Start by marking “The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #2)” as Want to Read:
The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #2)

The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down

(The Yada Yada Prayer Group #2)

A robbery, a lynching, and a mourning mother shake up the Yada Yadas.

I had never felt so violated! The Yada Yada Prayer Group was "gettin' down" with God in prayer and praise one night when a heroin-crazed woman barged into my house, demanded our valuables, and threatened us with a 10-inch knife--a knife that drew blood.

We wondered if we'd ever get back to normal after
Published August 8th 2004 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 1st 2004)

Start your review of The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #2)
May 25, 2011 rated it liked it
This is the second book in Jackson's Yada Yada Series. In the first book a group of 12 women are randomly placed in a prayer group while at a Chicago-area Christian women's conference, and after a series of life-changing events, the group decides to continue meeting after the conference is over.

The second book starts just after the action of the first. It's the end of summer and protagonist, Jodi "good girl" Baxter has almost fully recovered from her car accident (in which she accidentally
Brenda
Aug 27, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
I feel like the first person narrative REALLY hurts this book. I want to know what the other women are thinking and feeling. I want to follow their lives every once in awhile. To be honest, I'm sick of Jodi. She seems judgemental, she almost always jumps to the worst conclusion first, and I want to get out of her head!

Other problems I had were: the character Ruth talks like Yoda. Says her sentences in the wrong order, she does. Every time she says anything in the book I hear Yoda's voice for
Dani
Aug 27, 2009 added it
Recommends it for: Christian book clubs
Shelves: part-of-a-series
As usual, Neta Jackson hit on the exact issues that I struggle with as a Christian. Whereas the Christian books I have been reading are just "clean" romances, the Yada Yada series is more like a devotional hidden in a story. This book is perfect fodder for discussion in a Christian book club, but the story doesn't have the stilted feeling of a story created just to teach a lesson.

I like the way that Jackson fleshes out the characters, as well. Even though one of the main story lines was about
Debra
Apr 12, 2008 rated it liked it
I got really tired of the main character whining all the time! She really needs to loosen up or she's going to have a stroke over her husband having a beer with a friend...Seriously!
Kathryn
Enjoyable as always, with some thought-provoking issues in the middle of what is mostly Christian chick-lit. It is a light and easy read, but with an edge to it.
Kathy
Aug 15, 2009 rated it liked it
Almost as good as the 1st in the Yada Yada series. Was hoping for each successive book to be told in the first person by each of the other characters,each one from a different race, religious, or ethnic background. Attended a wonderful book club with the author; found out she did not write sucessive books in the series from the multi-culturally varied characters' points of view because she felt she could not writing as authentically with the voice of a black woman, or a Jewish Christian woman, ...more
Maria Elmvang
Brilliant book. The Yada Yada books speak straight to my heart. I'm challenged to pray, praise God and generally take a closer look at my relationship with God. Do I just pay Him lip-service - or do I actually practise what I preach?

"The YYPG Gets Down" is a fitting continuation of the first book, and it raises an interesting question of forgiveness. Do we forgive even if the other person doesn't repent? Can we repent for the sins of others? (Like the Germans asking the Jews for forgiveness for
Dana
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Yada Yada Gets Down #2

Loved this book! Some good quotes from it & words/phrases to ponder & chew on....

Sometimes I wondered why it took a big crisis in my life to get some simple stuff straight, like not doing chores my kids should be doing.

Pray. That was it. Why did it take me so long to get the first line of defense when upsetting things happened? If girls were here they'd be circling our chairs like warriors doing battle w/fear, confusion, disappointment, anger.

