Start by marking “The Blue Rose” as Want to Read:

The Blue Rose

Three strangers are on a collision with love and obsession...

When Melissa Medina takes up the position of Spanish teacher to enigmatic businessman Alexander Kane, the attraction between them is instant and intense. The strict lines of employer and employee soon begin to weaken as desire overtakes all other rules.

With wealth and power though, comes exposure. Kane has enem
Published February 1st 2015 by Troubador Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about The Blue Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blue Rose

Samantha
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by A.M. Helen and I have to admit that I'm impressed. My rating is more accurately 4.5 stars. It is a great romance novel for lover's of books like the One Night Trilogy and the This Man Trilogy by Jodi Ellen Malpas. The writing was incredible, the story developed, the characters developed, and there were twists and turns. The story kept you engaged and there was instant attraction between Alexander and Melissa. Both have secrets and secrets, when not shared or explained, c ...more
Carmella Siciliano
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it
I was given an ARC for a honest opinion.

This story is about Alexander and Melissa. They meet when she comes to interview for a position as a Spanish Teacher/Interpreter. Initially, her mother was to interview but she is ill and Melissa hopes she will get the job.

Alexander and Melissa both have secrets, secrets that have torn their souls apart.
Alex has been so emotionally shut down because of his father and events that happened while Melissa was a victim of a horrible crime as a teenager and can
Patricia
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who loves a true romance
Recommended to Patricia by: Netgalley ARC
The Blue Rose

Melissa Medina desperately needs this job to get the bills payed, now that her mom is sick again. Even though she is a fighter, she also knows that she was a victim in the past, but after raising herself from scratch she is not giving up now.

Alexander Kane has always believed that his father's money was cursed and that his life was to be lived in the limit, most importantly to be lived without love.
He has a past filled with bitterness, addictions, and heartache but when he sets eyes
Hart's Reader Group
This is my second book by Ms. Helen. I don't know what to think other than I was disappointed. After the glory that was Five Steps to the Harem, I'd expected more sensuality, chemistry, thrills, chills, and romance.

The Blue Rose fell flat. It felt like the couple were just thrown together and oops, love and sex happened. The loved seemed to forced and sappy, and the sex scenes, while detailed were quick and lacked depth.

The bad guy was freaking insane, and his chilling intent was the best part
Allison
When her mother becomes to ill to attend a job interview for billionaire Alexander Kane, Melissa Medina feels obligated to take her mothers place.
The attraction was instant, and Alex finds himself agreeing to employ Melissa as his Spanish teacher in her mothers absence.

Despite their attraction for one another, things are not always as they appear. Melissa has been hiding from her horrific past for years, as is Alex hinding from his own ghost of the past...

Can the two right each others pasts o
Kari
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 * Not a bad book, but it's a mix of Gideon Cross, Ethan Blackstone and even Christian and a few more.
Bernadette Robinson
I gave this a 6/10 or 3 stars. My thanks to the Publishers and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this story in exchange for an honest review.

This is the first of an erotic series of books aimed at the over 18 market and suitable for fans of that genre. The story sets the scene nicely for the series and leaves us on a cliffhanger, so be warned that you'll be left wanting more.

We all have a past and the past is what makes us who we are. Melissa Medina is a young woman with a past that robbed h
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on The Sassy Bookster

The Blue Rose is very brilliant writing from debut author, A. M. Helen. Overwhelmed by bills and in desperate need of a job, Melissa Medina interviews for a job as a Spanish teacher to billionaire, Alexander Kane, a job that was originally intended for her mother. The instant attraction between them is irresistible and soon they find themselves blurring the line between a professional and personal relationship. In spite of the hot passion be
Karinosa
Feb 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley-reads
Well what really is there to say! I did enjoy these characters. They are strong and hold there own. Melissa had a rough time through out her teen years. Alexander is a billionaire playboy type bachelor ,of course who has a huge promiscuous past. There is something to be said about strong women. Melissa being one of these strong women characters. Who would have thought that her and his past would collide at the same time. She can be strong, but it is frustrating me to no ends that she can be so e ...more
Lauren
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
[image error]

Melissa thinks this is just your everyday interview to teach a very wealthy man. Little does she know she’s about to embark a crazy and passionate love affair/train wreck that will consume her heart and future. The instant she meets Alex the sparks fly and the boundaries between teacher/student are crossed. Will her past collide head on with Alex’s playboy ways? Or does she have what it takes to take the wild womanizer with a heart barely stitched together?

I’m not exactly sure how
Ana Evelyn
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Where to begin with this book? It's a love/hate relationship and I have to admit this book had me a little bit skeptical, it took me a couple chapters to really get into it. I am not sure how I really feel about it the Book itself was well-written I enjoyed the story line however I felt that there was a lot of runaround a lot of the drama kept repeating itself. We knew what was going to happen for most of the story and then it ended that way in the end. I feel like there could've been a differen ...more
Sorcha O'Dowd
What? NOOO! It can't end on that cliffhanger!!

This was a great book which had a great combination of steamy romance, and suspenseful thriller. I was intrigued to see how the thriller aspects were going to unwind, particularly as this was quite a long book, but I loved the quick glances we were given into the villain's life, and I really felt so strongly for Melissa, that I hated the man with everything I had.

