Start by marking “Rise of the Flame (The Eura Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Rise of the Flame (The Eura Chronicles #1)

Rise of the Flame

(The Eura Chronicles #1)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  558 Ratings  ·  83 Reviews
From international bestselling author, K.N. Lee comes Rise of the Flame, an epic beginning to the Eura Chronicles.

Six races. Four realms. One human girl who can bring them together in peace... or war.
Lilae has been hunted since the night of her birth, for she is heir to a god’s throne. But everything that her surrogate family has done to protect her may have been for not
Kindle Edition, 1, 465 pages
Published (first published January 5th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Rise of the Flame, please sign up.

Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Crazy4Books
WARNING:
I wouldnt read the Goodreads summary for this book because I feel like it is kind of spoilery.

RATING: 4.5 Stars

I appreciated the list of different realms, races and their abilities at the beginning because it was difficult to keep track of everything and what each race was able to do. I didnt always understand who certain characters were and what race they were from. There was also a few other things I was confused about but most of it was clarified later on. I even went back to reread
Ceres95
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lilae is human and she has a great destiny, she’s the only heir to the human god’s throne and she will fight for it. To avoid her enemies, she never lives for a long time in the same village. Because of her hair, the other people don’t like her. She is a really good fighter and she knows how to protect herself and the other.
Liam is the heir of the Tryan’s throne, he’s powerful and he normally will be an ally for Lilae. But before they must see each other and that’s not easy because everything a
Natalie Coelho
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I can truly say that when I started reading the very first sentence I was already hooked, truly amazing there is so much action and adventure I could not put the book down I had to finish it. You will fall in love with this story I know I did and can not wait for the second book to see what happens next. Truly and epic tale and story, for someone who loves to role-play and loves fantasy this made me whole day. <3
Cassandra
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

This book is great. I just wish she would put out the next book already instead of just giving us teasers of what is to come. On her website is a teaser for night of the storm and at the end of this book. I would love to read more of it than random teasers.
Tamara
*I received a free copy of this ebook through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

The first half of this book dragged a lot for me. The world building wasn't executed very well, with info dumps in the form of teaching characters who already should have known the info or having them repeat aloud things they had previously learned. I found the story to be a little boring at first. Had I not felt obligated to finish it and provide a review, I likely would have abandoned it.

Things improved
Celia Kennedy
Oct 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Lees epic novel is the first piece of fantasy fiction that I have read in quite some time. I found the book utterly transporting, imaginative, and gripping.

The first in four books, Rise of the Flame introduces us to all the major players in this saga. With six races, four realms - including humans - there are a lot of pieces to the puzzle to keep a hold of when reading the book, much like reading JR Tolkien's Lord of the Rings series. Like all epic novels, where worlds, beings, hierarchy, re
Emma
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r4r-and-arc
I received a free copy of this book via netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book took me a long time to read, about a month but I have been very busy so it has felt a little bit like a marathon. A very enjoyable marathon though.

I like Lilae, she was clever but she's a little naive. It gave her depth and showed her young years, so it worked very well. I liked her relationships, she had some good ones but some bad ones too, which made it more realistic.

Liam was fun and sounded like a r
Bec
Rise of the Flame is the first installment of an epic fantasy that is a little dark, a little tragic and promises more of that to come. It’s ultimately about a 5 people from various different races that are The Chosen of god like beings that are waring. The Flame, Storm, Cursed One, Steel and Inquisitor ultimately will be the saviors or destroyers of the world of Eura.

Lilae is our mc for most of this good and is the Flame; Liam who is Storm has a pretty big role in this book with the other Chos
Millie
Apr 11, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Bad dialogue, garbage plot. Painfully stupid main character--and not in a "oh she is only 17/18 and we have to make allowances for her naïveté" kind of way. I can get down with that kind of slow. This was more like a "I can't believe this chick is supposed to be some hero and has the common sense of a three year old" kind of deal. Not to mention she had the personality of a table leg.

I can't remember one character I liked. Maybe the fairy Nani, but even she was one dimensional. Shitty depiction
Ashley Martinez
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5/4 stars
A dark and interesting new fantasy that blends elements of Lord of the Rings and the video game Heavenly Sword. Full of unique and intriguing races and powers, this book promises an unforgettable adventure despite some issues. For me, the story started off slow. It was a little hard to get into and took me awhile. But once I got to the second half of the book, it picked up and really captured my attention.
The different characters were enjoyable to read, I only wished there would've b
Jenna’s love of books
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
How to describe this book. Think of it as a mix of Harry Potter and Percy Jackson. Rise of the flame is full of magic, action, and romance. It brings you into a very different world that your used to, and it's like your there living it. The characters are easy to fall in love with, and you can't help but root for them to succeed. And the bond between characters creates a family that would do anything to protect one another.
If anything, this book gives you a perfect escape for a few hours. I woul
Kirstin Pulioff
Rise of the Flame is epic in every sense of the word! This book has everything--complex characters, a well-developed fantasy world, romance, action, and plot twists. The author certainly knows how to tell a story. I was hooked from the first page... and I guarantee you'll be too! If you enjoyed Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones, you'll love this book.
Shelly Mistrot
Mar 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
neat

I really enjoyed this book, it was excellent. I liked how all the races were separated and the mythology. I enjoyed how the characters grew and changed.
Brett Lister
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
great read. interesting characters and some despicable villains. looking forward to the next installment.
Barbara
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Omg! This book was fantastic and I'm dying to read the next book in the series!
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
Thanks to NetGalley and Patchwork Press for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Realms, races and powers, oh my. A human girl, an elf prince and a hunky emperor with a monstrous army behind him. These three have been prophesied about along with four others whose destiny lies in the fight of their lives slinging around the power of the Gods. Will Lilae fall for the cursed emperor or will she hold out for the elf prince?

