Start by marking “Nashville Heat (Nashville #1)” as Want to Read:
Nashville Heat (Nashville #1)

Nashville Heat

(Nashville #1)

Alternate Cover Edition for ISBN 9781301117901

When Sydney Stratton moved to Nashville to follow her dream of making it in the country music business, she never counted on meeting Dex Wilder, country's hottest star, let alone hooking up with him! But after a few hot encounters with her cowboy lover, raw lust turns to something deeper and Sydney helps Dex write a new song th
Published April 19th 2015 by Dragonfly Press Books (first published June 5th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Nashville Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nashville Heat

Tpagirl
Nashville Heat was the first book in the Nashville series by Bethany Michaels. It was also my first book by the author.

Sydney Stratton was a struggling writer / musician working multiple jobs in Nashville until she could find her big break. Dex Wilder was a new country star and known as a playboy who sings about drinking and partying.

Nashville Heat was a sweet story depicting the struggles to fame. It was written from a single POV, Sydney’s. I liked the premise of the story, but I desired more.
Trashy Katie
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own-e-book
It was fine except for the bit where the heroine gives up her dream of stardom to write music behind the scenes. She does it with no remorse or much thought. The trope of women giving up on careers they love and struggle for a man makes me angry. Can't we send more empowering messages to women?
Anne OK
Sep 30, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-reads
3.5 "Fun-to-read" Stars

Sometimes a simple visit to romanceland is all it takes to put a smile on this reader's face. That’s exactly what I found in Bethany Michaels’ “Nashville Heat” and it was a freebie to boot! Quick, short and fun read on a Sunday afternoon with a cast of easy to like characters and steamy encounters set in country music’s exciting city of Nashville. One has already found fame and the other is still striving with every ounce of strength to gain it. A chance encounter puts the
Julie Kirby
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A new-to-me author and it was a great introduction.

The story flows very well, with developed characters.

I thought the periphery characters played important roles, helping to make the story more believable.

I enjoyed the premise of an up=coming Country star, 'working' to pay the rent whilst trying to get heard within the Music Industry, and thought this was very true based on friends experiences doing the same thing.

Our heroine Sydney finds herself interacting with guests at a part, where she is
Carly
I liked this story, however, this book was a four star up until the the last few chapters. The ending felt rushed.
Sharon
May 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bookbub-free
Free via BookBub

Sydney and Dex share a steamy one night stand together.

That's it - until singer/songwriter Sydney sneaks backstage one night at a country gig to give her demo to a producer. Instead of a producer, she meets Dex, who is now on his way to superstardom - and they're all over each other again.

This was fine - I wanted pure escapism and I got it. I didn't like Sydney and I didn't like the humming and hawing over whether she wanted to be with Dex or not. I'm usually a fan of the will-
Cathy
Feb 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
good story of falling in love despite trying to avoid it!
B. C. Booklover
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet read

This book by a new to me author was a good one. It was short but sweet, a quick, sexy, steamy, fun book about a country singer, Dex, who ends his Nashville night hooking up with a girl, dressed in a toga, serving drinks at an industry party!!! He's very interested!

Sassy Sydney is that girl, a lead singer herself, with her band, Road Kill, recently having moved to Nashville, hoping to be discovered like everyone else in that town. Dex's star is on the rise while hers is non- existent,
Lynne
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great series start

I enjoyed this story. A break from my usual MC Series I read. This was a quick,fun read. Based in my favorite city of Nashville,. A chance enounter at a party puts these two together. Dex is already a star & Sydney is trying to make it in the business. Circumstances keep them apart & bring them back together. Even with the great hot & steamy attractions it takes them awhile to connect. But when they do sparks fly. They get their hea, pretty good for a free read.
Stephanie Frugis Foti
Debdes1221
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!! This is definitely a new favorite author for me! I love reading about Nashville and I love country music, so this is a win win for me! I loved Dex and Syd. Dex was so honest and sincere and HOT!! I actually started reading this book but then had to stop to read an ARC book for another author. Although I loved the other book, I couldn't get this book off of my mind and I couldn't wait to get back to it! I'm so excited to start a new series with this author and I highly recommend it!!!
Lisa
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
😄

Sydney wants to be a singer/song writer but she doesn't expect to meet the one man she couldn't say no to. Dex wilder is a new hit country star and he wants her he has her but all she does is run from him but two years later when she ends up in his dressing room by mistake will he just let her walk away again?
Kelly
May 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok ish

I found it easy to get into this story, felt the connection to the characters but felt it was rushed. It was 200 ish pages and felt that it could have been a good read if it wasnt rushed l.
Rheanna
It was OK. I got it as a free ebook and it was alright to read as a quick chick flick sorta thing. I found the story a bit patchy at times, like it just threw itself into the next bit.
I’d recommend it for a quick read though.
Elaine J. Barnett
Saucy little novel

Great book. The story had some erotic love scenes that only added to the story.
I enjoyed this book a lot.
Ana
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was awesome! So much heat! Loved it! Dex and Sydney were awesome! Can't wait to read the other books in the series!
Leslie
Mar 25, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Oh dear God this is awful. DNF
Sharilyn Russell
Really

When I started reading I thought oh yes this is gonna be good and yes it was. It was just to short.
Alfreda Summons
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nashville series

I really loved this book. I look forward to reading the series. Bethany Michaels writes a very good story. It gets easy to fall into the characters.
Sumit
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Kristi Davis
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it
A little to pat and silly for me, a little too much sex.
Presly Jones
May 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-it-at-all
BIG FAT DNF
Allison Winchester bean
May 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
It was just a steady flow. No real high point.
Celestinna R Wolf
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book indeed. Can bring emotion to the readers heart and mind.
Marti
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy read, good start to o a series
Louise Wardell
May 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Enjoyable read. Dex and Sydney each have their own ideas of the future and have to find a way to combine their goals.
Victoria
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Jane Stewart
Sep 10, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Waste of time.

NASHVILLE HEAT by Bethany Michaels.

STORY BRIEF:
Dex just signed a record deal and meets Sydney. She’s crazy about him but tells him she’s not interested. She doesn’t tell him her name or phone. Two years pass, and Dex becomes a mega star. They accidentally meet again and are drawn to each other, but again she leaves him. Sydney is a hopeful country singer/song writer. She sings in local bars while working for a caterer to pay her bills. After two years she’s still doing the same thi
 Davielle Danielle  France-Edwards

Sydney and Dex had SEXUAL FEVER
The place ignited when they got together
I was like it is getting good baby!!!!

I didn’t like how she was playing hard to get which made Dex reminisce about her more…she was a sexual ,erotic, sex-in-a-public-place STAIN on his brain and downstairs .
Eventhough she was acting up…Becca let her know how it was…she was a saucy character!!! MUY CALIENTE!!!!
I was so GIDDY reading this book…I can’t believe I stayed up all night reading and couldn’t get up for

work the next
SammiesBookBlog
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: very-sweet
I really really really enjoyed this book! it hit like on every point I think a good book should have.
We meet Sydney a girl who is trying to get her foot in the door musically by waitressing at big time celebrity parties and she meets the new and rising country star Dex Wilder. And he is one HOT, smoldering cowboy! the two instantly have a connection and you can feel it radiating through the pages. They hook up one night and Syd runs, she knows what she wants in life and is not willing to sacrif
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Metal Urge
  • Jimmy (Red, Hot & Blue, #3)
  • Three-Year Rule (The Rule, #1)
  • This Fire
  • Shameless (Nashville Nights, #1)
  • Blazing Nights (Night Games #1)
  • The Rules of Love (Rulebook, #1)
  • The Accidental Groupie (The Accidental Groupie, #1)
  • Healing His Heart
  • Blood For Ink (Scarlet Plumiere, #1)
  • Without You
  • Her Own Best Enemy
  • Mountain Song
  • Kissing Santa
  • Ache (Punk, #1)
  • If We Dare to Dream (Evans Family, #1)
  • Learning from Isaac (Tarnished Souls, #1)
  • Boy in a Band (A Morgan Mallory Story)
Bethany Michaels is the author of over a dozen steamy contemporary novels and novellas as well as a few Regency-set historicals and light paranormals. The first book in her Nashville country music series, Nashville Heat, was a finalist in RT Magazine's Reviewers' Choice awards for Best Small Press Erotic Romance.

She also creates cover art for indie authors through Dragonfly Press Design (www.drag

Nashville (6 books)
  • Nashville Naughty (Nashville, #2)
  • Nashville Bound (Nashville, #3)
  • Nashville Crush (Nashville, #4)
  • Nashville Crazy (Nashville, #5)
  • Nashville Surprise (Nashville #6)