Melissa's past abduction and rape was handled tenderly and with real care by A.M. Hele
Peta Benjamin
This was a long book with a cliffhanger ending. Melissa Medina attends an interview with Alexander Kane, a very attractive billionaire, to teach him Spanish so that he can conduct business with Spanish businessmen. Little did Mr Kane know that he would be interviewing Mrs Medina's daughter due to her ill-health. Melissa needs this job to pay for the expensive treatment for her mother and to pay their mortgage and daily living costs. Of course the attraction is instant between them and Alexander, ...more
Ana (:
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ashley Books and Warpaint
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it
This is one of the more interesting reads I've had the pleasure of picking up in quite a while. I get stuck in a book rut and this one was the first one in a couple of months that I read for pure pleasure. Melissa and Alexander have both had difficulties in their lives but it has made them stronger people in the long run. I love how Melissa is healed during the course of the book but there is also enough turmoil that makes it interesting. I already have been searching the web for the release dat ...more
Liz Lawson
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trilogy-series
I was given the second book in this series, never read books by this author so had to start from the beginning. So glad I did. Melissa is a beautiful, scared woman with a dark secret from her abduction years earlier. Alexander is a rich CEO, handsome, charming and on meeting her is floored by her innocence/beauty. Sebastian is the devil she thought she'd escaped from. Giselle is Alexanders ex wife, Cruel, scheming and manipulative with secrets which are used against her to ensue Melissa doubts A ...more
Kirsten
Mar 20, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a good book but there were a few things that just left me speechless. The book starts out as Melissa Medina is getting ready for a job interview with Alexander Kane in place of her ailing mother. She goes to this interview and from here their love story begins. Melissa is very sheltered when it comes to love and intimacy after a very horrible event in her life when she was younger and I am definitely glad that Alexander seemed to have gone at Melissa's pace and didn't try to push her. B ...more
Illustrious Illusions
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC for an honest review

First let me say that this book ends with a cliffhanger and I want to know what happened! LOL

Overall I enjoyed the story. It started a little slow but I never lost complete interest and by about 30% I was hooked and waiting for more. But the big thing I was waiting to have happen never did, so I really want to read the next book in the series.

Overall, the characters are likable, and I like the variety of them and hope a few get a spinoff book or a bit of ti
Angelnet
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley, on-kindle
Melissa Medina turns up at the house of Alexander Kane. He's looking for a Spanish tutor and is expecting her middle aged mother. Kane is a playboy billionaire. Married once and ever since has had a bevy of beauties on his arm, None for very long. Meeting Melissa changes his life. Changes his soul.

Melissa is fragile and damaged. Still recovering from an incident when she was a teenager it is hard for her to trust anyone and even harder to trust a strange and forceful man.

As time passes they un
Sherri Williamson
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Sherri by: NetGalley
Oh My God!! You have a great way to make a woman pull her hair out Ms. Helen! I loved that both Alexander and Melissa had heartbreaking pasts, and it wasn’t one or the other who was in need of saving, it was both. I smirked, cried, laughed, and ranted while reading about their romance coming to life. And the “Evil Ones” (as I call Sebastian and Gisele) are so evil I want to drop-kick them both! But that ending! OMG! That ending! Now I have to sadly wait for the next book to come out. (Please Ms. ...more
Tequila
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Omg I can not wait for the next book in this series! It has everything, steamy sex, colorful characters, mystery, suspense, troubled pasts….everything that makes a great book.

The more I read, the more I got pulled into the story. I don't know how many times I found my heart racing from wondering what was going to happen next. If you're not into cliffhanger endings, you do hate this book because it leaves the reader with one doozy of a cliffhanger and I am dying to know what happens next!
Onnica (I Love Romantic Fiction blog)
Dnf at 40% due to:
- Stereotyping of gay character - so ott and sex-obsessed
- The dialogue. Stilted and unrealistic. Nobody speaks like that in real life
- I see where the plot is headed and it's all a bit Dynasty
So that's why I'm out. I vowed to read fewer but better books this year and unfortunately, this isn't one of them.
Barone1997live.com
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was quickly engrossed in Melissa and Alex's story and found myself at the last page far too quickly and yearning to know more of what becomes of them! This story is filled with hot sex, heart breaking background stories and villains you love to hate! Can't wait to read the second book to find out what happens!
Deborah
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found the beginning of the story a bit difficult but once I had got more involved in the story and given it a chance I really enjoyed it. Very different to the first book of hers I read - Five steps to The Harem which is probably why I took a while to settle down but they are both very enjoyable and highly recommended.
ARC from AM Helen
Mar 31, 2015 rated it liked it
ARC received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Didn't realise that it was a two parter, so I was frustrated with the pace of the book from about midway.
I like the story, it's strong characters and the scenery.
It's quite an angsty tale and a good read.
Denise Koopman
Oct 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Overall I enjoyed the story. It started a little slow but I never lost complete interest and by the third or fourth chapter, I was hooked and waiting for more. But the big thing I was waiting to have happen never did, so I really want to read the next book in the series.
Jessica Alcazar
for the love of God, a little warning on the cliffy business would have been nice! #dammitman!

FULL review will come when the end of this story comes ......
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
Ugh, DNF..... I just can't. I think this book was written by someone who doesn't speak English as a first language. The dialogue is clunky and awkward.
Tamra LeValley
Aug 23, 2015
K
Mar 16, 2015
A M Helen is the British author of contemporary romance, dark erotica and romantic suspense novels.

Her writing trademarks are books filled with emotional romance, mystery, twists and turns, heart breaking background stories and villains you love to hate!