I love stories with powers and this one is full of them
The Mysterious Reader
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rise of the Flame is the start of what I can already tell is an incredibly ambitious tale. Sort of Lord of the Rings but with a better view of emotional relationships and the potential for a powerfully epic romance. (That's no insult to LoTR, which I've adored since I was a little girl and have read at least 6 times. Nor does it mean Tolkien can't do emotions - you just look at Frodo to know he can - but c'mon is there even one truly strong female in it? Nope. Largely because it wasn't "a woman' ...more
Debi
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is so unreal that at 11yrs of age Ms. Lee wrote this, her first book. Which continued to grow an developed. It' seems such a shame that after so many years and several thousands of words the only file of this book was stolen. It must have been detrimental to her yet she preserved and began again. I, for one, am so thankful she did. The love of her characters and their need to have their story told pushed Ms. LEE through. "Rise of the Flame" is a tremendously written book. Her characters are s ...more
Penelope
Apr 16, 2018 rated it did not like it
Multiple spelling and punctuation errors aside (Kindle version), I enjoyed the idea of the book. The story was intriguing, and very promising. Lee created a beautifully tragic world, and got me invested in its well-being. However, the main characters never did anything for themselves, and were constantly being saved by the other characters. Instead of growing as characters, and overcoming or finding ways to work around their own problems, the characters are saved from any character development t ...more
Linda Hamonou
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think this series is my favorite by K. N. Lee so far.
I really liked the setting and the world building in this one.
This novel follow the Flame, one of the six representatives of the 6 races through her journey to the wall between the different realm. It also follows the Storm in his quest to get to the same wall and meet the Flame.
There are a lot of twists and turns in this story and a lot of changes to the characters as they go through hardship.
The pace is rather fast and there are a lot o
Auburn
Sep 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First, why oh why did I wait so long to read this? I am kicking myself.

Lilae and Liam are the Flame and the Storm and together they may just win the war. Unfortunately they need to find each other first and to do that they must battle their own demons. No one is safe and the stakes couldn't be higher.

I absolutely loved this book. It took a bit since the POV kept changing but in the end I enjoyed being able to understand what the other characters were thinking. It really enhanced the story. I als
Sep 22, 2016 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book in response for an honest review

I came across this book a while ago on Amazon and was instantly intrigued. However, I couldn't bring myself to buy as I had never read K.N. Lee's work before and the blurb didn't grab me enough to make me desperate to buy then and there. That being said, every few weeks I would go back to the listing to re-read the blurb and have another look at the price. Despite not grabbing me enough to make that instantaneous, no holds barred pur
Fiona Andrew
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A young girl taken at birth to be trained to become part of a prophecy. Her power comes to her slowly, and she suffers many hardships but they only make her stronger. Her capture by the Emperor, and her torture by the Dark Shadow Elf Dragnor help to shape her into the Flame. Great read, looking forward to the next book.
Elizabeth Meadows
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Engaging tale

What an amazing display of world building. There were so many interesting characters, I can't choose a favorite. The emperor, the heroine, the wise elder...

I'm looking forward to book 2. I borrowed this book from Kindle Unlimited.
Lila White
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
The story is good but the Kindle version is full of typos and wrong words (i.e. "got" instead of "for"). While it is easy to figure out what should have been there from context, it a distraction and takes away from the story. Hopefully the print version is better.
Ola Adamska
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-2017
This author usually writes shorter books, but I think she gets even better with full-length books!
This book is full of Magic, emotions, and turns! I was captivated by it, even when I suspected it would be a short read with not too much deep.
Great Fantasy book!
Suki
Sep 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Book 1

Book 1 was enjoyable and had errors throughout. The plot was well done and the characters developed well over time. I look forward to book 2 and I hope it doesn't have as many errors as book 1.
Janet Swiftbird
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great read

What a good storyline. Follow these wonderful characters on their individual journey through an inspiring realm of human, fairies, Giants, golem and so much more.
Carolyn Bottkol
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book!

This was a great book and enjoyed reading it. The characters were good, the story line was great and can’t wait to read the next book in the series.
  • Darkness Descends: A Skye Faden Novel
  • Moon Mark (Mark, #2)
  • Swept Away
  • Fractured Darkness (The Age of Alandria #3)
  • The Haze (The Haze, #1)
  • Rising Dawn (The Jessica Dawn Series, #1)
  • Jack Templar And The Lord Of The Werewolves (The Templar Chronicles, #4)
  • Zoe & Zak and the Yogi's Curse (Zoe & Zak Adventures, #2)
  • The Beckoning of Beautiful Things (Beckoning, #1)
  • Created Darkly (Kris Chase, #1)
  • Paladin (Elemental Paladins, #2)
  • Daughter of Winter
  • Dreamscape: Saving Alex
  • Unraveling Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #5)
  • Keeper (First Ordinance, #2)
  • Blood Leverage (Bloodstone Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood Awakening (Blood Burden, #0.5)
  • The Threshold Child (The Threshold Child, #1)
K.N. Lee is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who resides in Charlotte, North Carolina. When she is not writing twisted tales, fantasy novels, and dark poetry, she does a great deal of traveling and promotes other authors. Wannabe rockstar, foreign language enthusiast, and anime geek, K.N. Lee also enjoys helping others reach their writing and publishing goals. She is a winner of t ...more

The Eura Chronicles (3 books)
  • Night of the Storm (The Eura Chronicles #2)
  • Dawn of the Forgotten (The Eura Chronicles #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)