I always thank God
John
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Book 2 with this amazing group goes deeper into each members life and real world struggles. The Baxters while leading ordinary lives realize that their interconnections in their daily walk.
Jennifer Fischer
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Robin
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: neta-jackson

The Yada Yada series is fabulous! The series addresses women and relationships. I found it an enjoyable as well as inspirational read :)
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a series that seems like fluff but is really very deep. REALLY good book!
Delanie Washburn
Sep 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Just as good as the first one if not better. I really like the characters and even though the situations they get in seem far fetched to me, I still can get myself into the book.
Teresa
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heavy. Hard. Uncomfortable. These are all words that come to mind as I try to think about this book. It was tough. But in such a good way. Good writing should make you think, examine yourself, and open your eyes. White people may read this book and brush it off. As a white mother to black children, I can't do that. I have to continually look closely at our world and see all the racial prejudice that still exists today and talk to my children about it. I have to prepare them to be called names, ...more
MaryEllin
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars! I really love this series. Its light and fun and - dare I say it? - inspiring. It inspires me to rev up my prayer life, to expand my circle of friends beyond people who look and talk like me, and to truly live out the Word I read every day. Kudos to Neta Jackson for doing all that and telling an entertaining story, too. Definitely moving on the Book 3 in this seven-book series. ...more
Sheri
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this Book

I enjoyed this book. I have been encouraged to use scripture as I pray. Trusting God is hard work, but the two books that Ive read so far have encouraged me that I can trust God. This series leaves me thinking each time I finish one.
Ginger
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've enjoyed spending the summer with the Yada Yada prayer group. I feel like Jodi Baxter is my friend, maybe even a co-worker since we're both teachers. This book has taken me somewhere when I had to stay where I am.
Erin Wood
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another awesome book! I cant wait to read book 3. This was an emotional book that picked up right where book 1 left off with Jody Baxter and the prayer group. They encountered a robbery, racism, and visits to prison. As always looked the recipes in the back 🤗 ...more
Marie-Josée
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian
Diana Larsen
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book, it continues from the first one so nothing is left undone. Definitely encourage you to read it.
Lynna
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Light fun read.
cindy townley
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved this book. Another amazing story of real life and how God can use those struggles to strengthen your faith. An easy read.
Tiffany
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely have loved the first and second book in this series!! Cant wait to get the third one!!! ...more
Megann Zeigler
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow it's getting interesting...how are all these woman going to manage getting alone when they are all so different...and now they are back in their real lives?
Margie Mielke
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Very good, realistic - thoroughly enjoy the read😊
Anoopa
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Definitely not high literature, but the stories are very inspiring.
Linda
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book of this series I've read. It was given to me to read as a new member of a Bible study group I joined. I delayed reading it for weeks because it's 400 pages long, but once started, I read it in 2 days - couldn't put it down! I really appreciated how praise, worship, and prayer requests were such common parts of the characters' everyday lives. Though it is a novel, it really spoke to me as one who's getting back to church after a 10 year absence. The power of prayer is not ...more
Valerie Hochstetler
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am thoroughly enjoying this series! I love the cross culture aspect of the group of women. I finished this one and gave into temptation to read the next book in the series. It makes me think about how I am carrying out my faith.
Marilyn
Oct 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Prayer works

Love the sisterhood of prayer. Even though we come from different backgrounds, we all share 1 God. Reminds me of my small group
Amy
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love reading the continuing struggles and joys of this group. I laugh out loud and I get a lump in my throat with their journeys. Above all, I love the way Ms. Jackson writes about how the scriptures and God's voice can open your eyes in ways you haven't thought of before.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Remember (Redemption, #2)
  • Halfway to Forever (Forever Faithful, #3)
  • The Strength of His Hand (Chronicles of the Kings, #3)
  • Leaving (Bailey Flanigan, #1)
  • It Happens Every Spring
  • Redeeming Love
  • And the Shofar Blew
  • Harry Bentley's Second Chance (Yada Yada Brothers #1)
  • The Shunning (The Heritage of Lancaster County, #1)
  • Snowmageddon (Windy City Neighbors #5)
  • Take One (Above the Line, #1)
  • A Killer Plot (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #1)
  • Oceans Apart
  • The Potluck Club (The Potluck Club #1)
  • A Time to Dance (Timeless Love, #1)
  • Gods and Kings (Chronicles of the Kings, #1)
  • The Christmas Dog
  • The Note

The Yada Yada Prayer Group (7 books)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #1)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #3)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Tough (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #4)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Caught (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #5)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling