Start by marking “More Than Distance (Chasing The Dream, #5)” as Want to Read:
More Than Distance (Chasing The Dream, #5)

More Than Distance

(Chasing the Dream #5)

She’s off-limits, but he’s the only one who can help her…

Carla Jackson has her life all mapped out, so when her plans fall apart she’s more lost than ever. A spot on the reality TV show Road Trip Race seems like the perfect escape, except she needs a partner. The only option is her brother’s best friend: the man she’s secretly loved forever and the last person she wants to
Paperback
Published January 10th 2017 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about More Than Distance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than Distance

Gaufre
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Best-friend little sister trope and road trip. Cute. Nothing deep. Slightly repetitive.

The rating is a little harsh because I wanted an easy read and this book was exactly that. So it is good in the "light fluffy" category. But under the general "contemporary romance" umbrella, it is not that great.
Alison
Three and a half stars.

I was convinced I had read this before, perhaps I just got part way and dropped it?

Carla Jackson was madly in love with her brother's best friend Ryan Evans. She was the annoying younger sister who tagged along everywhere and Ryan was so sweet to her until the night she huilated herself. That night she left home and moved to New York where she's been studiously avoiding Ryan ever since. A successful model the world is at her feet until in quick succession her spot as a jud
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!
I loved the Chasing The Dream series. More Than Distance was one of my favorites. I could not put it down once I started it!!

There are something things I love in books. Brother's best friend and brother's little sister are one of my favorite types of reads. LOVE them.

Carla is having a tough time in her life right now. The job she was hired to do fell through, her paren's decided to separate, and her one time crush and the man who broke her heart in back home and in Carla's parent's k
Book Gannet
3.5 stars.

If you’re a fan of best-friend's-little-sister romances, then you should have fun with this. I have to admit it’s a trope I don’t have much patience for at the moment, but I like this series and I’ve been waiting to see how Carla’s story would pan out. And for the most part it’s an enjoyable read, filled with reality TV challenges, a bit of drama, emotional angst and plenty of heat.

Although, if I’m honest, there isn’t much of a plot. Carla starts out the book with her plans already sta
Carien
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think this is my least favorite book in this series and I still very much enjoyed it.

I might have mentioned before I often have a hard time connecting with the heroines in Contemporary Romance. So far I didn't have that problem in Briggs' books, but I had trouble connecting with Carla. Even with the problems she had in her past and the problems she has with her family, she just seemed too perfect for me. Successful model, car mechanic, every guys dream girl. Meh...

And Ryan didn't really impres
Andrea
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm sad this is the last book in this series. This book is everything I need in an awesome road trip, scavenger hunt, reality show story. I laughed so much in this and I absolutely love Carla and Ryan! They gave me all the feels. This is a great series and I hope we get a novella or something in the future!
Melanie Hooyenga
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I first discovered Elizabeth Briggs about a year ago and quickly read all her books. So when I got the chance to read More Than Distance before it’s official release, you know I snapped it up!

Carla is a strong woman who’s had everything bad happen all at once, but she doesn’t let that keep her down – even when the love of her life shows up unexpectedly. Ryan is as dreamy a lead character as any Brigg’s has written, and I loved the tension between them immediately.

The two join forces to compete
Cátia
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For more reviews click HERE

Actual Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

*I was provided a copy by the author in exchange for an honest review

Guys, after waiting for months for More than Distance I finally read it and I’m so happy about it. If you don’t know I already read and reviewed all the books in the Chasing the Dreams series and this is one of my favorite new adult series out there.
I was really excited for this one mainly for two reason. First of all, this is the last book in the series so I knew it w
Michelle
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've been a fan of this series since the very first book, so going into More Than Distance I was excited but also sad. I couldn't wait to see what the next installment held but also didn't want this book to end, knowing that when I turned the final page it was all over.

Carla, is someone who we have previously met in More Than Fashion, where she is the model for Julie. Now that school is over Carla plans to move to NY for her new job, and to live near Julie and Gavin. However, unforeseen circumst
Beth Tilley
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it
This was my first Elizabeth Briggs novel. Elizabeth writes a good story, but I felt like I could not connect with the characters. They seemed one dimensional. The first half of the book has Carla and Ryan avoiding each other. Then, the second half the book has them having sex every chance they get. Now, don't get me wrong, I love a spicy novel, but struggled to find the actual plot story somewhere in there.
Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)
Read full review HERE

description

Oh boy, this last book of the series took a seriously long time to come, but hell, it was worth it. This one, guys, is now my favorite book of this series, and I loved this series already. But there’s just something about childhood friends finding love together, right?

First of all, I’m super glad that Elizabeth Briggs went with the dual POV model for this book again. See, not all books in the series are dual POV, but I’m beyond happy that this one is, because I think it was
Sarah Davis
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:
Carla: "It's so beautiful. The stars, the moon. You never see a night like this in LA." I glanced over at Ryan, but he was staring at me with his dark, intense eyes. I nudged him, feeling self-conscious. "You're not looking!"
Ryan: "I'm looking at the most beautiful thing here. You outshine the moon and all the stars."
My mouth fell open. I couldn't form words. Ryan, who'd rejected me time and time again, was now telling me I was beautiful.

Carla: Ryan was my favorite "what if," the
Peťa
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This whole series is so so good that it's a tough decision to pick the best book. I can't :) All are perfect...each it's own way. I love book with strong characters, passion a desire to accomplish their dreams. And this series is full of them. I'm just sad that it's over a there will be no more books about this bunch of friends.
Eli
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Actually my rating is 2.5 stars.
April Simons
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfection. I love the entire series but there is something special about these two.
Synergy_Quest
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No surprises

A brother’s best friend /friends to lovers story, More Than Distance isn’t breaking any new ground but it’s a nice easy read all the same.
Pam Foster
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a brilliant read!! I have really enjoyed this whole series but this has been my favourite story. The chemistry between Carla and Ryan is fantastic and totally believable, their back stories are solid, I like that it's set a little further down the time line from the last book and we get glimpses of the characters in the previous books. The whole series is on KU which is an added bonus if you have enjoyed the series then you will love this, but you could easily read it as a stand alone too.. ...more
Thu
Jan 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute! I like the concept of the reality show in this one. Also: Hamilton, Harry Potter, and biracial characters? It's like this book was made for me.
Deb Fernow
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just when you thought you knew what was going to happen, it doesn’t! This is a fun read, a little emotion, a little hot sex, and of course the HEA we all want and expect! I thoroughly enjoyed this one and closed the last page with a smile on my face and a hug in my heart!

Carla Jackson, the rule follower, note taker, life planner – she has to have everything done according to plan or her life will fall apart – or so she thinks. As long as she can control things, her heart can’t be broken. She’s g
Angela Martin
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book

Another great book from this author. Loved every book in the chasing the dream series . First time I have read any form this author
Monica
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much. I have read several of Elizabeth Briggs' books now and have been thoroughly entertained and taken on a journey every time.

Carla Jackson has known Ryan most of her life and had a crush on him most of that time. When he walked out of her life to go to college when she was 16 she finally told him how she felt but he left her anyway. Now she is shocked to find him back in town, just when it seems nothing is going right and her life is completely falling apart. Then an une
Ashley - Book Labyrinth
Elizabeth Briggs' Chasing the Dream series has been one of my favourite NA romance series from the very first book. This last work in the series, More Than Distance, is a more than perfect ending to it. The series is based around several reality shows, with this book featuring an Amazing Race-esque scavenger hunt road trip across the States. Sound perfect already? Pretty much. Then add in an older brother's best friend/(sort of) second chance romance?? Total romance novel fan catnip.

If you've re
Chandra Johnson
Feb 13, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
what snooze

please skip this book i caught my eye because its was interracial congrats but omg i flipped through so many chapters just to get to the end
Sheila Schoenauer
I love the concept of this book. I've never been into many reality TV shows but I found it unique how the author got into how this particular reality show worked. I loved following Carla and Ryan as they went on this adventure. It was unique watching Carla step out of her norm but also show Ryan just how strong of a woman she truly could be. I loved when they finally gave into their attraction to each other and admitted that they had feelings for each other. Great read and would definitely read ...more
Kimkbries
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of this series! This book like the others did not disappoint. Carla fell for her brother's best friend when she was 16. Then he left. Now he is back. Ryan had always cared about Carla but being his best friends sister she is off limits. When Ryan and Carla go on a journey, their story was one I could not put down. I enjoyed this story of realizing what is important in life, finding happiness and not settling for anything less.
Lindsay
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Carla and Ryan are the couple that you want to lock in a room until they kiss and make up. There's so much passion in their "non-relationship" that you just want to shake them to say 'why don't you see you are meant to be!?'
The reality show is the perfect trial for them to go on to rekindle what they had, or well didn't get a chance to have. I love that this book brought out my emotions and am glad that there's a HEA in it for the reader.
I'm totally #TeamRyla
Jo
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More Than Distance ( Chasing the Dream Book 5

This is the fifth book in the series they are standalone stories but the characters appear in all the books. This one was my favorite it was a interesting story with lovable characters I would definitely recommend. No cliffhanger and a HEA
Kaetrin
pre-order from Amazon.
TSN
DNF

Nope, not something for me.
Rosa
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was a good read.Solid storyline.

• Nearly Undone (Nearly, #3)
  • With Me In Seattle Bundle Two
  • Reputation (Backlash, #2)
  • My Roommate's Girl
  • Attack of the Not-So-Virtual Monsters (Gamer Squad #1)
  • Searching for You (Searching For, #2.5)
  • Moan for Hubby (Moan for Uncle, #7)
  • Christmas in the City II
  • Home Free (Heaven Hill, #8)
  • The Raven's Child
  • Just One Spark
  • Fatal (Fierce, #4)
  • Love Amplified (Heavy Influence, #3)
  • The Misapprehention of Violet Hall
  • Untitled (Flirting in Italian, #3)
  • Bad Cop (Immortalis, #2)
  • Hear Me
  • Ricochet ( Desert Ghosts MC, #1)
Elizabeth Briggs is the New York Times bestselling author of the Future Shock trilogy and the Chasing The Dream series. She graduated from UCLA with a degree in Sociology, currently mentors teens in writing, and volunteers with a dog rescue group. Elizabeth lives in Los Angeles with her husband and a pack of fluffy dogs. Find her online at http://www.elizabethbriggs.net/

Chasing the Dream (6 books)
  • More Than Exes (Chasing The Dream, #0.5)
  • More Than Music (Chasing The Dream, #1)
  • More Than Comics (Chasing The Dream, #2)
  • More Than Fashion (Chasing The Dream, #3)
  • More Than Once (Chasing The Dream, #4)