Start by marking “Community Affairs” as Want to Read:
Community Affairs

Community Affairs

A tale of kidnapping, murder, and neighbors you’d like to kidnap and murder…

Bonnie Fattori is a sexy, sassy, Italian Princess living in New Jersey. She’s loving life with a rich husband, beachfront living, and a promotion at work—until a new neighbor, Lyla Spratt, is determined to destroy her happiness.

After several run-ins with the unstable woman next door, Bonnie starts
Paperback
Published (first published January 27th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Community Affairs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Community Affairs

Kayla
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books, blogged
We all have 'those' neighbors who are just a pain whose main goal is to just make you say 'ugh'. The thrill of figuring out the neighbors' secret kept me reading all day to finish! What is up with the crazy neighbor, Lyla, next door? Why does she have it out for Bonnie? This book is written to be realistic and to think that something like this could, and probably does, happen just makes you shake your head in disbelief. Quick read on the weekend!

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an
Yvonne
Feb 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bonnie Fattori is loving life. She has two beautiful daughters, a rich neurosurgeon husband, a beachfront home and a promotion at work. She is about to be sworn in as Coral Beach, New Jersey’s new municipal clerk but on her way to the swearing in ceremony, she has a run in with her crazy new neighbors, the Spratts. Bonnie refers to the wife as Lemon Face since she always looks like she’s sucking on a lemon.

Lyla Spratt begins to get nuttier with each day. She has convinced herself, and everyone a
Autumn Is Azathoth
Review: COMMUNITY AFFAIRS by Michele Lynn Seigfried (A Jersey Shore Mystery #3)

Even the financially well-off have troubles, sometimes. A romantic neurosurgeon spouse, a beach house, a loving family, a new promotion, a Mercedes and an Escalade, and ownership of lots of expensive shoes is not always proof or protection against bad neighbors, paranoia, prank calls, and abduction. COMMUNITY AFFAIRS is fast-paced, funny, winsome, and well-plotted. It's also vivid and realistic. Definitely great escap
Marilyn
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

the woman who was all about how to be sexy and furlt and then wonder how trouble found her kidnapping.
Diane
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Murder and amateur sleuthing is a mainstay of the mystery genre; but less common is the inclusion of humor, a device that sets Community Affairs apart from the majority of 'look-alike' titles and which provides a satisfying diversion from the usually-too-serious job of sleuthing.

Bonnie is taking an oath of office, and it's time to celebrate her big promotion: an event almost stymied by new neighbors who are moving in and arguing with each other. As Bonnie comes to believe her new neighbor is uns
Rhonda
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars

In this third book of Jersey Shore Bonnie Fattori is the main character. Bonnie is married to Jayce a Dr. She is a big flirt which gets her into trouble. Bonnie is starting a new job. She has two little girls.

Her friend Chelsey is helping her this time. Chelsey is working for Bonnie's uncle P.I. business.

Bonnie has got a new neighbor in her beachfront neighborhood in New Jersey. Lyla and Cason Spratt. Lyla thinks that Bonnie is having a affair with Cason. Lyla starts causing trouble with
Christa Nardi
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
In COMMUNITY AFFAIRS, city clerk Bonnie and her neurologist husband Jayce have new neighbors - Cason, the senator has a roving eye and Lyla is a bit vindictive if she suspects he's interested. Bonnie's self-control isn't very good and just to get Lyla riled, she flirts with him. Not a good idea.

Bonnie jumps to the conclusion that Lyla is behind the pranks and threats targetting her. Is Lyla also behind the disappearance of Polly Pitcher? Her friend Chelsey and her husband try to convince Bonnie
Teresa
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Michele Lynn Siegfried does it again with her city clerk, Bonnie Fattori who sometimes can’t keep her mouth shut or her sense of flirtation down to a respectable level.  This time Bonnie encounters a crazy new neighbor with a husband who just loves to flirt.  Miss Siegfried peppers the story with some wonderful descriptions that had me laughing out loud like “he lit up like a teenager with a fistful of ones at a nudie bar.”   This is a fun, fast-paced mystery to read with a plot twist you won’t ...more
Leslie
Aug 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cops, mystery, philly
I like this book. I really did. and I hated the second book in the series.

