Start by marking “Syndrome X: The Complete Nutritional Program to Prevent and Reverse Insulin Resistance” as Want to Read:

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  94 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
You can feel great again!

""Syndrome X proactively lays out a nutritious, tasty, and simple diet plan to get us back to the basics of healthy nutrition.""-Lendon H. Smith, M.D., New York Times bestselling author of Feed Your Body Right

""Syndrome X is the best new book to help you understand the facts about nutrition, health, and aging. . . . It is full of new information an
Published December 1st 2000 by Wiley (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Syndrome X, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Syndrome X

Emily
Feb 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: diet, non-fiction
This lovely volume has a wealth of information. It discusses the fact that diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc., are not individual problems to be dealt with one by one, but that they are all related and should be treated as such. One of the points that I loved about this book was their emphasis on Nutritional Therapy instead of taking a million drugs. The discuss the pros and cons of many different diets and give ideas how to help reverse the symptoms of Syndrome X itself. Ther ...more
Kelly Druszkowski
Excellent book lots of great information

This book was filled with great information not only about what causes syndrome X. But also how to reverse it. It is well organized, and easy to read. I will definitely be trying these recommendations. And will be on the lookout for other books by this author.
Kimberly
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book because it dealt a lot more with the science and domino effect of hormones and chemical reactions in our bodies more than just "don't eat bread." The last few chapters I skimmed through because they dealt a lot with why certain vitamins are important and they're specific benefits, which I had just been to a mini-seminar on so redundant for me.

I also appreciated that, while there is a section that talks about what to eat/ what to avoid, with some simple suggestions, hal
Lynn  Davidson
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I am not the one who read this book as I purchased it for, and had it sent to, a friend. He found it to be well-written with good information. It has helped him understand the relationship between diet and a pre-diabetic condition.
Denise
Mar 17, 2010 rated it it was ok
This book is a complete nutritional program to prevent and reverse insulin resistance, lose weight, clear mental fuzziness, increase energy. The main message is to basically eat less carbs/sweets and eat more protein.
Lee Anne
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sounds like the whole western world had better start reading some labels!?!?! Hope this one saves my life: reads like it was written for me.
Louis McCall
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Syndrome X is a most comprehensive book. It is science-based and yet easy to understand. I am applying it now to take my diet and lifestyle to the next level.
Robert Palasciano