Start by marking “Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson, #11)” as Want to Read:
Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson, #11)

Eleventh Grave in Moonlight

(Charley Davidson #11)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  13,259 ratings  ·  1,410 reviews
A typical day in the life of Charley Davidson involves cheating husbands, missing people, errant wives, philandering business owners, and oh yeah...demons, hell hounds, evil gods, and dead people. Lots and lots of dead people. As a part time Private Investigator and full-time Grim Reaper, Charley has to balance the good, the bad, the undead, and those who want her dead. In ...more
Published January 24th 2017 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Eleventh Grave in Moonlight, please sign up.
H.A. Fowler I can all but guarantee that if this is the last book, there would be mass rioting. I'm just saying. It'll be worth the wait.
Michelle Taylor I think there is (at least)1 more after book 11! I hope I'm right!

·  13,259 ratings  ·  1,410 reviews

Start your review of Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson, #11)
Maya
So where to start with this book. I'm a fan of this series and of this author, so I sometimes, when I know there is a new book on the horizon, tend to mildly stalk Darynda on her facebook. And what would you know, that's exactly where she so kindly posted the link to NetGalley, about this story being there up for grabs. Of course I had to get this book and I did. Yes! It's no surprise that I really liked this new story. I can never get enough of Reyes and Charley. I recently started to collect t ...more
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

As a fan it hurts me that every freaking book is now a cliffhanger. I use to be the biggest advocate for this series, and honestly I just feel letdown as a fan of the series. I get so sick and tired of little info being put out each book that pertains to the big showdown at the end of whenever and then bam cliffhanger. It's now book 11, what are we waiting for? It's super convoluted, and I just find myself frustrated at best to describe it. I put in my time, money, energy and love into this seri
Jane
Huh. I guess there's not much hope at this point that we're ever going to get back to the Charley I loved in the early part of this series.

The case she was trying to solve here was interesting enough, I guess, but I'm so underwhelmed by the way the ongoing story is unwrapping that I can't get too enthusiastic about this instalment.

I really wish this series stuck to a simpler formula of Charley being snarky and fun and solving mysteries with just a hint of the supernatural stuff. This is just to
Jilly
But, that ending????

Now I have to wait another year to find out? Just get a gun and shoot me instead. It would be easier than the slow torture you have unleashed upon me, Darynda!

Ugh! So, anyway, in this installment, we have Charley trying to solve a case that involves the people who kidnapped her husband as a baby. These people, unlike most kidnappers, are bat-shit crazy. Like religious crazy, which is somehow worse. The way I see it, if you want to be evil assholes, why drag God into the mix?
Marianne

Watchful angels everywhere! a psychotic stalker, missing children and the sickest, most misguided religious adoption agency to ever see the light of day. To top it off; there is Eidolon...

That's right, there is no rest for the wicked. Or the godly. As in actual gods, of course. Our star-crossed crossed deities are unlikely to find peace on Earth anytime soon. Add a God Glass to the equation and things might get a little hairy...

But I suppose thats only to be expected when you're Sata
TJ

THE REVIEW

Why this book?
I love this series

What I thought

This book was just plain awesome, but of course it was the whole series is awesome! I love Charley and all her shenanigans and Reyes and gang. It kills me every year to wait and see what they're going to be up to next. So much stuff happened in this book and so much is brought to light. There is never a dull moment. I liked how this book didn't feel as dark as the last two did and
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Charley Davidson series is a series that will hook you from the very first book, heck, it will hook you from the very first chapter and as the series has progressed, that hook, that addiction, has only gotten better and even more addicting.

Jones' eleventh book is every bit as good as it possible can be. After eleven books one would expect things to start to get to be too much or even too little but instead, each page is infused with just as much humor, fun, and adventure as always, not to m
Yodamom
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favorite-author
Eleventh Grave
There is never enough pages in these books ! Ms Jones writes so magically that it always feels like I just started the book then BAM it’s over. I get lost in the story, lose track of time and become totally emerged in Charlie Davidson’s world, fall so completely in love with her husband. Ah, I mean I really enjoy reading these characters. Falling in love with a fictional character would be nuts right ? I may be a little nuts.
Point of extreme interest-
-Charlie is evolving, superpowe
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
"Be prepared to have the time of your life with 'Eleventh Graven in Moonlight'"

Read this review in its entirety at Fresh Fiction
MissBecka
Oooooooookaaaaayyyyyy.
That ending means the next book is either gonna be freaking amazing or just really really weird & awkward.
I look forward to finding out!
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

I read the past three CHARLEY DAVIDSON titles, and looking back that was a mistake because Lorelei King’s voice has become as synonymous with these books as the t-shirt quotes. Things are still trucking along after 11 volumes, some for the better, and others not so much. Like any long running series, it’s had its hiccups. More questions get added while as others are answered, but overall ELEVENTH GRAVE IN THE MOONLIGHT was another set-up installment for what is to come,
Erin
3.5 Stars.

