Start by marking “Dream Hunter” as Want to Read:
Dream Hunter

Read Book

Dream Hunter

Cynthia’s dreams are so real, they are actually coming true – complete with the prerequisite dream guy. But things are not as they seem.

Who said dreams are sweet?

Published (first published December 30th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dream Hunter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream Hunter

Abigail
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was ok
*I was given a free copy of this novella in exchange for an honest review, contains spoilers*

This novella is a quick-read involving a guardian angel and his charge, and a sort-of mystery. The story started out great and I was immediately drawn in to what seemed to be a twist on the idea of a guardian angel. It very quickly became confusing to the point of absurdity. The character's thoughts would bounce back and forth from the "mystery" at hand to sex so often I got a headache trying to keep up.
Theresa Needham fehse
Apr 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Free book for honest review. julisbookreview.blogspot.com

Who said dreams are sweet?

Chicago businesswoman Cynthia Courtland is completely focused on her career when a sensual, reoccurring dream disrupts her orderly life. Then a threat against her workplace forces her to take time off. She is lost with nowhere to go–only her empty apartment.

Work is Gabe’s life
Mar 31, 2015 rated it liked it

Who said dreams are sweet?

Work is Gabe’s life too; he takes it very seriously and will do whatever it t
Kim
Mar 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Dream Hunter felt a bit like a dream – not really having an explanation of why things are the way they are. We are along for the ride and waiting to see the end of the dream. It starts like we all do, with a drab Monday running for work and wishing for more sleep and dreams. Cynthia has the boring job where she’s not being used to her potential but can’t afford to lose the job. Cynthia has been having the best of dreams for a while now. So why not day dream a little bit too. As her Monday begins ...more
LBAS Book Blogs
Do you ever have dreams tht were so vivid, so exciting you thought they were real. Is it difficult sometimes to distinguish between dreams and reality. Well, this is what Cynthia has been experiencing. Sometimes she dreams even when she is awake and it's difficult to tell what is real and what isn't. When she is put in jeopardy by a threat at work, Gabe, the man who is her protector from her dreams comes to her rescue. But all isn't as it seems.

I likes the premise of this paranormal story as the
Diana
Feb 21, 2015 rated it liked it
I received this this book for an honest review. This book is a Paranormal romance, and I really enjoyed reading it, once I made it through the first chapter which seemed a little slow and choppy. The copy I had was an ARC and hopefully it got fixed. The main character Cynthia comes off a a bit of a bitch, but I'm ok with that. It went well with the slight mystery in the story. The romance/sex with Gabe is there from the beginning, but the first sex scene ends so quickly that you're not sure what ...more
Karen Shortridge
May 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given this for my honest review, if you like to be swept away in your dreams then you will love this short story. Cynthia has reoccurring dreams so life like that they start to affect her daily life, the man has no name but is everything she wants then one day in work a strange parcel arrives and her life is thrown up in the air so to speak, her dream man becomes real and wants to protect her..... this mystery with the steamy scenes gets you thinking which just says a lot about the author ...more
S.K. Gregory
Feb 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Dream hunter features Cynthia, a woman working for a firm in Chicago. She has been having weird dreams about a man, after a threat to the company she works for she runs into her dream man who is actually a guardian angel.
This book definitely has potential but it felt like something was missing. The characters lacked substance and I felt that Cynthia trusted Gabe far to quickly. I feel it could be improved if it was taken slower and perhaps the danger was increased. A promising start.
Rebecca Larsen
Feb 13, 2015 rated it liked it
3 Stars

The writing is good, however, I felt that their was little emotional involvement. I never felt any emotion while reading this. I think the author could work some more on getting a reader emotionally invested in the book.

This story does have a good plot and with a little more work, I believe it has the potential to become a 5 star read.
Michele Thompson
Feb 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
I started this book not really knowing anything about the actual story. I think the premise of the book is good, and the main character, Gabe sounds just dreamy and hot! The actual writing itself is good as is most of the editing. I think it could've been more fleshed out and have a stronger ending, but all-in-all it's a romantic read...
Elizabeth Robbins
Mar 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I give this story 4 out of 5 stars. Dream Hunter could easily have been a full-length novel, with the amount of plot it holds. The characters could have used a little more depth, and the condensed plots made it a little confusing at times, but it was still an extremely enjoyable and thought-provoking story. Definitely a solid 4!
Colleen Everly
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this book it was a well written novella. I enjoyed the story. i liked the twist in the middle the author took the story in a different direction than I thought she was. I like surprises. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Aly
Feb 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Guardian Angels, who hasn't always dreamed of a handsome guardian angel. This book was very interesting and a fun and easy read. Anyone wanting to dream about your guardian angel with Maya Tyler should check this book out. * I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*
Angela
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
---I got this book in exchange for a review---

It was overall a good book. It was not one I would normally get for myself, however. I felt like it jumped around a lot and was hard to follow. There were also some parts that needed more answers, I felt. It was a good read though, but short
Melissa Bell
Mar 24, 2015 rated it liked it
I think this is a well written novella. I would probably say it falls into the paranormal romance category. I did find that some of the twists and turns in the plot were somewhat disjointed but overall it was a pleasant romantic read.
Kay Collins
Feb 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: finished
I believe Maya did an exceptional job in writing this book. It is a mixture of a little of mystery, fantasy and sensual. If you are looking for an erotic type read then this book is not what you are looking for. This book is more of a light and easy fun read.
Helen Lloyd
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Refreshing and entertaining, thoroughly enjoyed. Well written if a bit short, will be looking out for the next book.
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Heather
Book provided by Maya Tyler
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

This was a quick, enjoyable read. I really liked the main characters, Gabe and Cynthia. They work very well together because they seem like complete opposites. Where Cynthia is headstrong and doesn’t like to follow orders, Gabe is very laid back and believes that the rules are important, most of the time.

Since the setting of the story flips back and forth between Cynthia’s dreams and reality, the storyli
Julie
Dream Hunter by Maya Tyler is a publication. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Cynthia Courtland is a business professional being plagued by dark erotic dreams to the point of distraction. Who is the man she thinks of as “Old World Man” and why has he invaded her sleep?

Dream walkers are always fascinating to read about, and while it seems kind of disturbingly intrusive, it also has as an erotic pull, but also a way for otherworldly beings to communicate to peo
Maya Tyler
Sep 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
"a quick, fun and sexy read" Reviewed by Janelle Alex, Ph.D. for Readers' Favorite

Maya Tyler's short paranormal fiction Dream Hunter will have readers thinking twice about their dreams. If a strange but very sexy man begins popping up in one's dreams, then suddenly seems to appear in waking daily life, the dreamer might have a more personal grasp of what Cynthia experienced in Dream Hunter. Her dreams seem so real, but at the same time she believes they are just that - dreams. However, when her
Ashley Tomlinson
Aug 18, 2015 rated it liked it
This was a fast read that I sped through in an hour. It has that paranormal element that I always love in a story and was fast paced. Who doesn't love a good guardian angel story and especially when a guy from your dreams shows up in real life. That would be awesome!

It was difficult for me to follow along at times because everything seemed so scattered around. Cynthia's thoughts went from one thing to the next, to the next and never stopped. I imagine that would be what my mind is like but it wa
Sandra Leblanc
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A five-star read

I was gifted this book by the author and I'm sure glad to. I love the characters, Gabe is sexy as all get out, the sex scenes are very well written. And I would recommend this book to everyone I know, I cannot wait to read something else by this author. Good Job
Maya
Apr 17, 2015
N.L. Gervasio
Dec 30, 2014
Michelle
rated it did not like it
Mar 24, 2015
Christina Belcher
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dream Hunter by Maya Tyler instantly snagged me into the storyline on the first page, well really the first sentence.

Ms. Tyler’s descriptions and character development are unique and exciting. She uses a great skill of giving birth to characters and a story that will drop you into a fantasy world where we have guardian angels watching over and protecting us.

There is a something or someone after Cynthia and her troubles begin when a strange package is delivered to her office. Her world changes ye
Alison
rated it it was ok
Mar 30, 2015
Ada
Dec 14, 2018
Maya Tyler is a multi-published author of paranormal romance novels. An avid reader, Maya writes the books she loves to read—romances! She believes in true love and the magic of “True Love's Kiss.” Maya’s paranormal romances come with complex plot twists and happily-ever-afters. Maya draws inspiration for her characters from her real-life experience and educational background. Her degree in Commer ...more