Start by marking “Freed by Flame and Storm (Bound by Blood and Sand, #2)” as Want to Read:
Freed by Flame and Storm (Bound by Blood and Sand, #2)

Freed by Flame and Storm

(Bound by Blood and Sand #2)

Revolution is nigh, and one seventeen-year-old girl stands at the head of it all.

Jae used to be a slave, laboring with the rest of her people under a curse that forced her to obey any order she was given. At seventeen, she found the source of her people’s lost magic and became the only person to break free—ever. Now she wants to use her power to free the rest of her people
Published December 12th 2017 by Delacorte Press

Book Two of the Bound by Blood and Sand series
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date: December 12, 2017
Rating: 3 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Kelly Sierra
Apr 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, I read this book right after the first book... I couldn't help myself. In lieu of writing a big review (which I did for the first book) I am going to keep this one simple, since there are 6 more months before it comes out. This book picked up where the last one ended, and not much has changed. Jae and Elan are still trying to figure out where the knife, that can end the Closest oppression, is or even how to destroy it. As they get closer into the city, they find unexpected allies, enemies, ...more
Becky
Mar 22, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Oh hey - I wrote this! And it's out now!

FREED finishes the story begun in BOUND BY BLOOD AND SAND. Jae now has full control of her magic, and has sworn to use it to free her people -- but she knows doing so will spark a war, and those same people may well end up slaughtered. She never asked to be a leader, but now she holds the fate of thousands in her hands.

Meanwhile Elan, who walked away from his family, must face the consequences of that decision when he faces his own sister in battle.

Basic
Renata
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, fiction
An enjoyable and satisfying conclusion to this duology! I especially loved seeing more of the worldbuilding & magic system--it's different from other fantasy books I've read but also wasn't overwhelmingly complex for my tastes.
Willa McAllister
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. Absolutely loved it! I thought it was a very fitting sequel and I hope the author continues to build stories in the world she has created.
Jamie Coudeville
So, I didn't like this one as much as the first book. I had some issues with the beginning and middle, but loved the ending. Overall a good duology, with interesting characters.

I will be keeping my eye on more books from this author.
LaRonda (Flying Paperbacks)
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-shelf
You can see my full review here!

This was a satisfying finale. After the events of the last book, Jae and Elan are trying to free the Closest for real this time with the potential of war on their heels. While reading, I found that the story was slow, but the pacing was fast? I mean, I found in no time I was on chapter 10 yet it felt like I was trudging through the story.

However, I was having fun with the events that were happening. Jae in this installment was amazing, more so than in book one if
Sara (A Gingerly Review)
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, physical-2017
I loved Jae's story so much. This was such a non-stop adventure full of twists and turns I never saw coming. Excellent job, Becky!

FRTC.

----------

Full review AND GIVEAWAY can be found here: https://agingerlyreview.wordpress.com...

**I received an ARC in exchange for my honest review.**

I stumbled upon Becky Allen’s first book in this duology, Bound by Blood and Sand, last year and fell madly in love with Jae and her quest. The underlying plot (oppressed people versus the upper class with power) is
Sasha
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First I would like to state that I received this book through the Goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review. I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity and honor in being able to read this book. When I received this book I began reading it at once. I loved the story so much. This was a non-stop adventure full of twists and turns that I hadn’t seen coming. This is a good fantasy novel. A second book in the series that can be read as a standalone novel. I had not rea ...more
Lori
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really pleased the author kept this as a two-book story, and that THANK GOD there wasn't a love triangle. Well-written, with great world building that never dove too deep into the weeds but wasn't shallow either. No crazy reveals; just lots of good story that builds and builds upon itself.

Best of all, characters don't stupidly hide crap from each other for no reason. At no point did I yell "if they would just TALK to each other there would be no problems!" the way so many other books in this vei
Sharanya
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As Jae’s world explodes into revolution, new factions and new problems emerge in this very exciting sequel. I really loved how the world expanded, involving new characters & shifting loyalties. The multifaceted ways that the privileged and the oppressed struggled with each other was refreshingly realistic, & the slight mentions of romance were neatly done. A powerful story about the power of social justice.
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't review this objectively, since Becky is one of my closest friends, but as someone who was part of the workshopping progress for the first book in this series, I found it thrilling to get the chance to read this sequel, falling back into the familiar world and characters but following brand-new and surprising plot developments. A lovely reading experience in every way.
dawn rahe
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Tara Rebilas, Alison Ernst
Freed by Flame and Storm (Bound by Blood and Sand, #2)
by Becky Allen Another home run. Freed by Flame and Storm was an absolute page turner. Jae the go to Savior. Many trials come her way which push her to the limits. This series is a definite favorite. Thank you, Becky!
Read InAGarden
Sep 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Good fantasy novel. A second book in the series that can be read as a stand alone novel.
Brian Wright
Dec 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Liked the story and how it all ended. Sometimes it good when an author doesn't prolong a series.
Lydia MPLS
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous storytelling and a very believable plot line. Highly recommended.
Diana-christie
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: boring
The first one was better. :(
Marshall Campbell
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. I couldn't put the book down. It has 323 pages, and I read it in a week.
Megan Ringrose
Dec 01, 2016
Yuri
Dec 17, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Fall Far from the Tree (Fall Far from the Tree, #1)
  • Nutcracked
  • Given to the Earth (Given Duet, #2)
  • Untitled (Guardians of Tarnec, #4)
  • The Rose in the Briar
  • The Ice-Maiden and Other Tales
  • Tiger Queen
  • Dreaming Darkly
  • Light Years
  • Heart of Ash (Blood and Salt, #2)
  • Lost Crow Conspiracy (Blood Rose Rebellion, #2)
  • The Society (Ascension, #4)
  • Burn (Scan, #2)
  • The Broken World (Marked Girl #2)
  • The True Queen (The Impostor Queen, #3)
  • Nameless Queen
  • Untitled (Transference, #3)
  • Iron Man: The Gauntlet
Becky Allen grew up in a tiny town outside Ithaca, New York, and graduated from Brandeis University with a major in American studies and a minor in journalism. She is the website director of TheBody.com, an online HIV resource, and loves New York, brunch, and feminism. Becky lives in New York City.

Bound by Blood and Sand (2 books)
  • Bound by Blood and Sand (Bound by Blood and Sand #1)