Start by marking “The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #3)” as Want to Read:
The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #3)

The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real

(The Yada Yada Prayer Group #3)

The Yada Yadas thought they had a handle on forgiveness, but it seems God has them on a crash-course to an even deeper level.

After everything the Yada Yadas had been through in the past eight months, I told God I could sure use a little "dull and boring" in the new year! But that was before Leslie "Stu" Stuart moved in upstairs. Ms. Perfect herself and me--Jodi
Published March 30th 2005 by Thomas Nelson (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real

Start your review of The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #3)
Kathryn
It was good to find out a bit more about some of the other Yada Yada group members in this book. These books always touch on some meaningful issues - in this one, there is the ongoing foster/adoption/birth parent issue, continuing on with issues regarding forgiveness, plus abortion, faithfulness, adolescent love, baptism

I liked, as always, the insight into Jodis prayer life, and her insights about herself and how she relates to others.

Im looking forward to the fourth in the series but I still
Dani
In this installment of the Yada Yada Prayer Group series, our narrator Jodi Baxter is dealing with new aspects of the problems that plagued her in the first two books. These include her dislike for prayer group member Stu, her struggle to forgive the woman who invaded her house, and the fallout from her car accident. There are also several celebrations that keep the story from being a downer.

I've read several comments online from people who say they can't make it through the entire series
Ellie Revert
Nov 25, 2009 rated it liked it
Ivoree Malcom
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The main theme for this book is how to forgive & how to feel accountable. accountability and forgiveness are both on hard feat to achieve. Both require you to dig down deep inside and really get real with yourself. Neither is easy or quick, both are a process the you must doggedly labor at. However, the end results always seem so refreshing & vindicating. I have said it before and I'll say it again, I am addicted to this series. Three books in & I am sure that I want to read all ...more
Cindi
Another great book in the Yada Yada series. This one does a good job of helping us see how important it is to look at our own faults before judging others. Even when we do find fault, it's necessary to admit it and apologize for doing so.

The thing that struck me hardest about this part of the story is how Stu opened her heart to someone she knows is a violent criminal. That takes a lot of courage.

Emily Agnello
Mar 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again I was deeply connected to all of the characters and their third wild ride, surprising me with every page. I love the way the women can sometimes fight but always come back together and grow stronger. I love that a new member was added to the group and I can't wait to see what kind of problems the Yada Yadas run into next.
Denean
Mar 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love these books GREAT SERIES !!!! They just make your spirit feel good !!!!
Chris
THIS SUMMARY/REVIEW WAS COPIED FROM OTHER SOURCES AND IS USED ONLY AS A REMINDER OF WHAT THE BOOK WAS ABOUT FOR MY PERSONAL INTEREST. ANY PERSONAL NOTATIONS ARE FOR MY RECOLLECTION ONLY

Personal note:
So far this was my favorite which other reviewers has noted. Also way to much singing except for the last one. The male singer was excellent

Shelly Ann
Dec 29, 2012 rated it liked it
This book is the 3rd of Yada Yada Prayer Group...I haven't found the 2nd book yet. I don't know what I am missing. I know that in ministries like this it can involve a whole lot of people. I like how when the group meets all of their families, and attends each one's church. How the group meets every other week at someone's designated home. I like how they support one another in every day living. I know that some people are well meaning, and a know it all, like Stu, but she had good intentions. ...more
Nellie
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Libby
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this whole series! The characters are real and funny and yet these books are far from fluff. In them we learn that we all struggle and to accept each other where we are each at and not to let race, church denomination ( or lack there of) separate us in the family of God. Excellent

This audiobook is from Scribd- For a free 60 day free trial use the following referral link-
Lorna
Jul 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I just love this series. The re-cap parts can be a bit annoying, since I'm reading them one after another, but I imagine if there had been some time between each book, they would be necessary. The books are a bit convicting and I imagine that almost anyone will end up identifying with one or more characters on several levels.
Jo
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Honest and funny which is not what came to mind when picking up this book. I thought it was going to be very heavy on the prayer aspect, but religion was written in with a manner of understanding it isn't a one method understanding and solution. Many parts are thought provoking and bring up great conversations. Very enjoyable reading.
Shawna
Oct 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: just-for-fun
Without a long recap this was the best one yet. Full of twists and turns including a wedding. I find that I can relate to Jodi much more as these books go on and I am learning more about myself each time.
Carolyn
Aug 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
This group of christian women, and their families, really make you want to live a better life. I loved the part where the main character actually prays for each one of her students individually. We always talk and hear of doing this but she actually does it.
Teresa
Aug 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Can the Yada Yada Prayer Group series get any better?! I am constantly moved by the life experiences; the fellowship; the honesty between this group of ladies; and the way God is working in, through, and around their lives. What a wonderful series!
Sue Klasing
Deals with some pretty tough issues. Enjoyed it!
Suellen
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Book number 3 and I'm still lovin' these wacky ladies.
Melissa
Sep 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Focuses on Stu moving in above Jodi, her reasons for why, and forgiveness.
Dana
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Loved #3 as much as #1!
Teesa
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love this series, it moves me in ways I didn't expect. Real women dealing with everyday struggles. It lets me in on a world I wouldn't ordinary be exposed to.
April Brown
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
This series is good.
Sue Teachout
Jan 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This series is excellent. I recommend it highly for Christian readers interested in the power of prayer and redemption in a multicultural setting.
Dec 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
another series that is better as it goes along. Over 400 pages, and throughout the reading, I kept wanting to read a little bit more. (Just one more chapter syndrome)
Carly Mortensen
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
My favorite so far in the series. The books get better and better!
Christie
Aug 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
This one kept me turning the pages, my favorite one yet!
Marie Conrad
Apr 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved it! What a great cast of characters.
Amandasaved
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the best book in the series
Angie
Apr 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great one in the series!!!

I'm totally invested in learning the stories of all the women in the Yada Yada prayer group and I love the Christian faith woven into the book.
Patricia
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Second book was even better than first, hard to put book down!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• At Home in Mitford (Mitford Years, #1)
  • Miss Julia Meets Her Match (Miss Julia, #5)
  • Sisterchicks on the Loose (Sisterchicks, #1)
  • Just Shy of Harmony (Harmony, #2)
  • Harry Bentley's Second Chance (Yada Yada Brothers #1)
  • Sisterchicks Do the Hula (Sisterchicks, #2)
  • The Potluck Club Takes the Cake (The Potluck Club #3)
  • Snowmageddon (Windy City Neighbors #5)
  • Gods and Kings (Chronicles of the Kings, #1)
  • Halfway to Forever (Forever Faithful, #3)
  • Blood Will Tell (Kate Shugak, #6)
  • Take One (Above the Line, #1)
  • Breakup (Kate Shugak, #7)
  • Silence of the Lamb's Wool (Yarn Retreat Mystery, #2)
  • The Shunning (The Heritage of Lancaster County, #1)
  • Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God, Workbook
  • Dinosaur Roar!
  • How I Became a Pirate

The Yada Yada Prayer Group (7 books)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #1)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Down (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #2)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Tough (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #4)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Caught (The Yada Yada Prayer Group #5)
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling