Start by marking “A Father's Fight (Fighting, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
A Father's Fight (Fighting, #4.5)

A Father's Fight

(Fighting #4.5)

Life changes in the span of a heartbeat—one tiny heartbeat.

Blake and Layla have lived through disappointment and regret, only finally finding relief through the powerful love they have for each other. A love they intend to fight to keep.

They’ve had to forgive each other, but can they truly move forward without facing the pain of the past?

Layla’s been avoiding the phone cal
ebook
Published January 26th 2015

To ask other readers questions about A Father's Fight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Father's Fight

Jen
This novella was a quick read that I didn't want to end. The humor between Blake and his brother had me laughing out loud more than once!!! All and all a great read..Review to come♥♥
Sleepless Readmore
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
4.5 FILF STATUS STARS

Layla and Blake

description

I’d walk through hell and back
if it meant the rest of the life with you.."

description
Before I started this one, I re-read Fighting to Forgive and I just fell for Blake and Layla ALL OVER AGAIN. I'm sooo GLAD that this novella was written. Blake is the definition of FILF which is basically the opposite of MILF but in this case a scrumptious DAD. He makes such a perfect dad, husband, and friend .. I absolutely adore this guy. He protects his own and without a doubt is
✿kawehi.reviews
Jan 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via the author in exchange for an honest review. Thanks, hun!! ☆

4.5 stars!!★★★★☆

“You’re my true love. My first and only true love, Blake”
He brings my hand to his lips and slides soft kisses against my skin.
“First…and last.♥”

description

A Father’s Fight was one of those genuine reads where you can’t stop but turn the page and awe at those precious moments in life.

With Blake and Layla newly engaged and expecting a baby on the way, you’d think they’d be clear of their worries. Boy, are
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
I adore JB Salsbury's Fighting series and Blake and Layla's novella once again proves why she is one of my favorite writers.

"Love is what makes the pain of the fight so worth it."

This story is filled with warmth, love, family, strength and of course, the sexy Blake and his gorgeous Mouse. A Father's Fight is about all these things and much more. Blake and Layla again face tremendous obstacles and their pasts which threaten to interfere into the blissful life they have built together. Blake will
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
This series is awesome. Every story rocks. Jake "The Snake" and his "Mouse" were always my fave and any more to their tale is just like an extra bday gift! Not much to say other than, thank you J.B. Salsbury for MORE!
Nicla
Favorite to re-read.

Perfection! Loved getting to revisit these amazing characters.
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
This book is sweet, short, and leaves me wanting more of this amazing couple!!! I love Blake Daniels. Layla and him are perfect for each other. Love this little addition to the series of one of my favorite couples.

"This kind of love isn’t a fairy tale meant for dreamers or stuck in the pages of books. It’s real, all-consuming, and soul deep."
~Dawn~TUG
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
**arc received from author for an honest review and blog tour with T and I at http://www.twounrulygirls.com **

Flove this series..can't wait!! Full review for blog tour!! Mmmmm Blake and Mouse heat the kindle screen again...love them, even teared up!

Full Review

Blake and Mouse have not had an easy road to their happily ever after. They are finally cruising along, baby coming, daughter doing great when the past comes and puts a huge obstacle in their path. Not just one of them, but both of them hav
Sarah Robinson
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Perfect short and sweet taste of two of my favorite characters!! Love love love it and can't wait for Masons story!
Amy
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Father's Fight is a great novella from JB Salsbury. This book gives us a little more insight as to how Blake and Layla's life has been since their HEA. Things have been great, but they haven't been perfect for the couple. Layla is receiving mysterious phone calls and Blake is preoccupied with an email and some family drama. Neither one of them can ignore their pasts. But will they be able to put their pasts behind them in order to get their well deserved ending???

I'm just going to keep this sh
Elizabeth
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Fighting Stars

"We’ve all made mistakes, screwed up in varying degrees, but we can’t allow our mistakes to define our future. We have to look ahead, focus on that next step in the right direction, and fight hard to get what we want, even if that feels like throwing punches to the wind."

description

A Father's Fight is part two of Blake and Layla's story. We met Blake and Layla in Book 2 of the Fighting Series. Blake was a damaged playboy who meets Layla and falls fast and hard. Layla is a single mom who h
Melissa
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
****************************************Possible Spoilers**************************************************
First I want to THANK JB for sending me the ARC for this book! It is an Honor to call you my Friend!

