Start by marking “The New Avengers Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
The New Avengers Vol. 2

The New Avengers Vol. 2 (The New Avengers Hardcover Collection #2)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  146 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Secrets and lies revealed!

Who is Ronin, and why has Captain America recruited him into the fold? How did Spider-Woman get her powers back, and to whom does she answer? And in the wake of the world-changing House of M, where did all the power go? The New Avengers' latest gauntlet subjects them to attack and intrigue as they discover who their most powerful enemy really is!

Published April 16th 2008 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about The New Avengers Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The New Avengers Vol. 2

Jul 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Man, reading these "old" New Avengers stories is making realize how much cool shit I was missing back when these were still coming out. Bendis has a way of seamlessly weaving mystery into big, ridiculous superheroics, and it just makes these books some of the hardest to put down on the planet.

Now, this one is by no means perfect (though Vol. 1 kind of was?). The mystery of who Jessica Drew is actually working for has been building fairly slowly since the start of the series, and in this volume a
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This second volume of New Avengers has fallout from “Secret War” and “House of M”. After 42 supervillains escaped from the Raft, the New Avengers formed to track them down and renew efforts to protect people as a team.

The first third of the book deals with Spider-Woman, and where her loyalties truly lie. When the team goes to Japan after the Silver Samurai, Jessica encounters Madame Hydra and subsequently lets her escape. The team confronts her; it seems that Nick Fury went underground after Se
Bob Parks
Jan 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic
What made this a 4 star read for me was the first story. Rarely in the funny books do you come across an entire issue where you have costumed Avengers having dinner/breakfast and not a single fist fight breaks out. Not only that, but there is no lurking menace, no doom waiting. Just a bunch of heroes hang out having breakfast and planning for the future. The dynamic between Luke and Jessica will be the key to this series, I think. It makes this Avengers more family, like the FF, than the other A ...more
Jun 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'm going to need someone to explain to me what happened in this book. The first volume was great at getting new readers up to speed, but this one dug too far back into mutant history (and it's an Avengers book!) for me to follow. Still, it was pretty nifty, and I want to be Maria Hill's BFF. And Jessica Drew's.

Also, Yay wedding! It gets an extra star just for those great peeks into the non-super sides of their lives.
Dean Olson
Feb 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Secret and Lies revealed the "mystery" of who was Ronin. Everyone suspected and it was even suppose to be Daredevil. But they were able to change it and still have it fit the story with who it is. Finch's artwork is a little messy but I still enjoy his work. 4/5

The next arc, "The Collective", starts well but descends into madness when they bring Xorn into it. Making it even more of a mess. The artwork was pretty messy. 2/5
Sep 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I started this a while back and the first story arc was pretty good but nothing amazing. Then I got to the Collective story arc and wow. I sat down one night with the intention of only reading one issue, I ended up finishing the book and then Vol 3 the next day. This is where Bendis' New Avengers really takes off and becomes excellent. Definite recommend for anyone into comics.
Sep 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Mr. Bendis is a pretty darn good writer.
Nov 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Not to be confused with the PREVIOUS "New Avengers Vol.2" !?!?!

Whoops this IS the PREVIOUS New Avengers Vol.2!

I think I remember liking it.
Valery Tzvetanov
Ron Jenkins
Mar 25, 2014
Jul 13, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

More about Brian Michael Bendis...

The New Avengers Hardcover Collection (7 books)
  • The New Avengers Collection Vol. 1