Start by marking “A Sneaking Suspicion” as Want to Read:
A Sneaking Suspicion

A Sneaking Suspicion

John Dickson's engaging evangelistic book for young people discusses things that matter—things like life, death, relationships, sex, suffering, meaning and God—things that are important but which we don't often talk about.

The book is in three parts. In Part 1 John looks at some of the things that the world tells us about sex (Is sex more like a Porsche or a Datsun?), beau
Published by St Matthias Press (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about A Sneaking Suspicion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Sneaking Suspicion

Katherine
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A quick read - two or three hours - with a fresh and very Aussie perspective on things surrounding Christianity. I found it amusing, thought-provoking and challenging. I would recommend it to people who have a few 'wonderings' about Christianity, and to Christians who wouldn't mind a bit of a fresh perspective and encouragement.
David Sarkies
Nov 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People interested in God
Recommended to David by: My Church
Shelves: christian
Discovering the Creator
18 November 2011

John Dickson is probably one of the closest people in this age that would fit the definition of a Renaissance Man. He is an author, a journalist, a musician, a preacher, a film maker, and an adjunct professor in Ancient History. Also, looking over a list of his books it is also interesting to note that there is quite a lot of interest in his works, and despite his academic credentials, his books tend to be very accessible to the average reading public. Thi
Naomi
Jul 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
A great little book that is an easy read. An absolutely fabulous simple Christian apologetic aimed at teens but worthwhile for anyone who wants to know more about what Christianity is actually all about.

I have heard that it's been banned in many schools in Australia. Hilarious! Can't believe the Gospel has now become so offensive in our postmodern context. It's funny that we are so tolerant of everything, except Christianity. It's pretty hypocritical if you think about it. If you, however, have
Becca
Jun 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
John Dickson shares an unique perspective on interesting and important issues in our world. I found this particularly helpful instead of hearing the "same old stuff", it was the same stuff but in a new way that gave new insight. I'd definitely recommend it.
Bill
Feb 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-life
Read this as a teenager, found it very helpful in dealing with various issues of life from a Christian point of view. Seems to be a book that has held it's relevance despite the passing of time.
Lina
May 31, 2018
Moniquesmith
Aug 09, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
John focuses on the big ideas that have shaped our world.

His journey is an eclectic one. Starting out as a singer-songwriter, he now works as a writer, speaker, historian of religion (focusing on early Christianity and Judaism), media presenter, Anglican minister, and director of a multi-media think tank.

With an honours degree in theology from Moore Theological College Sydney, and a PhD in history