Bonnie Fattori is a lucky lady, with two great kids, a wonderful nanny a neurosurgeon husband and a new job. Her wonderful beach front home was completely redone after being devastated by a hurricane. She has a closet full of designer shoes and a salary that accommodates her fashion fever.

Then her new neighbor turn out to be a psycho. One of her friends goes missing and she and her husband are driven apart.

Shelley Giusti
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it

This is my first read by Michele and I really liked it. With humor and a murder what's not to like. You will laugh your way through this book and help Bonnie solve the murder. I couldn't put it down, I just had to know what was going to happen next. This is a great read for anyone who likes to laugh. Michele holds you captive and the characters are strong.You will be pulled in to the story from the start.
Christine
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first novel I’ve read from this author and I really enjoyed the mixture of murder/mystery and comedy. Bonnie is funny and gave me quite a few laughs throughout the book, taking all the seriousness out of murder. It was an enjoyable, fun read with cool characters. I give it 4 stars rounded to 5. ...more
Debbie Manning
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I won this book from Goodreads, and I enjoyed it. If I had to categorize it, I'd call it a cozy mystery. It's a light, quick read, great for the beach. The story moved quickly, and was populated with interesting characters.
Patti-trish Hochreiter
Awesome

This was another awesome read. I started reading and couldn't put it down. I look forward to the next one. This one was action packed and kept my interest from page one till the end.
Chuck Stone
Mar 01, 2016 rated it liked it
It was alright but after the first two the switch in the main character was a little bit of a let down
Krystyna
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Things we do for love

This is all about Bonnie our heroine's BFF. When new neighbours move in there is nothing but trouble. Even her new job can't make this any better. Harassment after harassment. With the wife making claims that she is having an affair with her, senator, husband. Enough to make her own husband leave and allow her to be kidnapped. Can she get free? Why have they kidnapped her and her foul mouthed, crazy neighbour? What is the link to the senator? Is the death of a young woman al
Leah
Jan 26, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mysteries
Community Affairs, by Michele Lynn Seigfried, is a companion novel to the Chelsey Alton mysteries, focusing on Chelsey’s best friend Bonnie Fattori. Bonnie is a beautiful, brash, Italian woman living in New Jersey. She is the mother of twin girls, married to a handsome and rich doctor, and just received a promotion at work. Everything seems to be shining her way…that is until her new neighbors move in: a leering senator and his psychotic wife. When the wife, Lyla, misconstrues Bonnie’s neighborl ...more
Kathleen
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for a fast-paced cozy mystery to wile away a cold winter's day, then I have the book for you!

In Community Affairs, the third book in the Jersey Shore Mystery Series, the author transports the reader back to the Jersey Shore to follow newly promoted Coral Beach Municipal Clerk Bonnie Fattori and her best friend, amateur sleuth Chelsey Alton, on their latest mystery investigative adventure.

Set in the small NJ shore town of Coral Beach, and told in the first person narrative, Bon
Annie McDonnell
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story gripped me from the very first chapter….and, I was unable to put it down until I finished it. Michele Lynn Seigfried is very engaging with her writing. This is a murder mystery unlike any I have read. It had me guessing to the end, and laughing along the way.
We meet Bonnie Fattori and she lives on the beach in New Jersey with her physician husband. She likes to flirt, she is funny, she is likable even though you almost want to not like her so much. New neighbors move in and the roller
Rhonda
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book immensely! The flow of the story and characters were well written. I couldn't put it down. It did not end how I thought! Total surprise. Given copy for honest review!
Carolyn Sue Dyson
Sep 07, 2015
Bonnie Flynn
Sep 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Michele Lynn Seigfried is the author of humorous, cozy mystery novels and a children’s picture book author/illustrator.

Michele was born and raised in New Jersey. In her mystery novels, she draws from her personal expertise in the area of municipal government, in which she has served for over 18 years in two different municipalities.

She holds a B.A. in communication from the College of New Jersey w