Start by marking “Screw Friendship (Frank Friendship, #1)” as Want to Read:
Screw Friendship (Frank Friendship, #1)

Screw Friendship

(Frank Friendship #1)

Career-obsessed Rosy Friendship has planned out her future, down to the biotech company she’ll work for once she graduates. Frank is Rosy’s biological dad, a man Rosy’s been shielded from her entire life, a man so monstrous, his own mother has snipped his face from all the family photos.
This summer, the summer Rosy thinks will be the start of her high-flying genetics caree
Published November 8th 2014 by Metacircular Limited (first published November 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Screw Friendship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Screw Friendship

Start your review of Screw Friendship (Frank Friendship, #1)
Anne
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
stepdad
If you think this is awkward, you haven't read Screw Friendship yet.

I honestly didn't quite know what to expect when I started reading this. I saw Liis raving about it for awhile now and thought if she likes it so much, it must be a great read! I was NOT disappointed.

Only a few pages in and I was already thinking it to be greatly refreshing after all the Fantasy I've been reading this past year again. Even though it's really nothing like it, it reminded me a little of 'Two Pints of Lager and a
Katie Postlethwaite
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Outrageous and thoroughly enjoyable – but not for the faint of heart.

If you enjoy the unusual, this one is for you. It is a quirky tale somewhere between mystery and contemporary fiction with elements of suspense and hysterical wit that kept me riveted. I didn't want to put it down. This is the first book in a series, but it is also a stand alone book.

Rosy is a college student who has grown up with her mother and stepfather . She has never met her biological father, and never EVER heard anythi
Liz
Jul 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
EDIT!- If you are starting with this book, then there might come a stage where you think it will be too much for your innocent mind to take. But I really hope that you will give it a chance because nothing is ever as it seems! Specially in this series- you just won't see the twists coming! It's simply that clever! :)

At one stage I really thought- oh ffs, everyone in this book is just crazy. I mean, crazy with papers. And maybe they are, or should be. But that's just life isn't it?!

This book
Naomi
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
All you people who have marked this "To Read": Do yourselves a favour and just read it already!

I probably wouldn't have bought this book if it wasn't for the low price for Book 1 as the reviews gave me no idea what to expect...and that's a good thing by the way. Well done to the other reviewers for not giving the whole book away; that's a rare occurrence in itself these days. The book does defy categorisation; I have no idea which folder to file it in now that I'm finished it...an interesting pr
Utsav Gandhi
Aug 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
N.B.: This is my first review on Goodreads and I am glad I started with this book.

I don't recollect how I stumbled across this book, but I am glad that I did. Screw Friendship is the first book in the Frank Friendship series by R.G. Manse. This book has been described as a "darkly fun mystery" - a very apt description.

This is not your average whodunit mystery, in fact, the mystery in this book does not involve a murder at all. However, there are enough twists and turns to keep one engaged in
Danielle Urban
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Screw Friendship by RG Manse is the best novel I have ever read. A mystery that is fun, exciting, and suspenseful. It is also highly unique in that the story contains no sleuths, no dead bodies, and no detectives. When I first found this out, I wonder how could that be and work so well? Then because my curiosity gave out, I began reading and I found myself not wanting to put the book down until I finished reading it all.

Screw Friendship is a story about a young woman whose boyfriend turns out t
Jamii
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for review. This book has some minor spelling and grammatical errors. However, it was a very interesting read. The main character was a lovely lady with some serious personal problems. There are three characters that are just absolutely despicable, you couldn't like them if you tried. The other characters had me flip flopping, I liked them one minute and not so much the next. I have to tell you this story had my head swirling. I tho ...more
Sindhura
Dec 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dark, different
Darkly fun mystery.

Oh, it's dark alright! Halfway through the book, I had to force myself to read the next page. It's weird, creepy, sexually explicit, and not all that fun to read. But the mystery kept me going and I'm glad I finished it. At first, it looked like one of those books that have too much of disturbing content just so they could claim it as a dark mystery, but in the end, it's the creepiness that sets this book apart. Very different from what you get to read usually and worth a try.
Stacey Wendy  Hammond
An Asexual rapist father who she is sexually attracted to, a step-father who wants to get into her knickers, a naked magician, a guy with a chubby belly....what's not to love about the story of Frank Friendship. I downloaded this as an Amazon freebie, swiftly followed by the other books in the series. Loved it from start to finish. My favourite book of the year by far!
Will T
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing, twist-turny, appallingly enthralling book. Kept myself awake for hours because I couldn't bear to put it down.
Terry
RG Manse is genius!