I enjoyed Eleventh Grave in Moonlight but as with most long running series I'm beginning to feel some fatigue. It took me much longer than usual to read this because I felt like the series has began to go off the rails a bit.

Darynda Jones is a masterful storyteller. She has somehow managed to keep this series funny, sexy, and filled with emotion. Despite my fatigue I will read book 12 which I believe will the last in the series.

2018 Badass Books Challenge: A Book you've started before
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
5!! ★'s

Yes! another five star read and my first for this year. I love this series and every single book just keeps getting better and better.

In this book, Charley's up to her same old thing...solving mysteries and helping people at every turn but she is getting stronger with her powers. She is learning more about herself and thankfully Reyes is finally giving her some real help.

Of course, Reyes and Charley are my favorite parts of this whole series and I just love getting to know more about t
Marta Cox
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
Finally the book that I have been waiting for because as much as I've enjoyed the previous episodes in Charleys life I'm the first to admit her exuberant often teenlike behaviour has stymied my belief in her relationship. Yes I am referring to her often cow like batting of eyes when her husband Reyes comes into view. Yes he is gorgeous, apparently sex on a stick but his taciturn acceptance of Charleys crazy ways often leaves me stumped!
Anyway onto the plot. There is so much converging here that
Jaela
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg! Omg! OMG!!

I just can't believe this author! How she amazes me every time I read a book of hers. I just love Charlie and Reyes! This is one the the most beautiful and extraordinary series EVER!! I'll always read about Charlie.

This series is just getting better and better. The smexy scenes are incredible! I LOVED the plot this time, it didn't involve just the MCs but the side ones as well ( not so sidey...). I hope I see more of Shawn, he looked so cool...

This is a book you read in just one s
Betül
**ARC provided by publisher in exchange for an honest review**

description

I can honestly say that the Charley Davidson series is my all time favorite. Darynda Jones has cracked the code of keeping a series fresh even after 10 books. I love every character in this series and they all play such an important role in what makes this series so amazing. In Eleventh Grave in Moonlight Charley is up to her usual Private Investigating activities while also dealing with the paranormal danger that is hanging over the
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
Tons of mystery and one heavy case load, Charley Davidson is peak perfection in book eleven!
From the beginning until the very end I was caught up in her world; but let’s start from the top, shall we?

Something is up with Uncle Ubie, Angel gets a little touchy feely, and Reyes? Well… he gets some steamy prime time not ready for television moments. I really did love this installment. It feels like a throwback to the earlier books. It’s more focused and albeit still funny, just not as silly as she’
☆★Tinja★✮ A Court of Pizza and Laziness
I wonder where this is going. It's crazy, everyone's (view spoiler)

Part of me preferred when things were a little.. um simpler ? XD

Does anyone have a clue how many books there will be ? I bet there will be a spin-off.
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
I freaking love Charley Davidson. She's a girl after my own heart. She loves coffee nearly as much as I do, she has kickass ankle boots, you can always count on her sarcastic and bizzare answers to any given question, she gives names to inanimate objects that make total sense (like naming a couch Alexander Skarsgard for it's buttery curves and wide back), and occasionally she kills an evil god or two. Not The God, just uhm... the other annoying ones.

Personally, I try to stay away from any partic
Bradley
Jun 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It's completely official. I'm a fan. I'm consistently having a burritoful of fun every time I pick these up. Any kind of old annoyance I MIGHT have had with the series is flattening out in a slide of hot coffee and green chiles.

And now? I'm just enjoying the UF goodness.

Let's enjoy those godlike powers, shall we? It's BIG power. :) HUGE.

So why isn't the story overwhelmed with such huge powers and huge stakes?

It's Albuquerque. Nobody expects much of that place, I think. BUT GIMME MY HOT FOOD!
Cheryl La Pa
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-to-read, 2017-jan
This series is just so fantastic. So much so, that when I received the latest release, I warned my family that I will only be available for the occasional meal and threatened death if I was interrupted whilst reading my new book.

