Start by marking “Secrets of the Hollywood Girls Club (Hollywood Girls Club, #2)” as Want to Read:
Secrets of the Hollywood Girls Club (Hollywood Girls Club, #2)

Secrets of the Hollywood Girls Club

(Hollywood Girls Club #2)

Life at the top of the A-list is fabulous, but it’s a long way to the ground if you fall—and the cameras are always waiting to publicly humiliate you if you do. Jessica, Mary Anne, Lydia, and Celeste have stayed at the top by sticking together. The last time they collaborated on a project, the film was a huge success, launching über-agent Jessica’s boutique management comp ...more
Published April 15th 2008 by Crown

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of the Hollywood Girls Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of the Hollywood Girls Club

Start your review of Secrets of the Hollywood Girls Club (Hollywood Girls Club, #2)
Rmellenhead Guedel
Sep 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Yes
The sequel to 'Hollywood Girls Club'. A light read with lots of mystery surrounding all of the high powered Hollywood players
Alea
Jul 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-for-review
Secrets of the Hollywood Girls Club follows the lives of four friends in Hollywood. Each chapter is told from an alternating viewpoint but their storylines always cross paths. At first I suspected it may be similar to all the other chick lit I had read and in a way it was, but at the same time it was much more fun that I remember other chick lit books being. Maybe because it was set around the movie business which is something I'm really interested in. I also felt the alternating viewpoints was ...more
tyrianpurple
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
6 mind blowing, patience testing, full blown curiosity stars!

i love the first one. and liking this even better than that. this book had me tempted to take a glimpse at the ending. and the revelation. too many question and suspicion.

where is Ted?
what is the connection between Nathan, Billy, Veive?
why is Zymar only mentioned very minimum?
who is Sharman, Jay, Briggs?
and there are Terri and Kiki too..
so much to figure out. but somewhere along the near ending, i kinda knew it who did this and that. l
Emily
Apr 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, reviewed
Again, very fast enjoyable read. Again, I feel like my friends came to visit and they are gone again. There was an additional character that we saw more of in this one that wasn't in the first, a publicist Kiki, but I didn't really like her (though I don't think she was meant to be liked). I wish we had seen more of Christina who we were introduced to in the last one and we had seen more of the girls boys then we did. But I still really enjoyed it I just wanted more, like I usually do with these ...more
Beverly Diehl
Told in alternating point of view, this follows Kiki, a publicist, through her plastic surgery, with her much-abused assistant Boom Boom; Cici, THE top female star in Hollywood; Mary Anne, an up-and-coming screenwriter; Lydia, head of Worldwide Studios, and agent Jessica. There's always a new wanna-be director, a crazed newcomer determined to sleep her way through Hollywood's A-list, and a crisis that could end not only Cici's career, but that of all her friends.

As an Angeleno, I loved the place
Michelle Molinari
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
In this great sequel to the Hollywood Girls Club we find our three best friends, but this time they brought in their fourth after she proved herself in the first book to be an asset to the trio. We get to see a more naughty side of the ladies in this book (PG-13? Who am I kidding with all the sexting going on.) Anyhow, once again a great book, easy read, fun story-line, excellent characters with great relationships. I really enjoy Maggie Marr’s writing style.
Sharon
Jan 21, 2010 rated it it was ok
Hollywood chick lit is probably one of my least favorite sub-genres. Vapid characters, name-dropping, and relentless pursuit of money and fame above all else. This book had a couple of odd plot twists, and the faithful female friends were just enough to keep me reading. It was a close call, though.
Mellamoureaux
Jan 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Light mystery Hollywood read written by someone who experienced it from the inside.
A great poolside escape from the intensity of the books I've been reading ;) great job Maggie

Hate to spoil but book 3 is the best, book 1 ranks in 2nd ;) this one falls in after

So hard to rate books on this blanket rating system as you can't compare this to books outside it's genre.
Heidi
May 02, 2008 rated it did not like it
One of the worst books I have ever read or should I say attempted to read.I had to stop about 10 Chapters in. I have never stopped reading a book before but I have too many other books I want to read, than to be wasting my time.
Sade
Oct 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
this boook is very good it is very rated R i dont think that this book is good for anyone under18 years of age i am only 14 years old and i find that some parts are very inapropruate in some parts but all the rest of the book was amazing i apsulutly loved. i recomened this to ayone who likes drama.
Rio (Lynne)
Jul 28, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Not as good as the first in the series Hollywood Girls Club: A Novel, but if you enjoyed it, you will enjoy the this one. ...more
Mary Lea
Jul 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Loved this book! It's a trashy beach read! I read this on family vacation and it got passed around.
Lelia
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
Good fluff after heavy non-fiction.
Maggie
Mar 08, 2008 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
You never love one book that you write more than another...you just can't. BUT, I will say that I think my writing is better in book 2 and the story is F-U-N!
xoMaggie
Shelly
Jul 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
This was a fun summer read. I liked the 2nd book better than the first.
Heather
A nice follow up to the first book. The characters have a nice chemistry and the plot has enough juice to keep the flow going. I enjoyed this one a little more than the first.
Kori
Jul 18, 2008 rated it liked it
Fun, quick read but some partes are a bit more sexualy graphic than I was anticipating.
Nancy
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love this series! It's a fun read.
Julaine
Aug 14, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2009
Quick read. Second in the series. Both are escapist fun.
Christina
Jun 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book was great...I couldnt put it down...I felt so attached to the characters from the first book that I felt like I was one of their friends.....excellent read....
Kim
Jun 01, 2009 rated it liked it
Definitely not as good as the first one. Just OK.
Theresa
Oct 10, 2008
Drouin
Aug 24, 2016
Agnieszka
rated it it was ok
Apr 13, 2017
Claudia
rated it did not like it
Jul 31, 2011
Contest...FREE BOOKS! 1 4 Mar 11, 2008 10:36AM
Romance Reader At Heart Review: TOP PICK! 1 0 Mar 10, 2008 09:20PM

• Why Me?
  • One Good Deed
  • Summer Breeze (Keegan-Paxton #3)
  • If the Slipper Fits
  • Live Fast Die Hot
  • Who Was Jesus?
  • Salt in My Soul: An Unfinished Life
  • The Jane Austen Book Club
  • Whispers
  • Over Her Dead Body (Bailey Weggins Mystery #4)
  • Hope in a Jar
  • When the Air Hits Your Brain: Tales of Neurosurgery
  • Positively Izzy
  • Just Jaime
  • Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
  • Invisible Emmie
  • From Barcelona, with Love (Mac Reilly #4)
  • Tiny Hot Dogs: A Memoir in Small Bites
USA Today Best Selling author of romance and women's fiction. If I'm not reading or writing I'm binge watching Netflix.

Join my update list to get *FREE* books and hear about new releases, specials on books, contests, and prizes!

www.maggiemarr.net

You can email me at:

maggiemarrbooks@gmail.com

xoMaggie

Hollywood Girls Club (3 books)
  • Hollywood Girls Club (Hollywood Girls Club, #1)
  • Hollywood Hit (Hollywood Girls Club, #3)

News & Interviews