shy new minister Chris Tanner.

I like how the author allow us to get to know Delores and Chris by how they interact with one other and with the other residents of Meadowbrook. In fits and starts, despite an awkward beginning when their heads collide as they both reach to pick up a bag, their friendship matures. They find strength in
Victoria Brinius
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I just finished reading "New Mercies" a story of a courageous young mother. Dolores Hansen has had a very bad life for the past few years. First, she finds that her only child has Cystic Fibrosis and her husband, his father does not want them anymore and has left. The only thing that she can do is move back to her parents' home and hope for their help. I liked this storyline and the characters are strong. I give this book a 4/5. I was given this book for the purpose of a review and all opinions ...more
Susan Clark
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
NEW MERCIES is a sweet but complex romance about the characters Dodie and Chris, written from a Christian perspective. Woven throughout the story are issues such as how do churches deal with issues such as divorce. I was moved by the love story and pleasantly surprised by the unexpected plot developments. Good book!
Nelda Kay Buckner
Jan 13, 2018
Deborah Beijer
Feb 11, 2018
Julia Colquitt Allen
Jan 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Robin Dix
Jan 01, 2015
Deena Harvey
Jan 05, 2019
Read 4 Review: RFR - Reviewers Needed for New Inspirational Romance 1 10 Jan 05, 2015 08:46PM

• Heavy Weather (A Carolina Coast Novel)
  • How to Bake the Perfect Pecan Pie
  • Double Helix
  • Necessary Evils (Left Behind Political #3)
  • Necessary Evil (Sentinels of Babylon, #1)
  • Hidden in Time (Livingstone Chronicles, #2)
  • Written On Her Heart (Callaway Cove #1)
  • More (All or Nothing, #2)
  • Triumphant Return: The New Jerusalem (Left Behind: The Kids, #40)
  • Season of Wishes (Draycott Abbey #5)
  • Illuminated (An August Adams Adventure, #1)
  • Apocalypse Burning: The Earth's Last Days: The Battle Lines Are Drawn (Left Behind: Apocalypse, #3)
  • True Lies of a Drama Queen (Drama Queen, #2)
  • Impressions of You (The Impressions Duet, book 1)
  • Next to You (Life, #2)
Writing has long been a passion of mine. I began writing poems and short stories at the age of 7. I live in picturesque East Texas with my husband of 27 years and four of my children. My grown son and his wife live nearby and visit often with my two grandbabies, whom I adore. If the kids and grandkids didn't make my home wild enough, we have a household full of cats (7 at last count). My blog Juli ...more