The men in Charley’s life are trying to boss her around. Someone from Reye’s past has asked Charley to do some investigative work for him and Reye’s has ordered her to ‘Drop the case, Dutch’. Ubie is in a grumpy mood and has told Charley to stay at home or he will arres
Ronda
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fabulous and funny read from one of my favourite authors Darynda Jones.

I love the way Charley has developed over the last 11 books to become what she has in book 12, however, she is only just starting to become what she is meant to become, where will that take us?

Can't believe Reyes done what he did and that Eleventh Grave in Moonlight ended with that cliffhanger!!

Bring on the next round!!
☕️Kimberly
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In Eleventh Grave in Moonlight, Charley is worried about keeping Uncle Bob alive, investigating the Fosters, handling a stalker case, and dealing with a God. In other words, things are perfectly normal. Just add coffee and the sizzling hot son of Satan.

Unlike the turmoil in Curse of Tenth Grave, things felt a little more mellow. Say hello to snuggle time with Reyes and some traveling. Jones used these moments as a lesson for both Charley and the reader. We gain a better understanding of the true
Dana Alma
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG the turn of events will kill you!!!

Humorous and captivating, with a healthy dose of mystery and passion threaded throughout, Eleventh Grave in Moonlight by Darynda Jones is a page-turner! Reyes and Charley's unique chemistry intensifies, so prepare yourself for some steamy moments. Unspoken fears and truths lead to a reality neither Charley or Reyes will be ready for. A MUST READ!!! Brace yourself! Jones delivers one of her best and most shocking nail-biting endings yet! Happy Reading!
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
It's started off slow but ended way too soon. I have so say I predicted the ending. I'm scared for the next book. I may not be able to forgive and forget what Reyes does next. So I hope it gets resolved quickly.
Carvanz
Ho-ly heck!!! Let me just say I am so very thankful I don’t have to wait for the next book to be released. This series has taken me on one wild ride but I never in a million years expected this to happen and I’m about to chew my nails off because of it. And I’ve got book twelve queued up and ready.

This time around things are a bit slower for Charlie, at least in Charley’s world which is really saying something because the girl is always in the middle of something. During her “down” time she’s ta
Cyndi
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Egad! I LOVE this series!!!
Charley is one of my favorite characters! She’s sarcastic, loyal, and tough.
In this book Charley begins by trying to figure out how to release innocent souls from a hell dimension and arrives at a plan that has her usual results. Bad.
Meanwhile she battles a cult, works to rescue missing children and work on her marriage.
Excellent book! 😊💕📖
Rose
Jan 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Are you fucking kidding me with this shit?
Danielle (Danniegurl)
Review to come. I'm honestly a jumble of emotions right now. The ending really messed me up. I feel anger, disappointment, sadness, but I do think the book was good. I just, I just dunno how I feel about anything quite yet. Especially the mother effing CLIFF HANGERS which are getting super annoying as they now serve to stretch out the book. Charley used to have more in way of investigations, I'd like some more of that. Ugh. So yea. I dunno.

_____________

Ok, so I've slept on it a bit. Not much re
Under the Covers Book Blog
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing

My review will probably saying nothing new compared to all the five star review for this book or any other book in this series. Most Likely it will say how awesome this book or this series is or how Jones has godly writing skills as she sucks us all into Charley Davidson’s world so deep we’re left in a worse case of reading slump. It also say how funny, emotional, nail biting and how sexy this book is. In truth, every word is meant with a passion and I’m sure I speak for everyone in that gro

• Up from the Grave (Night Huntress, #7)
  • Grave Ransom (Alex Craft, #5)
  • Grave Dance (Alex Craft, #2)
  • Grave Visions (Alex Craft, #4)
  • Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3)
  • One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6)
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)
  • River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6)
  • Grave Witch (Alex Craft, #1)
  • This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5)
  • Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8)
  • Silence Fallen (Mercy Thompson, #10)
  • Grave Destiny (Alex Craft, #6)
  • Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4)
  • Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson, #5)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Fire Touched (Mercy Thompson, #9)
NYTimes and USA Today Bestselling Author Darynda Jones has won numerous awards for her work, including a prestigious RITA, a Golden Heart, and a Daphne du Maurier. As a born storyteller, she grew up spinning tales of dashing damsels and heroes in distress for any unfortunate soul who happened by, annoying man and beast alike. She currently has two series with St. Martin's Press, the Charley Davids ...more

Charley Davidson (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)
  • Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2)
  • Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3)
  • Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4)
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
  • The Curse of Tenth Grave (Charley Davidson, #10)