Start by marking “The Sheriff Takes a Bride (Las Morenas #4)” as Want to Read:
The Sheriff Takes a Bride (Las Morenas #4)

The Sheriff Takes a Bride

(Las Morenas #4)

Sheriff Joaquin Obregon has spent the last year in a mountain sanatorium, recovering from an attack that cost him his fiancée and livelihood. He hates what his life has become, but can’t seem to find a way to break free. Until a nurse who never liked him decides to make his resurrection her mission.

Mary Margaret McCallahan spent a childhood in the slums of New York, so bei
ebook, 1.0, 150 pages
Published March 26th 2015 by Penny Bright Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Sheriff Takes a Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheriff Takes a Bride

Start your review of The Sheriff Takes a Bride (Las Morenas #4)
Jonel
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kobo
Turner’s emotionally infused writing brings this story to life in a big way. She takes you back to old California, showing you a different side of the story. I loved how Turner brings you completely into her world, painting a picture in front of your eyes. The unique yet heartfelt storyline had me hooked while the characters actions and reactions were spot on, making it impossible to put this story down.

Mae had me in stitches. The contrast between what she things and what she says is priceless.
Naomi
Jul 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Really, I think my only complaint about this book is that it's a novella and not a novel.

It fits nicely into the series, which I really, really like (sorry, I'm tired; I'm leaving the overuse of "really"). The interaction between the main characters is great, both in the sanatorium and on their adventure. And I particularly liked the way the ending worked out (not too easily).
judy dever
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Story

I like her characters and especially these 2. I do wish thestory had lasted longer into their life or may be if the Epilogue had gone further into their life. It almost seemed unfinished somehow?
Dana Kerby
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story. Another great one in the Las Morenas series.
Kimberly Rocha~ Book Obsessed Chicks
THE SHERIFF TAKES A BRIDE by Genevieve Turner is the engaging tale of former sheriff Joaquin Obregon who was shot protecting his fiancée from criminals. It is now a year after the crime and Joaquin has been in a sanatorium recuperating from his injuries, physical and psychological. His family have stopped visiting him and his fiancée marries another leaving Joaquin angry and desolate and he is being cared for by a nurse who would rather not have to deal with him. What does he have to live for if ...more
Sara Archibald
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book 2.5 in the Las Morenas series. I love the series and I cannot wait for High County Spring!

Sheriff Joaquin Obregon has been living in a sanatorium for the last year recovering from a wound that has cost him so much. A year later, there is nothing wrong with him to the point where he needs to still be taking up a bed in the sanatorium. However, he is determined to sit around and do nothing but sulk. Since he has pushed away everyone who cares for him, he is all alone.

Nurse Mary Margar
Brandy Painter
This is a novella that follows what happens to Joaquin following his recovery from his gun shot wound. It takes place after the action in Autumn Sage. Isabel has informed Joaquin of her marriage and he did not take the news well. He feels stuck and less than what he once was. One of the nurses, Mae, is frustrated with him feeling like he only needs to get out and attempt life again. After a disastrous camping trip meant to be a therapy for Joaquin, the two find themselves in an unlikely friendsh ...more
Heidi
Apr 10, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was gifted this book via netgalley in exchange for my honest thoughts and a review.

This is the first book iv ever read by Genevieve Turner and it was very different but i found that is was a very sweet contemporary romance.

Sheriff Joaquin Obregon has spent his last year in a quiet mountain sanatorium, He has been recovering from an attack that has cost him his fiancée as well as his livelihood. He has a deep resentment for what his life has become know, and he can’t seem to find a way to break
Cathy Geha
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Once again Genevieve Turner has created a story that took me back in time to earlier days in California. Joaquin used to be a sheriff but was shot in a gunfight then spent time in a sanitarium to recuperate. Mae is from the East Coast, a nurse at the facility with career goals that she hopes will take her to Los Angeles to work in a big hospital. Sent out together on a camping trip the two opposites begin to see one another in a different manner. Mae is a healer with spunk and sass when out of t ...more
Heather andrews
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Joaquin, "so nothing got you last night?” His voice was deliciously rough with sleep. His face was relaxed, the lines of strain around his eyes almost ironed flat for once." He obviously likes to make sure he treats his woman right, "his voice went huffy. “You didn’t give me a chance to give you a proper kiss." I liked this book it was a quick read.
Mmeguillotine
Weak in comparison to the fiest 2 books in the series.
Julie
Mar 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads

I won this book through Goodreads first reads. Nice and compact story. Well done to author.
Madbethcash
Genevieve Turner gets 10/10. Would have wanted to read more about Mae's life and successes in this.
Suzanne Luchs
Jan 18, 2016
Jan 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Wind River Lawman
  • Peace Talks (The Dresden Files, #16)
  • An American In Duke's Clothing (Unlikely Match, #1)
  • The Cowgirl's Forever Love (The Colemans of Heart Falls, #1)
  • The Cyborg's Secret Baby (In the Stars)
  • Taken (Royal States  #1.5)
  • To Desire a Devil (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #4)
  • The Cowgirl's Chosen Love (The Colemans of Heart Falls #3)
  • The Promise (Rebel Promise, #1)
  • Spells for the Dead (Soulwood #5)
  • False Gods: A Rafferty P.I. Mystery (Rafferty : Hardboiled P.I. Book 7)
  • The Rebel (Rebel Promise, #2)
  • A Duke, the Lady, and a Baby (Rogues and Remarkable Women, #1)
  • Sucker Punch (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #27)
  • To Beguile a Beast (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #3)
  • Borrowed Dreams (Scottish Dreams, #1)
  • Midlife Demon Hunter (Forty Proof, #3)
  • Secondhand Cowboy

Las Morenas (5 books)
  • The Farmer Takes a Wife  (Las Morenas, #1)
  • Summer Chaparral  (Las Morenas, #2)
  • Autumn Sage (Las Morenas, #3)
  • High Country Spring (Las Morenas, #5)