My review, my review huh I don't know where to start on this beautifully written novella on Blake and Layla! First, WOOHOO more Blake and Layla, Thank You! I had forgotten how fiercely these two love each other. How much they have fought to be together. "To have peace, you must go to war" an
Maja
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
simply amazing! ! I love Blake and this book made me love him even more . Jamie has done it again . Brilliant Brilliant 55555 stars !!! Absolute must read!!!
AJ
Sep 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
“I’d walk through hell and back if it meant the rest of the life with you.”

4 ‘Happily Ever After’ stars!

I loved this novella. Essentially an epilogue to Fighting to Forgive, this book takes us right back to ex-manwhore and now dedicated family man, Blake, his very pregnant fiancée, Layla, and their fight for their happy ever after.

Blake and Layla both had a lot of personal issues to overcome in order to be together, and this book sees the demons from their pasts resurfacing to threaten their ne
Tracy
Jan 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Heartwarming and Humorous stars!

We left Layla and Blake with one of my all time favorite epilogues. What could make that ending more perfect? Well luckily for us JB Salsbury was not done with their story because A Father’s Fight made me fall even more in love with Blake Daniels.

From the moment I picked up this book with the great 1990’s references I could not put it down. I didn’t feel like there was anything missing from Fighting to Forgive where I first fell in love with Layla and Blake,
Rebecca
Dec 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"Love is what makes the pain of the fight so worth it."

At the heart of JB Salsbury's Fighting series is the idea that regardless of the pain, heartache, or knockdowns, the fight continues, and it's always worth the bumps and bruises along the way as long as when everything is said and done, everything that was fought for comes to fruition.

In Blake and Layla's follow-up novella, A Father's Fight, the past rears its ugly head again, just when everything in their lives is finally coming together.
Kirsty
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!

It had been a while since I had read about Blake and Layla, but the minute I opened this book I was right back where I had left them. I remembered it all.

Blake and Layla are having a baby and couldn't be happier, but before they bask in that happiness, they both have old wounds that need re-opening and dealing with. However painful. Both of their struggles are hard, and watching the two of them struggle through whilst they deal with them, sometimes had me close to t
Soonya
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
I decided to read this one next, because it tells the story of Blake and Layla( Fighting for forgive) and I really wanted to know about them once I finished the first book.
I liked how they built their family and another baby, how they managed to have relationship and how Blake changed( family man that would do anything to protect what's his).

I think the only problem I had with this book was...well It'll probably sound weird but (view spoiler)
Lisa
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015, january
I loved this book so much!!!

photo tumblr_l3zomt1OVw1qzada4-copia_zps0f2011ca.gif

Blake and Layla's love for each other just vibrates off the pages. I laughed, shed a few tears and in the end had a big silly smile on my face.
Lexi Buchanan
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved!!! Blake was so funny at the OB's office - hilarious. I really hope to have a Brae book!!
Bev
I loved Blake the first time round, getting a second helping of him being all possessive and growly I love him even more. A fabulous addition to their story
Kat DM
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
★✩★✩★5-FIGHTING STARS★✩★✩★
*Copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

I've read all five books in the series and I enjoyed everyone of them. This is the continuation of Fighting To Forgive, with Layla "The Mouse" and Blake "The Snake's" story. They have forgiven each other, but the past still haunts them.

photo AFathersFight-Tsr1_zpsa89a4a88.jpg

Layla has been through hell and back. What she had to endure to bring Axelle in to this world, was admirable. It didn't matter how she was conceived, all she wanted was to ra
Cherry Hurtado
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Arc received for honest review****

I'm a fan of this series since book 1. All these characters have a special place in my heart. I love that we get a bit more of Blake. I really liked his character, loved the way he cares so much about Layla and axel. And of course he doesn't disappoint in this book either. Now I have to say this book brought me to happy tears when Layla is giving birth. As a mom I know the feeling of giving birth to a baby and Blake made that scene even more emotional l
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Paige

I loved the second book of Layla and Blake as much as the first. As a couple they show us just how strong their bond is. This is reflected in and out of the bedroom.