If Monty Python and Dave Barry had a love child with a mouth like Andrew Dice Clay, he would be the main character Frank Friendship!

Frank is crude and blunt, but totally honest with his view of people and the world.

Don't try to put these works in a box for 2 reasons:

1) These books cannot simply be labeled, mystery, comedy, action, etc., because all of the best elements are there.

2) You'll want to read this series again. There's no way to fully appreciate these books by simpl
Shannon
Feb 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It is hard to put this book into one specific category. The plot is definitely original and written ina way to keep you reading from beginning to end. The characters are well developed and original themselves. We follow Rosy as she finds her biological father and learns about his life. I don't want to give away any of the plot but there are many twists and turns that will keep you guessing until the end. A fast paced book I would recommend to others.
Debbie Carnes
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Rosy the main character is wonderful. Follow her emotional journey to learn more about for biological father. There are a lot of twists and turns.
I will be reading the other two books in this series
Gillian
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A gripping read full of uncomfortable details about the very real characters: you might want to slap a few of them. I can't wait for the second in the series: starting it today!
Andrea Mcbride
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a twisted story ! Very very unique !! And it was super entertaining ! Can't wait to read the next in the series !
Jackie
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly entertaining, with unexpected twists and turns that you don't see coming. Nothing is ever as it seems! Well worth the reading.
Melissa Ann
It was just not my kind of book. Well written but not for everybody.
Jool
Dec 27, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not my kind of book
Tracy Fitzpatrick
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Stars - Disturbing and very awkward, but still an enjoyable story. Frank is by far my favorite character in this book. I am looking forward to seeing what he’s up to in the next one.
Louise K.
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book, fuller review to follow.
Cookie
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had no idea what to expect going into this book, but I decided to give it a go.

First of all, I liked how realistic and believable the characters were. They felt as if they could be your actual neighbours living down the road.

The setting was also very realistic, but I felt the description was lacking since I often had troubling imagining how the scenery was arranged (e.g. in the café).

The mystery surrounding Frank's past was slow-building and infuriating since little pieces of information kept
Helen
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Read this as was free in Amazon kindle ,well ,not quite sure wat to say ,it's amusing but rather dark ,and well,there was a time when I wasn't sure where we where going ,....hints regards plot now .......
there's a lot of fancying ones relations ,be it step dads to daughter and daughter to biological dad ,so prepare an I did grimace at times specially with step dad ,and the weird thing is ,well there's an jnderstanding there an forgiveness and understanding regards these feelings
I giggled st tim
Julie Heintzelman
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was difficult reading this book as it's set in Scotland and I couldn't follow some of the dialogue. The story was creepy with incest innuendo but it all came together in the end. Not sure yet if I want to continue reading the series though.
Joanne
Jan 12, 2016
kathleen
Mar 09, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Sweetpea (Sweetpea, #1)
  • The Girls Across The Bay (Knox and Sheppard, #1)
  • A Cross to Bear (Jack Sheridan Mystery #1)
  • Act Of Contrition (The Eddie Kane Trilogy, #1)
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert, #1)
  • A Trace of Death (Keri Locke Mystery #1)
  • Lie No More
  • See You Soon
  • Bad To The Bones (Evan Buckley Thriller, #1)
  • The Snowdonia Killings
  • Game of Fear
  • The Caretakers
  • Enmity (DI Munro & DS West #3)
  • Silent Crimes
  • Don't Turn Back (DS Karen Hart, #3)
  • A Mersey Killing: When Liverpool Rocked, And The Music Died (Mersey Murder Mysteries, #1)
  • The Others
  • Haunted from Without (Haunted from Without #1-2)
I caught up with local writer R.G. Manse in an odd little cafe near Stockbridge in Edinburgh. Manse writes outrageous stories, closest to contemporary mystery, but not your auntie’s murder mystery. With a genre as popular as mystery, why not stick to the script?
“Too many elves,” Manse says and swills the dregs of a tea gone cold.
I blink at the non sequitur but Manse goes on to clarify.
“I used to r

Frank Friendship (3 books)
  • Pursue Friendship (Frank Friendship, #2)
  • Deny Friendship (Frank Friendship, #3)