Blake’s alpha ways didn’t disappoint. He was strong and demanding when he needed to be but sweet and sensitive when he had to be. Blake made me laugh and cry. I truly love the man and the father he turned into.

Layla has proven how strong she is. Now that she is in a caring, loving relationship she is able shine. She also proves
Angie
I really enjoyed this novella. It packed a punch. Layla and Blake are extremely close to expecting their first child together. It's down to the wire.

The book begins eighteen years ago giving us a peek of Layla's pov the night Axelle was conceived. Things may not be exactly the way Stew portrayed them. Layla is in over her head when a blast from the past desperately wants to talk to her about that night.

Blake is going through his own issues. He's worried he's going to turn out like his own dad. B
M.L.
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
My star rating for this is 4 1/2 out of 5! =)

In A Father's Fight we get to follow the
awesome characters Layla and Blake again during
the aftermath of what happened in Book #2 of
thee Fighting Series.
This was such a beautiful and emotional journey
for both Layla and Blake while dealing with
tough issues from their pasts'. You should
definitely check this one. If you haven't started
this series, you should absolutely check it out!
Great characters & story lines await in each
book. =)

My full review
Evelyn Johnson
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just finished A Father's Fight and I LOVED it... Blake and Layla's story was a must to be told. JB has done it again, her stories are amazingly written and beautiful. This story was funny , sweet, sexy and I got to get my FIX of all the characters. This story has so much emotion and LOVE that it was exactly what we needed. I hope JB keeps writing she is PURE talent and this is one AUTHOR I will NEVER stop reading .... I recommend this book and series to everyone I talk to.
Jaime
I love Blake and Layla they are one of my favourite couple in this series. A perfect end to their story.
Flavs is Mrs David Gandy♥~♥’
I love this series. Think it's the only Fighter Series that I've actually read that I can't get enough of!
Dora Koutsoukou
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 💖👶🌟s
  • Fighting Solitude (On the Ropes, #3)
  • West (Roam #5.5)
  • Promise Me Forever (Pomise Me, #4)
  • Worth the Chance (MMA Fighter, #2)
  • Camden's Redemption (Gloves Off, #4)
  • The Slayer (Untamed Hearts, #2)
  • Brave Heart
  • Uncaged (Corps Security, #3.5)
  • Forever Consumed (Consumed, #3)
  • Girl of Vengeance (Rachel's Peril, #3; Thompson Sisters, #7)
  • Hat Trick (Heller Brothers, #4)
  • In Your Corner (Redemption, #2)
  • Behold the Stars (Signal Bend, #2)
  • Revenge Bound (Tattoo Thief, #3)
  • Priceless (Forbidden Men, #8)
  • Loving You Is Easy (Loving You, #1)
  • Protecting His Own (Masters of the Shadowlands, #11)
  • Tapout (Wayward Fighters, #2)
J.B. Salsbury is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She lives in Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and two kids.

Her love of good storytelling led her to earn a degree in Media Communications. With her journalistic background, writing has always been at the forefront, and her love of romance propelled her career as an author.

She spends the majority of her day behind the computer wh

Fighting (8 books)
  • Fighting for Flight (Fighting, #1)
  • Fighting to Forgive (Fighting, #2)
  • Fighting to Forget (Fighting, #3)
  • Fighting the Fall (Fighting, #4)
  • Fighting for Forever (Fighting, #5)
  • Fighting Fate (Fighting, #6)
  • The Final Fight (Fighting, #7)
  • Uncaged: A Fighting for Flight Short Story
“Amazing how quick life can change. There are periods where we soar and some where we plummet, but as long as we hold fast to what matters, fight for the things that count, we die happy knowing we did our best to battle for what matters most.” 9 likes
“This is the first and most important lesson you'll ever learn in life, son."

"How to take care of the women you love the most.”
4 likes